It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

188 day EQ cycle proven by today's 6.9 Alaskan quake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, I'm not going to debate the "188 day cycle" with you because if you couldn't tell I do not believe in it. And as I said, I do not condone faulty science or research. "Not exactly" ain't good enough for me either. And there was no connection between my example and this thread directly. I was simply stating that looking for a pattern is relevant. In general. When it comes to science. No?

But that doesn't mean I don't think there could be A CYCLE, or pattern, of some sort. Doesn't have to be 188 days. And I encourage the OP to actually look into it if he is as interested as he seems since he started a thread and his interest seems to have been piqued by what is happening to our planet Earth.
edit on 26-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

Members are reminded to discuss the topic and not other members, and also to not reply to these off topic remarks.
The detract from the topic and will continue to be removed.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Yeah, I saw the same graph and laylines and I don't believe in it either. That wasn't really my point but I'm glad we agree on that.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Now if I remember correctly there is like a 3 or 5 day margin of error, I can not recall exactly why, you might have to view the original video on the subject for details on that.

The reason is that there is an EQ of this magnatude EVERY 3-5 days. So you can create any cycle you want, 30 days, 60 days, 120 days, 369 days, and you will be right.

When he is 100% right on magnatude, date, location, and hour, then he has something.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Hey wait...where are you going with that??

The 188 day cycle is bunk...

First it was 188 days between large, damaging quakes, then it was 188 days +/- a few days between >7.0 magnitude quakes and now it's just silly. Apparently it doesn't have to even be above 7.0!

And don't tell me that a 6.9 is nearly a 7. That's like a guy in the reserves nearly being a general!

Now bring them goalposts back ya hear!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Either bunk or the object is getting further away.
Planet x has come and gone?
Maybe it was a craft that didn't like what they found.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

We have already proved you can pick ANY cycle and do just as good or better....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Today is the day, 188 days from the 7.9 in Mexico on March 20th.

No. It's 190 days. 190.23 days to be exact.
But let's just ignore the earthquakes that have happened between now and then.

So there!

edit on 9/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

How exactly do you come up with 190.23 days?

I'm actually wondering. I mean, I would probably say, "190 and a half days". I know, not to scientific, but I always wondered how you can come up with such and such, point such days.

And ya forgot to stick your tongue out.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Why do so many people seem confused about the point Phage is trying to make? Between August 14th and September 5th there were 4 earthquakes of magnitude 7 or greater. That's less than 30 days. If this 188 cycle is so accurate then why did those happen? They don't fit within the cycle so why is there even a cycle? The whole theory is supposed to "predict the next major earthquake" but you couldn't have predicted those 4 earthquakes using the cycle so I don't see any frigging point in having it. It's only reliable if you don't count the ones happening in between each 188 day period and then if it doesn't happen on the 188th day you just use something within a couple days of that period instead so you can say it fits? It's complete nonsense. You could say there was a 25 day cycle between magnitude 6 and greater quakes and you'd probably be just as accurate, because there's about 150 of those a year. So you'd still have some falling outside of the 25ish day cycle. This whole debate really makes me wonder how much glue one has to sniff in order to make this theory sound believable in their mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Just for the record, I have been aware of this so called 188 day EQ cycle for some time now and have even posted about it, here on ATS in the ancient past.

My thoughts on this matter have not changed and for anyone to infer that this 188 cycle has "been proven" because of the Alaska EQ is not being an honest merchant in my opinion nor are they using critical thinking skills that I can clearly see are not taught any longer or embraced by someone who wants to know the truth of a matter.

All dislikes aside, let me note two items that help to formulate my opinion on this matter about this 188 day cycle. While I will not use religion to formulate any of my thinking, I can admit that there are some who seem to think this 188 day cycle is a sign of biblical prophecy. Well, in all this I keep a couple of items in mind whenever I continue to see or read about 188 days.

Item 1. The 188 day cycle is sometimes not 188 days, it has been 189, 190 and other configurations, but this of course does not matter, to those who willingly and quickly accept "close enough" as their flag of evidence and proof of 188 days.

If you get on an elevator and push the 4th floor button, you are stating to yourself and others that you are wanting to go to the 4th floor. Now if you stop on the 3rd floor, or the 5th floor, or 6th floor, there is no way you could ever admit that you are on the 4th floor unless you are deluded or of a lesser mind and are willing to accept that its close enough.

When this so called 188 day cycle begins to adhere to 188 days I will admit it is a 188 cycle, but until then, it cannot be a 188 day cycle if it does not adhere to a "188 day cycle."

I am certain there are those that will think I am being picky, or petty, but such is life in the real world.

Item 2. To then think that something like Nibiru or Planet X has entered our solar system and is causing all the earthquakes on a pattern that is close to 188 days, is also to me, a stretch of the imagination.

I mention these two items in this discussion, only to make my point that we cannot trust the 188 day cycle because it is not a true 188 day cycle, but in that fact, I do not in anyway ignore the pattern and repeated frequency of earthquakes that occur close to this 188 day + or - cycle.

Since I always apply a conspiracy test to my areas of study, this 188 day cycle is no different and while I do not believe in the 188 day cycle or the earthquakes as being the cause and effect based on some big object like Planet X or Nibiru, I cannot also ignore that there have been earthquakes very close to this cycle of 188 days.

After I considered the many viable options and the scientific options, I applied a simple question to my data and it is that question that once I answered, that created the position I hold today regarding this 188 day cycle.

I asked myself, if the the earthquakes could have been man made as created by some scientific or secret technology that many allude to exists since as far back as Tesla?

The secret man made earthquakes would then have to be timed to help sell the 188 day cycle in order to give credence and believability to a space object like Planet X or Nibiru being nearby, that is the real cause of these repeated 188 day cycles and EQ's.

