It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In U.N. Speech, Assange Demands U.S. End Persecution of WikiLeaks and Bradley Manning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

Originally posted by mobiusmale

Rape is rape.

Excuse me?
You are saying having sex with a willing, friendly participant and a condom splitting is brutal and violent forced penetration, humiliation and terrorisation of a total stranger?
Rape is rape? WTF?!

No...I am not saying any of those things. In two cases, with two separate women, he is accused of sexual misconduct, including one count of rape (under Swedish law):

News reports filed yesterday by English papers like The Guardian, however, made me wonder what really happened on the nights in question. A spokesperson for Swedish authorities told the court that Assange was wanted in connection with four allegations:
1. That the first complainant, Miss A, was the victim of "unlawful coercion" on the night of August 14, and that he used his body weight to hold her down in a sexual manner.
2. That Assange "sexually molested" Miss A by having sex with her without a condom when it was her wish to use one.
3. That Assange "deliberately molested" Miss A on August 18 "in a way designed to violate her sexual integrity."
4. That Assange had sex with Miss W on August 17 without using a condom while she was asleep.

www.marieclaire.com...

Is any of it true? I don't know obviously. All we know for sure is the allegations were made, the investigation is open, and Assange is wanted for further questioning in connection with the allegations.

He was legally extradited from Britain to Sweden to undergo the questioning...but he instead broke the conditions of his bail to seek asylum.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why is this narcissist addressing the United Nations? Nutjobs like Ahmadinejad get a stage because they're national leaders, but what is this guy's claim?

And, Mr. Assange, "prosecution" is not "persecution" -- Sweden wants you to determine if you should be prosecuted, not because they are persecuting you.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by projectvxn

I never said he did steal them, but by releasing them to the public that makes him just as culpable as the one who did steal them.

No it doesn't. Publishing classified material is NOT against the law.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Why is this narcissist addressing the United Nations? Nutjobs like Ahmadinejad get a stage because they're national leaders, but what is this guy's claim?

He's God. And we should bow down and do as he says. And if female, go to bed with him. Because that's what ALL women want.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What the hell are you on about? In case you haven't noticed WL is releasing them continously. And what hasn't been released in your opinion then? Sources too.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I hate the world leaders labels us with the agendas of the fed gov. Gives being an american a bad name.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

edit on 27-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Bradley Manning stile those secrets and he should be exactly where he is.

So the man exposes war crimes, murder and torture by the US military.. He has been detained without trial and tortured..and you think he should be there. You are a defender of the Fourth Estate! I prefer to be a defender of free speech and transparency of government. Look at what happened over the last century. Do you what a repeat of it...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

The speech was good although he was a little jittery. It is laughable that the US government nows say that it welcomes the Arab Spring. Shame they did not at the time. Western News blackout of Syria for two weeks before it went mainstream. The US refused to denounce Murabeck until the very last minute. Heck they had even worked with the Egyptian police force with torture techniques and sold them the nerve gas that was used on protesters.. It is a disgrace to those that died in the struggles of the Arab spring that the US take any credit for it. Quit the opposite they are complicit in crimes..

Heck if they supported the Arab Spring so much why havnt they given Mannings and Assange medals each

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

The US Government says to everyone, Freedom of Speech for me but not for thee.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The reason the U.S is intent on getting their hands upon Julian Assange is because he and Bradley Manning exposed to the world, the United States's blatant war crimes in Afghanistan and Iraq. Their devious wrong doings and hypocrisy.

The U.S has been hugely embarrassed and has a lot of egg on it's face and is now hell bent on making sure such a thing doesn't happen again. I see the sexual allegations as being an attempt to discredit Assange, and because of Bradley Manning's subsequent treament by U.S authorities I cannot blame him for taking refuge in the Ecuadorean embassay.

Manning and Assange have exposed henious crimes and wrong doings. Their persecution is an attempt to make sure that future shady conduct and activities are not reported upon for fear of being "disappeared" or detained indefinitely.

Honestly if Martin Luther King and Malcolm X were alive today they would sad to say, be rotting in Guantanamo Bay and be called enemies of the state.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
most of us don't believe much of what our governments tell us. for good reason. because we're not stupid and they are clearly corrupt. assange exposes the corruption by publishing it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

this has happened for far too long in our precious world, assange (whether you like him or not) is exposing injustice and lies. and has been persecuted for doing the right thing. good for assange, i applaud him.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Bradley Manning stile those secrets and he should be exactly where he is.

So the man exposes war crimes, murder and torture by the US military.. He has been detained without trial and tortured..and you think he should be there. You are a defender of the Fourth Estate! I prefer to be a defender of free speech and transparency of government. Look at what happened over the last century. Do you what a repeat of it...

