It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Tweets the next step to revolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The instant communication of a person on the ground to thousands has been proven to have a effect.

Just look at the Arab Spring and in the US…The NFL.

Public Conscience is starting to wake up? I don’t think so, well, maybe to a degree, so that is a hopeful sign.

But for every tweet, there is a tweet disagreeing with it, hence civil unrest.

The NFL is a business, and hence caved to the referees demands. All because of the Tweets and opinions posted on-line of the fans. In a one week period.

But Government is another matter entirely.

I look at the Middle East and know that mass media definitely played a role. But it has been a far from smooth transition.

I've wondered what the message could be that would have a fairly instant result such as the NFL's resolution.

Oh...and I don't tweet nor use MySpace or FaceBook.

edit on 27-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't Tweet and I don't use Facebook and all the other pretend I have a friend websites....

I like real life and real people who I can look at and see facial expressions and converse with them........

I hate it when a TV programme tells you who has been tweeting and what people have written on Facebook etc...................

Who gives a crap..........

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
what revolution, every body is at home sitting on their asses in front of the computer.

the twitter revolution will last until the pizza arrives or their mom tells them to get off the computer and go to sleep.

the powers that be will take 30 million americans sitting at home tweeting frustrations than 30,000 surrounding the white house open carrying their second amendment rights.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I don't Tweet and I don't use Facebook and all the other pretend I have a friend websites....

I like real life and real people who I can look at and see facial expressions and converse with them........

I hate it when a TV programme tells you who has been tweeting and what people have written on Facebook etc...................

Well, we do use ATS don't we?

Possibly similiar? I don't think so...but it is mass media.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

the powers that be will take 30 million americans sitting at home tweeting frustrations than 30,000 surrounding the white house open carrying their second amendment rights.

It's starting to look as that is how it all starts.

It all depends upon whether you agree with whatever message is being put forth, and how friends and family react.

If your friends and family all agree to surround the WH, then chances are that you will be with them as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Well, we do use ATS don't we?

Possibly similiar? I don't think so...but it is mass media.

I think the difference between Facebook, Twitter and ATS is more to do about learning and sharing for me with like minded people....

I find such websites as Facebook so juvenile and childish and it's almost like being in kindergarten....

Who really wants to know what Sandra had for supper last night?

Why do I want to see photo's of Mark and Paula's half naked children in a paddling pool in the garden?

There are only so many pictures of cats in different positions you can look at and the historical pictures from Georgian times with modern day quotes saying such things as DILLIGAF............does it look like I give a f**k....

Is this what modern technology is here for? People have been working for years and years to develop all this technology and this is what folks do with it.....

Eh!!!!!!!!

edit on 27-9-2012 by davethebear because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what revolution, every body is at home sitting on their asses in front of the computer.

the twitter revolution will last until the pizza arrives or their mom tells them to get off the computer and go to sleep.

Yeah, I totally agree..........there will not be a revolution because people are too fat to get up from the PC and have one.....

The only revolution there will be is if the pizza arrives with no mushrooms and coleslaw..........

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

The only revolution there will be is if the pizza arrives with no mushrooms and coleslaw..........

Coleslaw on pizza...Nasty

But people are talking more and more about events that effect them.

People will always show the dreaded family vacation photos...that was even before FaceBook and MySpace.

And those posts will be ignored by those who have no care for such.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I use twitter like I do ats, to get links to interesting news, to see what is trending and as a search engine for things I'm interested in. It's interesting to see a news story break, like the London riots or Arab spring, it's a way of getting unfiltered news from all different perspectives.

I don't think they are the next step to revolution. In a way they take away the desire to mass protest, if you can tweet your outrage to the world rather than take to the streets, so maybe social media is counter productive to effective social protest.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Coleslaw on pizza...Nasty

But people are talking more and more about events that effect them.

People will always show the dreaded family vacation photos...that was even before FaceBook and MySpace.

And those posts will be ignored by those who have no care for such.

Haha.......no the coleslaw comes in a separate little carton, not actually on the pizza........

People may be in some way talking more, for want of a better term, but most of the time it is mundane. All some people tend to do is never add anything on Facebook unless they are on holiday visiting the Caribbean, jumping out of a plane or are standing on top of the Empire State building. It comes over as mass showing off to me...I travel all over the world on quite a regular basis, but I don't add photo's to a website all the time, I actually like to experience my time wherever I am for my own memories and with the person I am with....

Yeah, I do try and ignore many posts because they are all the damn same photo of a cat smelling a dogs bum. There are only so many times you can ignore stuff, you still have to see it to ignore it....

Wouldn't be so bad if people actually came up with their own funny photo's and quotes etc and be creative, but all they tend to do is just keep sharing and forwarding the same old stuff over and over again...........booooring!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

OMG! ( I hate using that term...but it is appropriate in this case).

The dreaded family vacation photos and vids have become mainstream…whether we like them or not.

But my question is…Is there a unifying message that will stop the madness?

If only for the short term anyways.

Heck, we can build from there.

edit on 27-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

top topics

join