If, is the middle word in life and at the present, if the earthquakes are being caused by man made technologies and being done so in accordance to a timing schedule that helps to sell a Nibiru object, then we have the makings of a conspiracy and then all you need are 188 day cycle internet agents to help sell the idea to the simple minds that refuse to think on their own.

I see the elements of a conspiracy, because I think the earthquakes are man made and since those selling this 188 day cycle and space object premise have been busy and concerned to sell and hype the 188 day cycle that goes along with a Planet X or Nibiru, is why I do not think that the cycle is valid, other than to note that the earthquakes were generated by whatever means that to me shows a pattern of intention to sell the 188 day theory, so that they can also sell a Planet X or Nibiru theory.

Until proven otherwise, the earthquakes are to me man made and cleverly timed to help sell the 188 day theory, so that they can also then sell the space object theory and in such a way, "They" can keep you thinking its one thing when its really another.

All I care about is the truth and since I am open to anything in that quest, I have to be honest and consider that the repeated earthquakes could be man made so that we will believe a space object is nearby.

Consider the man made aspect in this discussion. It cant hurt and it just might give you something else to think about instead of 188 days which it isn't.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

That is my point as well. 2011 has even more 7.0+ quakes, so far, with less time between them. The 188 theory is pretty much useless if it misses by days and hundreds of miles.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Seriously... if somebody were to come up to me on the street and say "Hey guess what? We found a new pattern and we're now able to predict major earthquakes. And by major I mean anything over a 6.0. However, it's only going to be able to predict 2 out of the 150 or so 6.0+ quakes that happen every year. And one or both of those may not even be large enough to cause any damage or kill anyone while others we can't predict are, but we'll predict those two quakes accurately, or at least within 1-4 days of the target date!" I would probably punch them square in the nose. What good does that do anybody?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

No sorry it was the 25th Sept, I saved it on my phone calendar.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage your awesome sauce, only keep in mind most people in Alaska sleep through earthquakes that aren't at least a 7.1.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Today is the day, 188 days from the last predicted day of the 188 day cycle, which was supposed to be March 22nd.

However, that quake ended up happening on March 20th.

It seems that the quakes that happen in spring time of the cycle are larger than the ones that happen in the Fall.

What are the chances of these big EQ's happening on the exact days every 188 days? Any statisticians in the house?

Here is another ATS thread on the 188 day cycle:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's where I predicted the Mexican quake to the day on another site:

Silver Doctor's reader predicts Mexican quake to the day

So, what are we lining up with every 188 days to cause these quakes?

edit on 26-9-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

Well if you conveniently ignore the following quakes:
March 25, Chile , 7.1
March 26, Mexico , 6.9
March 27, Japan, 6.0
April 2, Mexico, 6.0
April 6, Papua New Guinea , 6.2
etc etc another 56 YES ANOTHER FIFTY SIX quakes greater then 6.0 that I can't be ars.d listing

So if we decide the 2 of the 62 quakes greater than 6.0 are "special" since thay are spaced out by 188 days and the remaining 60 quakes are of no consequence then yes indeed we have a wonderful accurate earthquake predictor.

Sheeesh. Come on folks please. Anyone who hangs on to this 188 day prediction nonsense by ignoring 60 quakes has to be seriously suffering from cognitive dissonance and it is astonishing they are able to function on a daily basis with that level of denial.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Here's a prediction in the week 1st oct to 7th oct there will be an earthquake greater than 6.0. Can't say exactly where but I can narrow it down to about 10% of the earths surface.

Second prediction in the week 8th Oct to 14th Oct there will be an earthquake greater than 6.0. Can't say exactly where but I can narrow it down to about 10% of the earths surface.

Third prediction in the week 15th Oct to 21st Oct there will be an earthquake greater than 6.0. Can't say exactly where but I can narrow it down to about 10% of the earths surface.

Now if I get 3/3 correct that must make me the earthquake prediction champion of all time.......or someone who can read earthquake history tables and recognise a pattern between earthquake locations and tectonic plate maps.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Seriously... we are 3 months away from December 2012... you honestly think there is anything on the edge of the solar system... we'd be able to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please come back in 2013 and say "ow sorry I believed all the youtube video's, silly me"!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ok. I'm just going to throw my idea out here.

I really don't think that there is a 188 day cycle for a 6.0+ earth quake just ANYWHERE on the planet. I think there are literally thousands of earthquakes every single day, and tens of major ones through the year. This is just how it is!

However, on the note of possible predictable cycles, I think it's much more accurate to look at specific plate boundaries, and the relevant plates, and the motions involved. It's basic, but that's a good way to go about it. That's why so many people have been saying "The day is coming when Cali gets the big one!" It has been predicted to have a certain shift threshold.

What I think is, the bloody state sits midway between two plates, of course it's going to have major earthquakes, and "often."

edit on 27-9-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

To add to my last point, I honestly think there's probably a 15% chance or so, of a quake of 6.0 or greater occurring somewhere on Earth, within an error range of 2 days within the "188 days", meaning every 186-190 days.

Even if it was 5%, yea it's sort of improbable, but I mainly deal with stuff in the

1 x 10^(-5) probability.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Today is the day, 188 days from the 7.9 in Mexico on March 20th.

No. It's 190 days. 190.23 days to be exact.
But let's just ignore the earthquakes that have happened between now and then.

Anyway, I predicted the 7.7 earthquake that occurred on 8/14/12 in this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was the 7th in the 899 day cycle I discovered.
Mine's better because all the quakes have been 7.0 or greater. I didn't have to waffle over the number of days or the magnitude.
So there!

edit on 9/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

You were off a couple of days for the Alaska quake but, I will let it slide since it was a 6.9 6.4 not a 7.0...
edit on 27-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join