It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(VIDEO)Woman arrested for defacing anti-jihad poster

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

When you people try to imply that someone is criticizing all islam because they criticize jihad, is implying that the two are inseparable. It implies that all musilms are inseparably tied to, and support a violent and savage movement. YOU are the ones implying that. No one else!

Did you happen to watch Bibi give his UN speech today? Watch from 8:40 on to 10:00. "They are all rooted in the same bitter soil of intolerance...They want to drag humanity back to an age of unquestioning dogma, unrelenting conflict..."

Granted, Netanyahu was referring to militant Islamists, careful not to say all Muslims verbally. Yet, his entire speech was referring to all of Iran which is not comprised of 100% militant Islamist terrorists. But, Iran is 99.6% Muslim.

So spin it however you like but the fact remains he was drawing the connection between Iran and terrorists. So no, no one else is saying that. Just us

edit on 27-9-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Yea, i think the international community is tired of them using the UN as a platform for war-mongering.

every year their seems to be a new threat that the world must address ....now!.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

look, there is no jihad movement, and i refuse to be scared into forming an opinion.

(basic translation….)

You refuse to contemplate reality.
You refuse to think for yourself.

The reason you refuse to, is because you are afraid that the conclusion would fundamentally challenge how you have been told to think by the people that have brainwashed you with all that politically correct doublespeak.

The idea that the people you trusted while growing up lied to you, and indoctrinated you. Your teachers, friends, and family.
And all that they told you was a twisted version of reality.
You would rather set there and hunker down while nukes drop around you, than admit there really is a group of people that is out to destroy you.
The idea that it is not your country that is wrong. It is the other people.
The idea that multiculturalism is wrong.
The idea that we can’t truly live together.
That idea scares you more than WW3 does.

………….EDIT..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I am suffering a case of irony whiplash here…

Let me get this straight. On a website that is dedicated to the open discussion of ideals, for the express purpose of allowing people to educate themselves, and form their opinions based on available information. On that type of a website, you openly state that you refuse to form an opinion on a subject.

Yes, I am definitely suffering from a bad case of irony whiplash.

I think I am going to need a neck brace…….

edit on 27-9-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Did a little reading about the UN last night and member's ability to veto. Palestine wants to be a member of the UN and an overwhelmingly amount 100/196 said yes. But Israel and US veto'd it. The veto is just a means for allies to prevent other nations from establishing their position. It has been abused. Palestine does have observer status and are shooting for non-member status in which no veto can be used.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Personally, I think any country who takes up arms and goes to war are uncivilized "savages." If you have to kill and use violence to settle your differences, who's really the savage? War is a primitive form of settling differences in a "civilized society."

I have to agree, both ladies were crazy. The lady with the camera was protecting a derogatory poster and getting her clothes and coat spray painted at the same time. What did she think she was accomplishing? She already had the lady on video.

The lady that was spray painting the poster needs to realize that free speech is protected in this country, no matter how much you may disagree with the message. Using spray paint to vandalize public property is against the law no matter how good your intentions may be.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Granted, Netanyahu was referring to militant Islamists, careful not to say all Muslims verbally. Yet, his entire speech was referring to all of Iran which is not comprised of 100% militant Islamist terrorists. But, Iran is 99.6% Muslim.

So spin it however you like but the fact remains he was drawing the connection between Iran and terrorists. So no, no one else is saying that. Just us

You are reaching to the point that it is almost a comedy.
At what point did he say that he wanted to kill all Iranians?
At what point did he say that he wanted to remove iran from the map?

You know dang well that modern wars do not include indiscriminate carpet bombing.
You know dang well that wide spread nuke use would only come if Iran nuked someone else first.

His statements about Iran strictly refer to the people running, and supporting the country’s current government. And the people that are currently participating in it’s weapons development programs. Those are the only people that are being threatened in any way by his statements.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Personally, I think any country who takes up arms and goes to war are uncivilized "savages." If you have to kill and use violence to settle your differences, who's really the savage? War is a primitive form of settling differences in a "civilized society."

Uh….Big problem with your world view.
If someone starts a war against you, how exactly do you stop them from killing you in a civilized world?
Do you just talk them to death? (UN)
Or do you just capitulate before the war even starts? (France)

It’s like all the anti 2A guys going “People shouldn’t need guns in their home.”
If a perp breaks into you house with a knife or gun, and they are intent on killing you. How do you rectify the situation?
Do you talk to them nicely?
Or do we offer them some coffee and donuts while we wait for the cops to get there?

Sometimes the only way to survive is by meeting fore with force.
There is no right and wrong in that situation. There is only survival.

People have the right to defend themselves. People have the right to own the weapons needed to defend themselves. People have the right to use those weapons when, and if they feel their life, and the lives of their family, and friends, are threatened.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

You are reaching to the point that it is almost a comedy.
At what point did he say that he wanted to kill all Iranians?
At what point did he say that he wanted to remove iran from the map?

