It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in your opinion is the personality profile of a citizen spy sellout?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What in your opinion is the personality profile of a typical dhs/citizen corps/infragard/etc spy sellout?

"Just doing my job, nothing personal" type?

The whole voyeurism powertrip Type.

I have to void the constitution to feed my kids and pay the bills.

The "if I play ball with the system they will spare me...because I am important to them...i think" type?

Official story appeal to authority brainwashed conservative?

Maybe the "I was a loser back then....but now with these unconstitutional powers I am a GOD!"

What do you think is the ideal personality profile for hiring servile surveillance minions in dhs,citizen corps,infragard etc?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This guy or girl. They have been spying on us all here on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The most descriptive term for them is "Uriah Heep," -- Dickens' character of that name was the classic character portrait, and it used to be used generally to describe these slugs. These days, I don't think enough people read Dickens to recognize the reference.

Remember all the old movies (particularly the war movies)- always had at least one of them.

Unfortunately, as you pointed out, they've developed a cheap moral veneer to justify their cowardly and obsequious behavior.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
What in your opinion is the personality profile of a typical dhs/citizen corps/infragard/etc spy sellout?

"Just doing my job, nothing personal" type?

The whole voyeurism powertrip Type.

I have to void the constitution to feed my kids and pay the bills.

The "if I play ball with the system they will spare me...because I am important to them...i think" type?

Official story appeal to authority brainwashed conservative?

Maybe the "I was a loser back then....but now with these unconstitutional powers I am a GOD!"

What do you think is the ideal personality profile for hiring servile surveillance minions in dhs,citizen corps,infragard etc?

Malignant Narcissism. Unless yellow bellied cowardice is now a mental disorder.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think the first thing to do is make sure we're clear about terms like sell-out and what that means exactly for what someone is doing. Am I a sell out? I took training to be a certified member of the Trucker Security program twice at two different companies I worked for. I had my little card with my ID number if I actually called and everything. It's called First Observer these days but it's been under a couple different names since 9/11..

Trucking 'First Observer' Program

That's a little piece about how it's run today and it's a good program. Nothing nefarious and for all the hype and hours spent watching their training material....I didn't get the impression it worked all that much better or was any more effective than just calling 911 like truckers have always done when seeing something out of place or a drunk..whatever the case is. It was a waste of money all around when thought about that way and still is.

I've heard other things about Infraguard, but then someone I know who is a part of that whole thing tells me he only wishes he had half the ability the rumors tossed around would credit him with. It sounded like a hyped-up version of First Observer when I heard it explained.. who knows for sure on that though, I can only say 100% on the commercial vehicle end I was a member of.

....based on that? I'd hate someone to even think, let alone go and suggest I was some kind of sell out.. Sheesh... Is being an observant citizen now a negative thing? There is the problem...where is the line I guess.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

* Excellent team player, but able to work on their own initiative.
* Computer literate.
* 'Driven' (whatever the f*ck that's supposed to mean)
* Experience of using Word and Excel
* Excellent communication skills
* Prepared to work 50 hours a week for peanuts. Or nothing, if you really are that desperate.
* Bootlicker who always says 'yes'.

edit on 26-9-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
there is no set personality type for them... they're as varied as those who spy on their fellow citizens ... just as the reasons they spy on them are varied... money.. positionm.. hate.. fear... paranoia... patriotism...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Someone who wants to be rewarded with little regard for who they are turning in.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Someone who needs MONEY or has a Secret to hide! This makes a Traitor!
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012

Seriously?!?!

I literally fell to the floor full of laughs after I seen this.

What is it, exactly, that makes you think I've been spying?? I suppose that if I don't contribute to the forums as much as I prefer to read them, then I must be a spy.

You and your paranoia, are pathetic.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gurudsmer

Seriously?!?!

What is it, exactly, that makes you think I've been spying?? I suppose that if I don't contribute to the forums as much as I prefer to read them, then I must be a spy.

