It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: Muslim Protests Have Nothing To Do With A Youtube Video?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ben Swann is back with a Reality Check about the recent YouTube sensation The Innocence of Muslims, [not so] new international laws banning Hate Speech, what were these protests really are about, the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, asks why isn't the Benghazi US consulate listed on the US Gov't website, and more!

Also, he calls CNN out on some BS! Subscribe to this YouTube page if you aren't already!

edit on 26-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I heard the muslimsw were ticked about all the drone strike collateral damage. Ie, dead civilians.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Good find

The video nicely pulls together a variety ATS threads!

Based on this CNN video uploaded to youtube back in 2009 it would appear that the US constitution would be overridden

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I think EVERYONE knew this wasn't about a YouTube video, except President Obama, and the lamestream Media.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe most folks here but the average Joe probably believes a YouTube video started the fire.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Are you talking about this situation with Pakistan ?

27 people have died in U.S. drone attacks on Pakistan. U.S. officials are now saying a drone strike yesterday over Pakistan's tribal areas was to target al-Qaida's second in command, Abu Yahia al-Libi, although they were unsure whether he was hit.

Islamabad demands an end to the attacks as a condition to re-opening its northern border to NATO supply vehicles. But the unmanned strikes continue, the latest on North and South Waziristan.

Here's the link to the radio interview ;
www.cbc.ca...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I don't know about that. People are getting wise, to the BS.........

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

reply to post by Swills

I don't think everyone knew..only the members here and the general population with half a brain...the rest not so much unfortunately!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree that a lot of people, myself included, are able to more easily see through the BS but there are a lot of uninformed folks out there but those numbers are falling day by day.

So let's all thank Ben Swann for doing his part in informing a population who needs the facts!

edit on 26-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well, if your talking about people who are going to vote for idiots, this election, I will agree with you...........

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

A vote for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson is a vote for ... UGH!

I hate politics, more so than ever now that Ron Paul is gone.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I hear ya.

My vote?

Gary Johnson.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I posted a thread a few days ago somewhat relating to this. Apparently the attack on the consulate was organized by a radical militant group rather than the actual protesters.
Link to thread
I've seen the film and personally I have a hard time believing anyone would find it worthy of protesting. There's alot more going on in the middle east right now than meets the eye.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

The attack on the consulate was a terrorist attack. I knew it was as soon as I read about it and kept reading about it long before the Whitehouse finally admitted to it. But once they did the damage was done and seeds of lies were sown. And people say America doesn't have state run media

Gary Johnson 2012 or literally bust.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

At least eight women have died in a Nato air strike in Afghanistan's eastern province of Laghman :
source

US-led airstrike in the eastern province of Laghman targeted civilians :
source

The so called "movie" that no one watched, was pulled out of the closet
for 'Damage-Control' purposes.

The real issues need to be addressed for there to be any
peace, u.s. needs to stop the denial and come clean.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The only thing you can believe on CNN is the weather, and even then i'd go with a local station over them.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Here's the real irony. Long before I would implicate an obscure YouTube video as the spark of the dissatisfaction across the region, I would've looked to the Democratic convention and their relentless gloating over the Osama bin Laden kill.

Has anyone thought about that? Does anyone think THAT didn't piss some people off over there?

Doesn't sound very statesman like does it?

And it wasn't just Biden at the convention, it was nearly every speaker...

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to the outcome of getting Osama. But listen carefully to how we broadcasted to the entire globe with unfettered glee the accomplishment. Frankly, we converted something of justice into something approximating revenge. If many Americans could hear that and feel that it was off color, what do you think a lot of Muslims thought?

I'm also pretty sure that given the chance Republicans would've done the same thing, which makes the point that generally we are colossally stupid on this issue.

Now comes this United Nations initiative against hate speech. Makes me wonder if what we heard at the Democratic Convention would qualify?

I guess the point is be very careful what you wish for...and... people who live in glass houses...and all.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I just saw this video in another thread and it also kind of makes the same point...

Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Are they actually cheering for Joe Biden? They had signs in support of him?? Where the hell is my country gone!! I want it back!!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
but but..... but... Obama said it was because of a video that was made 4 months ago.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join