It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freewill?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
"Free will" is, as you live, is to overcome and sculpt the world around you!

edit on 26-9-2012 by IdiotSavantSurrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IdiotSavantSurrealist

Perhaps 'Free Choice' is a better term than 'Free Will'?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IdiotSavantSurrealist
"Free will" is overcoming and sculpting the world around you!

Or...another fine example of "Free will", or a personal lack of constraints, is choosing to start a thread with enough substance so as to warrant worthy responses.

So, for now, you're stuck with mine...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

"Free will" is overcoming and sculpting the world around you!

Or...another fine example of "Free will", or a personal lack of constraints, is choosing to start a thread with enough substance so as to warrant worthy responses.

So, for now, you're stuck with mine...

edit on 27-9-2012 by IdiotSavantSurrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Or perhaps it's to combover the world around you.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar

Nope..

Free Will. Where there is a Will, there is a Way, to freedom, which is free will.
Free choice is playing someone else game, not creating your own path.

Free Will is Superior.

This particular Op tends toward that... It's a problem, but it's ok all the same.
edit on 9/27/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by myselfaswell
Or perhaps it's to combover the world around you.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Nope..

Free Will. Where there is a Will, there is a Way, to freedom, which is free will.

Free Will is Superior.

This particular Op tends toward that... It's a problem, but it's ok all the same.

Sorry its really hard for me though!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Nope..

Free Will is Superior.

Where there is a will there is a way? Perhaps to the dreamer. Willing something to happen does not make it so, it does not even open a path to make it so. It is also not free, everything is dependent on circumstance and affected by the decisions of others. No matter what, you will always have a choice, even if you don't like those choices, they are still yours to make.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Dang, y'all...now I wanna play too. Just be glad I didn't whip out the Free Willy vids.

[color=springgreen]You can be the captain
I will draw the chart
Sailing into destiny
Closer to the heart

Or it could all just be Jive Talkin':

[color=springgreen]You're telling me lies,yeah
Nobody believes what you say
It's just your jive talkin'
That gets in the way

edit on 27-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Dude did you just post a rush song? And you didn't post "FREE WILL" by Rush? LOL

"There are those who think that life is nothing left to chance,
A host of holy horrors to direct our aimless dance.

A planet of playthings,
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive.
"The stars aren't aligned
Or the gods are malign"-
Blame is better to give than receive.

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose Free Will. "

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Nope..

Free Will is Superior.

Where there is a will there is a way? Perhaps to the dreamer. Willing something to happen does not make it so, it does not even open a path to make it so. It is also not free, everything is dependent on circumstance and affected by the decisions of others. No matter what, you will always have a choice, even if you don't like those choices, they are still yours to make.

No Choosing and creating are different. You can choose to play monopoly, but the Will is how you do anything in the first place. Will is related to intention, and comes before choice, but when making up your own game, you don't have to choose whats before you.

Actions are your Will by the way. You seem to be thinking will is magic. I'm not a new ager dreamer guy.

"by thy Will be done"

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Nah, that's what led to me to Rush, but I was feeling melodic and I decided to jump topic and do Closer to the Heart. I exercised my free will.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Nah, that's what led to me to Rush, but I was feeling melodic and I decided to jump topic and do Closer to the Heart. I exercised my free will.

You just caused a magick to happen... I call thanatherochrist.

You see how the dominies that fall....If you set them up you can watch them fall(See and be a part of history) knowing where they would land. you put them up...The king of behind the scenes/Annunoki friends! Also friends with the boogiman. The above is what I do' it really works.

Like a droplete of water in the ocean...that creates a 300 foot tital wave ...acrosss the sea.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

You just caused a magick to happen I call thanatherochrist. You see how the dominies that fall....If you set them up you can watch them fall(See and be a part of history behind the scenes.

Like a droplete of water in the ocean...that creates a 300 foot tital wave ...acrosss the sea.

One does what one can do...Ons small drip from the leaky faucet called The Gut, one giant tidal wave for free will.

edit on 27-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
learnmagick.com...

Will

By Learn Magick on November 23, 2010

“We are the ghosts of a war that we have not fought. … Having opened our eyes on a disenchanted world, we are more than any others the children of the absurd. On certain days, the senselessness of the world weighs on us like a deformity. It seems to us that God has died of old age, and we exist without a goal. … We are not embittered; we start from zero. We were born among the ruins. When we were born, the gold was already transmuted into lead.” – Paul van den Bosch.

Many definitions for magick link it intrinsically to Will; for example Aleister Crowley statement that magick is “the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will.” The word magick derives from the Indo-European root magh- “to be able” or “have power” and it is through the Will that we have the power to transform our desires into actions. The Will is the psychic function that bridges the non-physical realms with the physical world.

