It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little bit of whats going on in space exploration from an insider.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by oneness86
reply to post by SpearMint

we weren't exactly going to harvest it, we were going there to sample it and see if it was going to be worth our while to pursue it

In your OP you said harvest.

your right i made a mistake, i dont know if they were going to sample it there or bring some back i have no idea

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sostratus

Good job.

Free piston = piston-less? Not exactly. It's a heat engine (with a piston) driving an electrical generator.
But it isn't a propulsion system.

edit on 9/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Look up engines with ion drives..im sure they have to be piston less..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I actually believe you. I also believe she was trying to impress you.
Way to go studdly.

ATS dooode SCORES!!! (And at a bar)

That's how we roll homey!

Did she show you any pics of the gathering mechanism to collect the methane and return it home?

THAT would be cool!

Do I detect any sarcasm? No, No I don't.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dang Phage your quick - you nailed it while I was editing my post - No Propulsion

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I got to stop drinking when I play pool.

Seems I get carried away.

Sorry bro.. Just wanted to impress you.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

errr... he said she was hot...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

If you were telling the truth, you are now dead or incarcerated. It seems much more likely that you were trolling for information. What kind of information, I do not know.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

im neither dead or incarcerated i assure you. this story really did happen. She didnt seem to think what she was telling me was some big secret so idk...just take it for what it is

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why not!?! I have heard some crazy stuff in my life that turned out to be true.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

exactly, i thought someone was playing a joke on me at first. it almost seemed to cool to be true but i seen it with my own eyes.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You could have well just got this lady fired, it wouldn't take Lockheed long to work out who this was off this information. It's her own fault though I suppose, she should have kept her trap shut.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
She just wanted to show you her iPad....or perhaps get laid too

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Something just doesnt sound right...

"She whipped out her ipad and started opening numerous emails and documents with her name on them that clearly were related to Lockheed Martin."

And she shared information I am sure should be not spread around like that.

I smell something fishy- like an agent or professional BS artist. I'd watch myself if I were you.
edit on 28-9-2012 by wylekat because: grammtically correct, now

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yea, it's about life on Europa, probably.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
In some later conversations, she stated that she wasn't even sure if the mission was still going to take place. She said that it had something to do with the latest trip to Mars, she really didnt go into specifics. She then said that if it didn't take place they were going to use it as a comet hopper of some sort.

I wonder if there is anything that we can research about the trip to Mars that may not be fully publicly known? For example, she mentioned that it had something to do with the latest trip to Mars. Considering the fact that it takes years to prepare for a space trip, especially the trip to Mars, it is obvious that the Mars trip was taken into account when the trip to the moon she was speaking about was being planned.

It can thus be concluded that something happened on the Mars trip that has changed circumstances and diverted the focus of certain space agencies.

Just a thought

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All seem credible and plausible...until I reached
piston-less engine

and oh yeah, harvesting methane from Jupiter

here your Methane, no need to go to Jupiter. Its more than enough to kill us all.

Originally thought to occur only in the outer regions of the Solar System where temperatures are low and water ice is common, significant deposits of methane clathrate have been found under sediments on the ocean floors of Earth The worldwide amounts of carbon bound in gas hydrates is conservatively estimated to total twice the amount of carbon to be found in all known fossil fuels on Earth.

edit on 30-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

I know its crazy but thats how she referred to it as pistonless. if i didnt hear and see it with my own eyes id say id have my doubts also

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well surely you got her name and number; so ask her out, get her hammered and pump her for more information.
Then report back.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The Juno spacecraft is on its way to Jupiter. It was built by Lockheed.

There are probably ion engines in development. The story sounds plausible. Scientific projects are not classified, and the OP's lady didn't reveal any confidential contents other than the fact that she worked for Lockheed, which in most cases is not improper to reveal.
edit on 30-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join