It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continental plate cracking up under Indian Ocean - Evidence vast Indo-Australian plate is breaking!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the post! I know the activity has been increasing around here since last spring. We always have a couple of small eq's every year, but this summer has been a noticeable increase. They have been waking us up and walking objects to the edge of shelves. There was about a week and a half time span a couple of months ago when we felt one everyday. These are small and non-damage causing though, even the 6.9's in the Aleutian chain yesterday didn't knock anything off the shelves at the Adak store. We have been lucky here, and my thoughts and prayers are with anyone who has been affected or may be affected by this movement.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
just putting this out there. the first 2 or 3 weeks of April there was a swarm of those "strange noises from the sky"wonder if they are connected to this plate ripping apart?people said it sounded like metal grinding together. interesting times indeed!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
I really cannot be bothered to go through all this again. The so called Indo Australian plate already is two plates.

A bit more detail here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27/9/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

The guy who mentions the earthquakes increase 5 fold seems very qualified.

Fred Pollitz is a research geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey. He received his Ph.D in Geophysics (long-period seismology) from Princeton University in 1989, advised by Tony Dahlen. As a postdoctoral researcher he switched focus to crustal deformation studies, motivated initially through collaboration with Dr. Selwyn Sacks at the Carnegie Institution of Washington. With the USGS since 2000, he has continued to work on problems related to crustal deformation and long-period seismology.
profile.usgs.gov...

Mr. Meng at Berkeley also

But Lingsen Meng at the University of California, Berkeley, who studied the rupture pattern of the larger 11 April quake, is more confident. "I think it's a fair argument that the 11 April earthquakes may mark the birth of a plate boundary," he says. Things should become clearer as more earthquakes shake the region.

So the birth of another small plate fragment like the Juan de Fuca is out of the question here to you? I don't think they said anything about breaking in two.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

Ok whatever you say mr DUCK,Quack Quack,,

One thing certain, something bigger may happen in this decade before 2020..

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Very interesting!! s & f to you my friend

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

The date, April 11th, and the content of your thread reminded me of some things I noticed a while back. I thought I may have started a thread about out-of-the-ordinary things taking place around here.

Looked at my threads list and found this one I authored on 4-11-2012 (April 11th, 2012):

Killer Tornadoes, Golf Ball Size Hail, and EarthQuakes Happening In...... Tennessee? Yes, Tennessee!

I wonder if some of the things going on back then are related directly, or otherwise, to the topic of your thread?

Also, not sure it means anything, but thought I'd throw it out there...

Over the past year or so I have noticed the mysterious, low-pass frequency humming sound that seems to be what many others have reported hearing around the USA and world in general.

Yesterday afternoon I heard the same exact sound, originating in generally the same place as all the other occurances I've recognized (doesn't mean much, because it seemed to be coming from everywhere in the sky, but more toward the west).

I thought about making another thread about it, to have a record and what-not, but I don't want to swamp ATS with more of the same 'Mysterious Sound' threads.

What's odd is that I have never before heard the sounds during daylight hours, they mainly take place in the very early hours of the morning... I wonder if, somehow, it is tied into any of this stuff?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Everything has an equilibrium, all tectonic plates equilibrium is broken, they push against each other so just one can affect many, they will equalize though but it wont be pretty.

The tectonic plates are affected by many things, as told to us by the Plejaren (from memory) are:

oceans rising just an inch puts huge pressure on landmass
extra rainfall puts puts huge pressure on landmass not to mention floods
dams put huge pressure on landmass and dams fluctuate in mass as they empty/fill
cities put huge pressure on landmass (until it snaps back)

some things like a city/dam put the brakes on locally until pressure from behind and the sides sides makes it snap back to where it should be

drought lifts pressure
mines lift pressure
ice melting lifts pressure! this can be big as land really lifts when ice melts

nuke tests, well just imagine the damage!!! we are not as clever as we think we are, i shake my head and laugh

and other things i forget
all these things can also cause shifts deep down as earth tries to balance itself, the earth is not round, it looks like a potato when you scan it with no atmosphere, usa has a satellite that does this but i cant find the link

(The Plejaren said in the 40's if we dont listen) that even in primordial times the earth quakes will seem small to what we are going to get. so now all tectonic plates are probably screwed i would say

its not untill after ww2 the tractor did its work on the trees and cities got so large/heavy in many places, it takes a while (in our time) for an effect to surface

the ancient societies knew this from the small heavy/stone cities/dams they built
the Aztecs fell from the flood drought cycle you get when you chop down trees and loss of law and order after a flood

another thing not considered but related thats of great importance to the usa and its easy to see it is true: the Plejaren also warn the usa about an island called (la palma), its miles high and deep rock that wont take much to fall as its unstable, when (not if) this happens the east coast would be wiped clean for ten's or maybe hundreds of miles inland. Google maps and tourist websites to get a look.

they say it needs systematic, "quiet" dismantling of the part of the volcano, which is at risk (western flank)

here is a link to the Plejaren website
www.futureofmankind.co.uk...

we need some proper history not history channel
www.futureofmankind.co.uk...

a lot of my threads/posts sound doom and gloom but i aint
i know common sense when i see it and we shouldn't hide our light under a bushel ey mate

fear nothing but fear itself

i know some think the universe is sterile but for earth
and that we come from monkeys
and then every culture evolved from Africa
but i know better.
edit on 27-9-2012 by HiGilgamesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

well it can both increase and decrease the pressure on surrounding plates, depending on where specifically the fault lies and how the new crack changes the distribution of forces on the area surrounding it. The Australian continent has been moving north at a rate of 2cm per year on the western side and 9cm a year at the eastern side, so something like this was bound to happen sooner or later as the western portion of the plate ecountered greater resistance then the eastern portion.

