It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did cavemen eat dinosaurs or visa-versa???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koreanphood
reply to post by Lysergic

I see. The only problem with that explanation is that a Indian rhinoceros has a tusk above it's nose form every picture I have seen. I don't see one in the stone carving at Ankor Wat. I clearly see a Stegosaurus. From what I can tell, a Stegosaurus hind legs are longer that it's front legs just like the carving and it clearly has armor plating on it's back. Maybe someone with more knowledge about about Dinosaurs can elaborate.

Or it could be stylized, you don't know if that's the suns rays behind it or what, you want it to be a dinosaur so you reach that conclusion that's spoon fed to you by scam artists and know-nothings.

It's all good, first time I saw it I was like erhmagawd-dinosaur!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

In that case, I'm sure they taste of chicken.

or does Chicken taste of dinosaur?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Id say man would win out in the long term, adaptability is our key trait,
our size offers us much easier fuel options, however id say the species
of dinosaur we could have hunted would have been limited to some
of the semi smaller ones, maybe once in a rare while a large one that
had been badly hurt in a fight with something else or an accident, that
is if we had existed together.

our size would have been the main factor in this anyway, large prey could
kill with one bite/blow but also its hard for something the size of the larger
predators to get inside a cave or underground hiding place.
agility, mobility and adaptability are what really won out in most species anyway.

an interesting idea would be to set traps near a cave entrance, say dig a big hole,
use bait to get dino near the trap and hope one of his legs slips in, either hope
it breaks or use said time to come in with a swift attack and cause some wounds,
in either case time is on our side, a dino with a broken leg is a goner, but in
truth i doubt you would have seen much of that, preserving the meat would have
been the part that would make it simply impractical, all that effort only to have
half of it go to waste, unless we assume they figured that out as well.
edit on 27-9-2012 by bloodreviara because: to add

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Aren't most of the elite undercover reptoids? An intelligent species that survived the dino age? Also inbred cannibals? Jesus's wife was a stegosaurus?

Best I can do on the OP question, is say that some of the molecules that make up our bodies maybe were involved in decomposition of organisms on Earth millions of years ago. So in a way, yeah.

But no.

But maybe.

I reserve judgement on everything.

my face at all times

edit on 9/27/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

And this is what happens when you get bible thumpers trying to push their agenda.

The state-of-the-art 70,000 square foot museum brings the pages of the Bible to life, casting its characters and animals in dynamic form and placing them in familiar settings. Adam and Eve live in the Garden of Eden. Children play and dinosaurs roam near Eden’s Rivers. The serpent coils cunningly in the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Majestic murals, great masterpieces brimming with pulsating colors and details, provide a backdrop for many of the settings.

that's your museum. Garden of eden eh? Historically accurate that place, I've been there. I didn't find any apples though, some wench ate them all.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. Homo Sapiens has been around for 200,000 years.

Well according to Creationism they died in 1927!..so maybe there's a small window there?.

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

No not mine & it's not a museum, it's a bible based fantasy park.

Unfortunately when a nation guts its educational system & gives far too much credence to ancient myths too many people are easily confused by the difference.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Check THIS out. It's pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
One of the most interesting theories I've heard regarding dinosaurs in a long time regards the makeup of the atmosphere 65 million years ago versus today. In theory, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, there was far more oxygen in the air than today, which allowed a much greater biomass on the planet. It also explains why dinosaurs needed comparatively small lungs. It's much the same thing you see when going up a mountain: the farther up you go, the less air, and the less life.

So according to that theory and what we know of the makeup of the atmosphere for the past few thousand years thanks to ice cores, it would be completely impossible for dinosaurs and humans to coexist. There simply would not be enough oxygen for them to breathe.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Not only were homo sapiens not around, there were no hominids around. Heck, there were very few mammals around, that only appeared near the end of the "dinosaur era."

Ok, just playing along then, modern humans would win because we can reason so we'd think of traps to kill dinosaurs.

reply to post by ProjectJimmy

I don't know about that. I thought there was more co2 in the atmosphere back then.

pubs.acs.org...

edit on 27-9-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
God killed off the dinosaurs to make room for humans because we couldn't coexist. Or he put them off on a far away planet, maybe even put them on that planet Kolob.

It's usually said cavemen were hunters and not as smart as modern humans so I don't know if they would of set complicated traps and dug out holes, dinosaurs and humans probably would of hunted each other. like we would also be hunted today if we didn't cage up tigers and bears.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have always hypothesized that an infinitesimally small amount of dinosaur species could have survived into the era of man. Which could, in theory, have spawned a slew of dragon legends.

Like Saint George slaying the Dragon, for example. The "dragon" in that case could have been anything. A large snake. A massive crocodile. Or some other prehistoric offshoot from the dinosaur era.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join