It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's 47 Percent Remark Hurts Him In Swing States

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Your argument makes no logical sense. So he donates money to get around taxes…..hes still out 4 million dollars weather it goes to taxes or charitable donations. Would you rather see 4 million dollars go to the government or to a charity that knows how to pinch every penny it gets?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by camaro68ss

Keep on spewing the left wing propaganda talking points that divides this nation. Know the left wing derives its power from the ignorance of its followers. they trust you dont have the brain power to think for yourself. Prove them wrong....

Not left and I support Ron Paul...neither of these nominees are my nominee. The world will go to hell in a hand basket because morons that buy the left right BS like retards when they are both cut from the same cloth. They're all out for themselves, but because morons being able to vote we will never get rid of the retards on the left or right. I think that Russia is looking pretty good right now.

God save us.

ETA Only a soulless bastard would tie a dog to a roof of the car and drive to Canada like that...
edit on 27-9-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

Only souless bastards would eat dogs like obama.

Im sorry i called you a lefty, i asumed you were a obama supporter

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No, Obama is just as much an a$$tard every bit as much if not more because of Obamacare.

And yes they're both soulless, mindless guttersnipes.
IMHO.

The fact is they create the divide between pol parties, races, ethnicities, etc etc and all the land falls into the trap and it sickens me. What we need to do is wake up. Neither of them are worthy of that type of power. I don't agree with Ron Paul on every single issue but he is a lot smarter and more logical and more realistic than the other two put together.
I think that there needs to be an audit done on the Fed and that government should not have to borrow their money from a private bank, they should be the only one with the right to print money. Usury is a hell of a thing.
edit on 27-9-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

People like Mitt are hypocrites with their bible bullcrap. Even if Jesus was the real deal, i very much doubt, mitt is what he wanted to see for the future of humankind

His attitude. Well half of America population are spongers ( surviving because of government) only lazy people vote for the black man that's what he is saying really. There is those racist overtones in his beliefs ( don't forget he is a Mormon follower)

What about the other half they not get Government assistance? Romney lives in a dream world. Both sides of the divide receive aid and assistance from government. That 47% figure clearly a sign of how out of touch he is with the rest of America. The poor on the republican side tend to be more more easily lead than the poor who would vote for democrats. Honestly do you really believe a billionaire has the interests of the poor at heart? If he truly was a kind man and honest and caring. His actions in life would show this be the case. But we find the opposite with him.

Why does he refuse to show his own tax returns prior to 2010. Is these kind of behavior acceptable from a US nominee?

edit on Thu Sep 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

Originally posted by P12SOLD
Well half of America population are spongers ( surviving because of government) only lazy people vote for the black man that's what he is saying really. There is those racist overtones in his beliefs ( don't forget he is a Mormon follower)

Exactly. And you know what makes this SO outrageous? Oprah Winfrey. Warren Buffet. Bill Gates. David Letterman. Barbra Streisand. Beyonce and Jay-Z. They (and most of Hollywood and New York City) support Barack Obama. So, Mitt thinking that the only people who support Obama are the poor, lazy people who mooch off the government is too stupid for words!

Meet Obama's Biggest Billionaires

Marc Benioff
Marc Lasry
Penny Pritzker
Thomas Steyer

As well as the Forbes 400 rich list members fundraising for Obama, the president is relying on a small handful of well-connected Hollywood and New York players including Oscar-winning producer Harvey Weinstein, Vogue editor and Forbes Power Woman Anna Wintour and Dreamworks honcho Jeffrey Katzenberg.

Why does he refuse to show his own tax returns prior to 2010. Is these kind of behavior acceptable from a US nominee?

My guess? He suffered MUCH less than most when the recession struck in 2008. And he did so by manipulating his taxes for those years. But that's just a guess...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I really don't think Romney has much of chance, even before 47% remark but I don't think it will affect his votes. Those who are offended by the comment would never have voted for Romney and his supporters think the comment is true. It's all bread and circuses anyway.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

haha you dont save money donating to a charity. if your so bright then, please tell me how donating 4 million dollars gives you a overall net gain? it doesnt.... you donate 4 million, your able to write off 4 million in taxes. so over all your out 4 million ( because of the donation). now if you dont donate 4 million then you cant write off 4 million so your taxes will be a positive 4 million. so you will still be out 4 million but its just going to taxes.

you dont save money when you donate it, your still out 4 million if it goes to the charity or the government.

your obviously not that bright because you dont know what your talking about.

god its so hard to teach logic these days. People are so droned out by the MSM.
edit on 27-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I explain it to you easily. i'm busy today so i am rushing this post so excuse any errors or spelling mistakes.