So in a nutshell, some areas will experience an increase in stress, either from tension within the plate or pressure against other plate boundaries, and some areas will experience a decrease in pressure.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HiGilgamesh

land rising from released pressure is called isostatic rebound. sea level rise is called eustatic rebound

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So if the Indian/Australian tectonic plate is splitting into two separate plates, how , or would, this affect the great ocean currents? Would the great ocean conveyor belts be affected? Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

G'day Mate

nicest spring day yet today ey

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoobvious
just putting this out there. the first 2 or 3 weeks of April there was a swarm of those "strange noises from the sky"wonder if they are connected to this plate ripping apart?people said it sounded like metal grinding together. interesting times indeed!

dont worry about the noises from the sky its natural and nothing that will harm anyone
some of the noises in oz sound like people screaming in pain or rage and its deafening, videos are on youtube

be at peace no matter what happens, its an important time

we decide what affects us

edit on 27-9-2012 by HiGilgamesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Like several others have posted, the first thing I thought of after reading the OP was expanding Earth theory. Thanks for the heads up OP

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for the post, it actually helped to understand what was happening in there. Since I read the news on BBC, I was thinking about this and its repercusions world wide, specially since we had 7.6 quake in Costa Rica a few weeks ago with thousands of after shocks. So I'm glad you started a thread about it.

But what I really want to tell you is that I had never look anybody's avatar for more that a few seconds......yours...jeje, I just coudn't stop staring at it! It make me loose my focus while reading your post.....is so funny, and freaky at the same time...just love it!
edit on 27-9-2012 by dmgmir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Sorry, about this, but prophecizing is not a word. It is a common misspelled word!!!

Prophesying, is the word you were trying to say!!

www.spellcheck.net...

I mean no disrespect, hope this helps!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Actually back in the early 1990's there was another very large (Mw=8+) eq in the middle of the Indian ocean. This current apparent break didn't just start. It may well have been happening for sometime now -- and by sometime I mean before homo sapiens were around. None the less, it is certainly an interesting phenomenon, the break-up of an ocean crustal plate. But don't expect to see a full-on mid-ocean ridge forming there in your life time or even in that of our species. These things take TIME.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
OMG Continental plate is cracking up..How long it will take to split into 2? Is it going to be a slow process or a fast one which will be like 2012 doom & gloom?

I fear when it breaks it will cause a great Tsunami.. I beleive this is happening due to the Earthe core's Temp has been increasing. This is only speculation.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
This report is the 1st that I've heard of this incredible event but apparently evidence is accumulating that the huge Indo-Australian plate has begun the process of cracking apart into 2 new and distinct plates.

YOU may not have felt it, but the whole world shuddered on 11 April, as Earth's crust began the difficult process of breaking a tectonic plate.

It would seem that 11 April was the starting point of the breakup when ...

... two huge earthquakes ripped through the floor of the Indian Ocean

These earthquakes measured 8.2 and 8.6 and were located off the coast of North Sumatra.

Also, the implication is that because of those 2 earthquakes that may have initiated the plate splitting, that many of the following aftershocks along other faults around the world were triggered as a direct response.

... they triggered large aftershocks on faults the world over, and provided the best evidence yet that the vast Indo-Australian plate is being torn in two.

In my opinion, this is mind-boggling news to digest as I've always thought of the individual continental plates as being relatively stable over millions of years and yet here we have one of the largest plates apparently in the process of breaking apart into 2 individual plates ... not in a million years time but NOW !

I wonder how having 2 smaller plates instead of one huge plate will affect the dynamics and stability of all the other plates around the world ? Surely the realignment and redistribution of stresses must mean that there will be considerably more earthquakes in total and more larger magnitude earthquakes than usual until the entire global plate system restabilizes in a new configuration status and redistributes the stress created by the breakup.

Source
edit on 27/9/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

I was with you until this statement Absolutely nothing supports that at this time

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
I'm just waiting for the "End of the World 21/12/12" faction to jump in and start making claims that THIS is the trigger event they've been prophesizing !

Note: sarcasm above
Ok, I'll bite.

Revelation 16:16-20
:16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

:17 The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, "It is done!"

:18 Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake.

:19 The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

:20 Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Interesting story.

This map lays it out nicely I thought....

If that map and what they are saying is true this looks insane. They are saying half the plate is stuck pushing on the mountains above india and the other half may be breaking off, which would free it to move more easily now that the stalled chunk is less attached.

I have no clue what this would actually do. Does it put extra pressure against the plate to the north and to the east? Also could it mean new islands or a new rift with new magma coming up?

I am assuming this new falt would be a subduction zone and it could cause an accumulation of crust to push up out of the indian ocean but ofcoarse this would most likely not be seen for tens of thousands of years depending on the depth of the water at the point of break up! This could also cause a reversal of the northern part of this plate because of the pressure exerted by the massive mountain range to the north "the Hymalayas". Though this is all just edjucated guesswork cause noone knows for sure the implications of such an event!
edit on 28-9-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: ................

edit on 28-9-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join