In The Magician’s Dictionary, E.E. Rehmus writes that the Will is:

“Another word for persistence and maintained attention. Will is one of the two natural human powers for altering reality (the other is imagination). When faced with an insoluble problem or great odds against us, it is the Will alone that leads us through to solution and victory. As the imagination is the power of the mind through understanding and enlightenment, the Will is the way of material action. There is no will without physical effort of some kind exerted over physical phenomena.”

Rehmus goes on to quote Colin Wilson:

“Modern civilization induces an attitude of ‘passivity’. When a Stone Age hunter set out to trap wild animals, he was aware of his will as a living force. When the prehistoric farmer scored the surface of the earth with a crude plough, he knew that his family’s survival through the winter depended on his effort, and his will responded to the challenge. When a modern city dweller walks down a crowded thoroughfare, he feels no sense of challenge or involvement. This city was built by other people; all these shops and offices are owned by other people. He can get through an ordinary day’s work in a state approximating to sleep. Most of his routine tasks are carried out by the ‘robot.’ There is neither the need or the opportunity to use the will.”

This quote from Wilson gives an indication of the necessity of will training for the modern magickian, who lives in an urban environment. Compare it with the quote from Paul van den Bosch at the beginning of this article, which gives an indication of the disconnection that many people in the modern age have with the real world.

Julius Evola offers some clues to the solution:

“… Toynbee has shown that the challenge to mankind of environmentally and spiritually harsh and problematic conditions is often the incentive that awakens the creative energies of civilization. … It is commonplace that all the higher virtues attenuate and atrophy under easy conditions, when man is not forced to prove himself in some way.”

It is necessary to find ways to increase the challenges and problems through which we are able to cultivate our Will. It is not the actual techniques, trials, ordeals, or situations that are important; rather it is the struggle and perhaps even multiple failures which test our perseverance and inner resolve, thereby exercising our Will.

There are many ways to exercise and strengthen the Will. It is beyond the intended scope of this article to detail these, so for now it is left up to the individual to discover techniques to use.

It is important to keep in mind the processes involved in the Willed act. For example, Roberto Assagioli wrote that a Willed act consists of six stages:
1.The Purpose, Aim, or Goal, based on Evaluation, Motivation, and Intention
2.Deliberation
3.Choice and Decision
4.Affirmation: the Command, or “Fiat,” of the Will
5.Planning and Working Out a Program
6.Direction of the Execution

These stages can be brief, or detailed, depending on the complexity of the task required. The purpose or aim is generally fairly obvious when magick is involved, however it is important to be very clear about what the desired outcome should be. Deliberation can be brief or extensive, depending on the complexity of the task. It could involve considerations of various implications of the result, and leading on to the next stage whether the goal is actually what will be best for the magickian. Affirmation involves committing to the decisions and beginning to work plan the magickal act by using existing knowledge or researching what is required. The final stage begins the magickal working itself, undertaking the steps required for the process. This may be a physical ritual or a meditative process (creative visualization), and may require multiple workings rather than a single act. For example performance of a daily ritual for a set period of time, or regular observances of natural cy

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Awesome last post my friend.. Your last few threads have left me wanting more based on the way you speak and your avatar.. High expectations I guess, but that last post...

Do you practice Hermetics?

Because I think you just inspired me to pick it back up and face the darkness I have slowly let sink in. The darkness of not using the Will. I can tell you actually know the Will. I am so glad. I am glad you reminded me.
The magician does everything on purpose, mindfully, actively

You practice your Will by denying your body's/subconscious's wants and desires.. It's one way to do it.. For instance I'm mega sleepy, but since I have nothing to do tomorrow I have just decided to stay awake until 11:00PM tomorrow night. (I'm not young enough for that to be easy anymore). See just how lazy and weak willed I have become.

oohh.. You win this round haha.
I had a Gut feeling you'd say that.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You sir, or madam are a fraud. A simple search on Mr Google is sufficient to reveal that.

Be gone foul beast.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by myselfaswell

You sir, or madam are a fraud. A simple search on Mr Google is sufficient to reveal that.

Be gone foul beast.

Why am I foul beast? You GOT me wrong. lol

Probly what Jesus was called before "they" crucified him.

He also said he will come back with a sorwd.....toung is the sword..

There needs to be more mystics/magi's

I'm a mystic.magi'
If you come at me....expect the heavens to awaken

I am part of this universes and am one with the divine...I align my soul to GOD. In hermetics and the golden dawn teaches you how to be a mystic. Thats what I realy am is a mystic. I only use white majic...

edit on 28-9-2012 by IdiotSavantSurrealist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join