Billionaires often donate to charitable places well to avoid paying taxes to Government. They will donate and call it charity, but they than go and reclaim it back ( the tax) The more they give away the less tax they have to pay. But like i said there it laws which allow them to claim it back. Its an avoidance of paying the right amount.

In regards to Romney his so called charity was the Mormon church. How actually that can be viewed as charity only he knows that.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

its a debt and credit system

debt 4 million to charity, credit 4 million in taxes.

your still out 4 million

do you think they should not be alowed to write off charity donations?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Okay not to derail the thread or anything but I didn't leave a quote in my last reply on this thread wth happened? I just looked ten minutes ago and there was no quote now I am getting warnings and it says a quote have been removed. WTH? Ok time to go back to bed....Maybe I hit quote instead of reply but I swear ten minutes before my warning I was just here and didn't see any quote in my reply either someone is playing a game or I did slip into an alternate reality after repeating an hour today.:/

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There are A LOT of registered voters who are poor in the United States...and they are not voting for Romney...for obvious reasons.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Being rather liberal, I might have ressentiments against reps. Not only that, but often even some sort of negative "bad republican" stereotype in my head where I, on the other hand, know that such stereotypes are often hardly accurate in "real life".

But if anything, Romney comes as close to this bad stereotype as it even gets and the 47% comment just proved this.

* Rich elitist
* Detached from real people and their problems
* Doesn't care for the under-"privileged"
* Not the smartest in the house

It isn't as terrifying that he actually said what he said, it is more terrifying to me that some people only "woke up" or changed their mind after they saw the video. And the other terrifying thing is how such people even get into the position for a presidential candidate in the first place...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Its Done

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i thought having unlimited wives would be a plus in swing states.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

haha you dont save money donating to a charity. if your so bright then, please tell me how donating 4 million dollars gives you a overall net gain? it doesnt....

It does, and is one of the basic understandings of deductable charity.

Buy a house at a steal, give it to charity at full value price.

For instance, a house value is at 100k, you buy it at 50k for whatever reason, then immediately turn it out for value price, saving 50k on your taxes.

This is the most basic understanding of charitable deduction tax avoidance..and its perfectly legal. You don't have to be a billionare to understand how tax avoidance works, just do a touch of research on the subject.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

do you think they should not be alowed to write off charity donations?

I personally think they need to change the word charity to asset transition or something.
Charity doesn't get refunded..charity is giving a dollar to the homeless guy on the street, or an anonymous check to a organization..

I have no issues with Mittens being stupid rich..however, its fair gain to see if he at least admits to playing the system. At least then the man can stand on authority saying he knows how to sort taxes out to make sure the rich are paying their share without raising taxes....but he pretends nothing is wrong or dodgy with it..making him seem like he is protecting scamming the system.

If I want a good security system, I would hire a successful admitted thief whom was wanting to turn over a new leaf. He knows flaws.
Likewise, Rmoney could turn his corrupt tax practices into a advantage if he did similar..but he isn't trying to turn over a new leaf, he is trying to solidify protection of those whom scam the system. He needs to fire his campaign staff and get common folk to create his message for the masses..but he won't, because he is not meant to win anyhow.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Here is the bottom line...Romney's own words destroyed his campaign....Ads like this that require no spin...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

you dont save money when you donate it, your still out 4 million if it goes to the charity or the government.

your obviously not that bright because you dont know what your talking about.

god its so hard to teach logic these days. People are so droned out by the MSM.
edit on 27-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

It's hard to teach logic that is based on Rush Limbaugh's junky style of political fantasy. Some are droned out on AM talk radio conservatives like Rush, Sean, Levin, ORilley, Coulter, Ingraham, Miller, Beck, Medved, Boortz, Prager, Hewitt and my favorite drone Michael Savage.

That's not logic; that's ideology.

BTW before you go off on calling me a Obama supporter like you have so many others; I'm a registered Republican and can still tell the difference between BS ideological propaganda and intellectual discussion.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense, rational discussion, and exchange of ideas.
The world is not black and white, Democrat or GOP, Liberal or conservative. There are shades of Gray and a middle path.

edit on 27-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Only souless bastards would eat dogs like obama.

Do you have proof of Obama eating dogs? Because I would love to see it.

If you don't have proof then you should keep your OPINION to yourself.

S+F OP. I think even some people who were thinking about voting for Romney changed their minds after that video came out. I already didn't like the guy but that comment just cemented it for me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join