It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our views or do's of life now, will determine our outcome of the afterlife later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Maybe this topic should of been posted in off-topic....Since all the good things in life seem to be ignored.

It makes obvious sense that we as humans have the ability to determine our life outcome, but I am sure we could determine on how we want our afterlife experience to be like. To break it down simple if one chooses to view or dew things in a good positive fashion, then one could be enlightened. If one chooses to view or do life in a horrible negative fashion, then one could be frightened. Which is why there is a place called hell, but it is your hell, and the hell you will forever recognize. This is more of a personnel observation, but from what I know is that the mind has capabilities that we are unaware about. If you reminisce about all the good things you seen or did in life, then couldn't that become something compared to a heaven? This has nothing to do with religion, but a basic understanding on how life works in general. So if hell is not an option for you, then I would suggest to start treating others as you would like to be treated, and the outcome of your afterlife will be dictated on what you've seen or done whether it be good or bad, the choice is up to you.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Cool post.

I agree with the premise, life as a human on Earth can be heaven or it can be hell. Most often it is a mixture of both, which makes it great in my opinion.

But what of the people that are born into hell? A child with abusive parents, a child with no parents at all and a society of opportunists that take advantage. A five year old that dies of cancer.

Or what of the people that are born into heaven? The child with the billionaire father, eating top notch meals regularly.

It is these types of questions that make me yearn for reincarnation. Some justification for the seeming injustices of the world we see.

As a young man in America, I see the dichotomy. I can choose to work hard and become rich, raise a family, and exist in paradise. Or, I can choose to commit crimes and exist in jail.

Tough question. For those in advanced society, I'd say your proposition is largely correct. But, there exists many situations where circumstance is the primary factor in whether a person prospers or suffers.
edit on 9/26/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

But what of the people that are born into hell? A child with abusive parents, a child with no parents at all and a society of opportunists that take advantage. A five year old that dies of cancer.

Or what of the people that are born into heaven? The child with the billionaire father, eating top notch meals regularly.

I can't answer for others, but bad things happen that can be misfortunate. I think individually it is up to us to make things better or to make things worse. I'm sure every human is capable of reminiscing about a moment in their lifetime where it was the best time of their life whether it was before or after the fact.

edit on 26-9-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I guess you're right on that. A person born into adversity has the ability to see it in a positive way. But life is more difficult for some, that is for certain. That is what keeps me reserved when speaking of how a person can choose their destiny.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I think that you make your own heaven or hell too. But, once you are dead......that's it. My heaven and hell is right now, and of my choosing, not after I am dead and gone.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I think that you make your own heaven or hell too. But, once you are dead......that's it.

Yeah its called good and bad, and in our spiritual terms we like to think of it as our heaven or hell. It's more of a guideline on getting your act together or its going to be hell...We may be dead in others peoples eyes, but in our eyes we may be pretty much alive afterwards just depends if its heavenly or hellish.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Your lack of knowledge on the spirit and afterlife would indeed cause you to believe there is nothing after the snuffing of the physical layer.
All esoteric teachings, ancient cultures and religions would say otherwise; the etheric continues after the singularity and can be controlled to find its next destination or incarnation point in any space and time.
But it takes awareness, discipline and unearthly determination to become aware of this, not something many of us would be capable to do in this age, the age of Kali.
edit on 27-9-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Much of what you are saying is tied to our interactions with others. There are only two things that a person can do in this life that is their own. 1) Think 2) Move. The two thing s that we do compare to the billions of things that are done for us. Our hair grows, our eyes see, the planet moves; none of which we do ourselves. The universe is produced for us to allow us to do two things. From birth to death, we develop relationships from Cohesion, Adhesion, Attraction and Repulsion.

The verses below are a parable of these four relationships in movement and thought. Within the parable, we find the natural laws that guide what you are saying in your OP.

Matthew 18

15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

Listen to the context around these verses and learn more on how to manage what is bound in heaven while here in the material world. Audio

edit on 27-9-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

join