Going to NYC

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well i finally booked my trip to new york and i go in mid december. Besides the obvious attractions is there any other good places, i mean bars and stuff like that (i think u have to be 21 to drink in NY).

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3
(i think u have to be 21 to drink in NY).

the age limit is 21 in all 50 states, not just New York. Im planning to go in several months, I hope to go see the metropolitian museum of art.; that would be a good attraction for ya

have a good trip, TSK

[Edited on 10-16-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How strict are they with the 21 law, i mean is it a big deal if u get caught and do all clubs check ur ID?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

do all clubs check ur ID?

oh yeah. For smokes too. That last one especially in NYC

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It depends on where you are staying in the city. I suggest going to Dempsey's Pub on 61 E. Second Ave. Mickey Mantle's restaurant near Central Park has really good food. Peggy O'Neill's which is close to Coney Island is also really good (good Irish bar). There are bars everywhere in NYC so you shouldn't have a hard time drinking. I'd also say go see a Rangers game at the Garden, but the NHLPA is striking so there is no hockey this year.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If you'll be there over a weekend, be sure to get the weekend subway pass, as it really is the best way to get around... I'd strongly suggest going online, make a list of sites you want to see and plan a subway route to see them...
You'll see a lot more in the time you have there with a plan. There's just too much to see and do in a couple days...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows

do all clubs check ur ID?

oh yeah. For smokes too. That last one especially in NYC

I don't think anyone that can help it buys cigarettes in NYC anymore. I believe they are up to $7 a pack now.

What kind of things are you into: shopping, clubs, parks, music, etc?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
No such thing as a weekend subway pass. Only 1 day passes /weekly and monthly passes. Try the Museum of Natural History that's on 81st street on the B/C line they are open daily. Have fun

new topics
top topics

join