Any member of ATS who clicks that link will see their own name come up.

Good joke actually.

I wonder how they did that?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

In my opinion, the personality type of the "informer" ( A term I'll use because of my Irish heritage and because it, for me, cuts to the real core of the matter ) is very much secondary to situation and circumstance. It's the environment more than the person that comes into focus here.

Currently we have an atmosphere of fear, tension, and division along class and religious lines. So the informers today are most likely going to be hyper patriotic types, bigots, xenophobes, and the misinformed. Or any combination of the above.

For example: I'm an average looking white male in a middle classed neighborhood who dresses casually and is generally considered to be approachable. I could probably build a nuke in my front yard and not only would the neighbors not report me as suspicious... they'd likely come by, engage me, and possibly even offer to help me. Unless one happened to be an expert who could recognize a nuke on sight, I'd be pretty much safe from report.

But if I were an Arab American? Well I really do feel sorry for these people because I am sure Homeland security probably gets calls that turn out to be nothing more than an Arab American taking out their trash after dark.

But the world is changing, and as it does, the profile of the informer will change as well.

If the economy continues to decline, then more and more often the incentive will become money. People will want rewards and will only tend to inform where rewards are involved. The patriotic and fear based motives will be less of an issue.

Also, as militarization increases, another motive will become security. Like informers in the ghettos of WW2 it will become a temptation to inform on your own neighbor - possibly for an extra ration of bread, or for a bit more "freedom" of movement... maybe as a means of getting the cops to overlook the little side business you've created selling contraband. That sort of thing.

Deeming any of the above as "sell outs" is a moral step I am not willing to take. For instance, if I had a wife, and she were to get ill and the only way for me to get medical help to her was to inform on my neighbor over some minor crime? Would I let my wife die for my principles or would I sacrifice my principles to save a life?

A conundrum I earnestly hope I do not find myself facing. Ever.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Seriously?!?!

Good joke actually.

Ah man.....he got me good!! LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Most of the young so called professionals i work with would sell their family for cash. I've seen them cause problems to get a seat by the windows then tell the person the tried to shaft that it was nothing personal. Then the woman ran into the guy at Wal Mart and had him charger with assault for touching her. He's gone she's a legend

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Are we talking shill sellout? Or someone who is actually good at it? There is a difference.

Basically its anyone who believes they have more to gain by doing so than if they didn't. Most of it is self preservation at the very least. Though you will have some cruel infiltrators that push malice intent.

First and foremost you have to be able to abandon your principals as a human being before you can sign up for the Junior Woodchuck Badge.

All the other crap that comes with it is what happens after you give up your moral standing to sell out another human life. Slippery slope...and anyone can do it...they just have to have a need that outweighs their fellow mans.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Seriously?!?!

Good joke actually.

Yeah, i was like HUH?...

I'm curious too, as to how they did that.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

* Excellent team player, but able to work on their own initiative.
* Computer literate.
* 'Driven' (whatever the f*ck that's supposed to mean)
* Experience of using Word and Excel
* Excellent communication skills
* Prepared to work 50 hours a week for peanuts. Or nothing, if you really are that desperate.
* Bootlicker who always says 'yes'.

Star for you friend.

I will just say its dam bad when one cant tell the diff between cream rising or surface scum.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Id say they are idiots (not all of them). They make people into terrorists by provoking them into attacking and hurting people, when they themselves are the actual aggressors. But really they are just people/souls for the harvest. They give them their little card, and some BS power to see how they will treat people and what they will do (9 out of 10 times the power corrupts them).There is then made a notation of how they handled their limited power in the short time they were given it and will ultimately consume them over the people practicing the word of the Lord. Most of these people have taken God out of it and say the "simple" people dont understand, but I think they are too smart for their own britches as my mom would say and they are just helping to mark themselves. Some of em are cool though. When they wake up, the test doesnt end, they are just led to believe that it does.

new topics

top topics

join