Bradley Manning is a member of The United States Army. He is subject to UCMJ. What evidence do you have that he has been tortured?
edit on 27-9-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The UN special rapporteur on torture has formally accused the US government of cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment towards Bradley Manning, the US soldier who was held in solitary confinement for almost a year on suspicion of being the WikiLeaks source.

Mendez, who runs the UN office that investigates incidents of alleged torture around the world, told the Guardian: "I conclude that the 11 months under conditions of solitary confinement (regardless of the name given to his regime by the prison authorities) constitutes at a minimum cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment in violation of article 16 of the convention against torture. If the effects in regards to pain and suffering inflicted on Manning were more severe, they could constitute torture."

Source
UN Report
edit on 27-9-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A lot of speculation and few facts. This may help establish a frame work.

www.democracynow.org...

A point I was unaware of, but certainly rules in favor of Mr Assange .

"You have to remember, of course, that when the allegations came up, he remained in Sweden for more than a month and a half to answer the allegations and to provide answers to the questions of the police. He left the country with the prosecutor’s permission. "

The crap storm IMO is being instigated by the U.S.Government. They were caught red handed with their hand in the cookie jar. The poor babies don't like admitting the alleged good guys killer over 100.000+ non combatants in Afghanistan alone. That is a lot of dead men women and children.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Please take the time to read an article titled: Naomi Wolf: Eight Big Problems With The Case Against Assange. It is dated August 23 2012 and can be found on the internet - I found it on disclose tv

The article is very enlightening with regard to rape investigations in Sweden and how the rape investigation involving Julian Assange has been conducted. I do not support rape in any way and would not support Julian Assange for even a heartbeat if I thought he had participated in a sexual crime.

There have been articles depicting the two women as CIA operatives as well as news broadcasts where Julian Assange himself stated that the woman did not complain and stayed in his company for some time after the sex. This is not the behaviour of a rape victim. I note that the rape allegations have actually faded from the media - reason being there is no case to answer.

Julian Assange is true to his beliefs and that alone is to be admired. How many people in day to day regular life stay true to their beliefs let alone with the world watching. He is a hero and so are those who are enmeshed in his journey.

Much Peace...
edit on 27-9-2012 by Amanda5 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Bradley Manning took an oath and signed an NDA. He violated both and severely hurt US relations around the world as well as hampering operations that were active when he released the information to Wikileaks. He should be prosecuted and jailed for the maximum amount of time possible.

Wikileaks itself should be left alone as well as Julian Assuage. Publishing classified material is not a crime unless you are the caretaker of that information as Manning was.
As a veteran who "noticed things going wrong" while enlisted, I disagree with your statement on Bradley Manning.

There is a difference between DUTY and BRAINWASHING.
Sometimes it's okay to open your mouth, even if you catch a bullet with your gullet.
ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY.
Because real friends tell the truth.

I understand the need for secrecy when it comes to LEGAL operations and defensive systems. But not when our constitution is being used for asswipe and our veterans are used for fertilizer.
Sorry.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by mobiusmale

Please take the time to read an article titled: Naomi Wolf: Eight Big Problems With The Case Against Assange. It is dated August 23 2012 and can be found on the internet - I found it on disclose tv

I have seen this before actually. Based on this thinking, Mr. Assange should have no problem at all in beating the charges, if they are ever brought against him. So, what is he so afraid of (and, um, I don't buy in the whole Sweden will send him to America rap - Britain could just as easily dispatch him)....this raises my personal level of suspicion against him, does not lower it.

The article is very enlightening with regard to rape investigations in Sweden and how the rape investigation involving Julian Assange has been conducted. I do not support rape in any way and would not support Julian Assange for even a heartbeat if I thought he had participated in a sexual crime.

And so, just why is it that you don't believe he participated in a sex crime? Simply because he denies it? If so, I would have to say that this is just about the universal reaction all sexual offenders have when first confronted.

There have been articles depicting the two women as CIA operatives as well as news broadcasts where Julian Assange himself stated that the woman did not complain and stayed in his company for some time after the sex. This is not the behaviour of a rape victim. I note that the rape allegations have actually faded from the media - reason being there is no case to answer.

Then...he ought to just go, answer their silly questions, and be done with it...if there is no case to answer.

CIA operatives...please.

Julian Assange is true to his beliefs and that alone is to be admired. How many people in day to day regular life stay true to their beliefs let alone with the world watching. He is a hero and so are those who are enmeshed in his journey.

Hero to some...self-serving buffoon to others. I suspect we are going to reside on different sides of this particular fence.

Peace to you as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Look. At the end of the day our goverments know every little detail of our lives.

Why aren`t we allowed to know the lies and secrets they they hold ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join