You know dang well that modern wars do not include indiscriminate carpet bombing.
You know dang well that wide spread nuke use would only come if Iran nuked someone else first.

His statements about Iran strictly refer to the people running, and supporting the country’s current government. And the people that are currently participating in it’s weapons development programs. Those are the only people that are being threatened in any way by his statements.

It would be a comedy if it wasn't so damn serious. First of all, I don't subscribe to the whole "wipe Israel off the map" rhetoric. I've read a fatwa stating that nuclear weapons are strictly prohibited. I've read a fatwa stating that Islam should embrace the west and our ideologies. Without actually being able to read Farsi, I don't trust a damn thing Zionists say. And you shouldn't either (unless you are). You're old enough to know about the convoluted world we live in. And let's say Israel does bomb Iran's facilities. What will that accomplish other than giving Israel a 10 year break until the next facility is built? It will just go on and on and on. Insanity.

Iran is not the third Reich. They have a strong Jewish community and they are also one of the most secular of Muslim nations. Netanyahu is paranoid beyond belief.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

First of all, I don't subscribe to the whole "wipe Israel off the map" rhetoric. I've read a fatwa stating that nuclear weapons are strictly prohibited. I've read a fatwa stating that Islam should embrace the west and our ideologies. Without actually being able to read Farsi, I don't trust a damn thing Zionists say. And you shouldn't either (unless you are).

The image of rockets flying across the sky, exploded busses and the image of broken spheres at the bottom of an hour glass need no translation. The meaning is painfully obvious to anyone that has a pulse. The only question is if they admit it to themselves or not.

What will that accomplish other than giving Israel a 10 year break until the next facility is built? It will just go on and on and on. Insanity.

And letting a country be wiped off the map for the sake of expediency is not “insanity”?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Excellent post. Not all Muslims are supporting Jihad in the modern context of the word. For a "Liberal Muslim" to actually be opposed to what the sign says is quite of Juxtaposition of beliefs there, IMO. I would imagine a "Liberal Muslim" would be one of the first targets of those with a jihadist agenda.

I don't think the billboards were smearing ALL Muslims, rather pointing out that those who support jihad, ie modern Islamic extremism/ terrorism, are not working towards advancing civilization. To me, that is a pretty self evident conclusion, given modern Islamic extremism's track record.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The image of rockets flying across the sky, exploded busses and the image of broken spheres at the bottom of an hour glass need no translation.

Care to explain what image you're talking about? Pardon my ignorance.

And letting a country be wiped off the map for the sake of expediency is not “insanity”?

Shooting first and asking questions after isn't? It would be mutual destruction you know? But ya, completely ignore what I said in my previous post about Iran being a secular nation. Completely ignore all the foreign policy for the last 74 years driving the wedge in the first place. All this war to prevent war to prevent war is nonsense. It's tiring and not the answer to world peace. This instability on our planet is the cause of the economic crisis the world is in. It's bullsh!t and YOU know it!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I have to agree, both ladies were crazy. The lady with the camera was protecting a derogatory poster and getting her clothes and coat spray painted at the same time. What did she think she was accomplishing? She already had the lady on video.

The lady that was spray painting the poster needs to realize that free speech is protected in this country, no matter how much you may disagree with the message. Using spray paint to vandalize public property is against the law no matter how good your intentions may be.

Thank you and ITA, they were both wrong! Like it or not the people who put up the sign went through the proper channels to get it up there.

Honestly I don;t know what the tripod lady was thinking she should be arrested for being stupid!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by kingofmd

its about alienating a minority.....indoctorine americans to their ideology......and recruitinmg americans for their wars.

its calling 90% of arabs, savages...thats how its racist
muslims never claimed they are a race....that would be judeism.

one word for those that are not offended by this...and that word is:

"DESENSITSED"

Posts like this annoy the # out of me. It implies that Americans are stupid which trust me my friend,we ARE NOT.There is absolutely NOTHING racist about that poster.If it had used derogatory words towards arabs then it would be.But there is not a one on there.And since when is Judeism a race? This whole #ing world has gone mad with this bull#.It makes me sick. As for the OP they are BOTH annoying and have no idea what they are talking about. Something about it seems staged to me.I wouldn't be surprised to learn that one or both of those idiots are member of ATS

edit on 27-9-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

It's bullsh!t and YOU know it!

The only BS is the BS you keep swallowing because you are unable to handle the harsh reality around you. You can’t come to grips with the fact that another culture operates on the kill or be killed mentality. Your ideas of global cooperation, civilization, and harmony is just a fantasy in your head. They don’t accept your concept of reality.

The only explanation that your mind can handle for all the conflict across the earth is “It must be a BIG conspiracy”

Just keep telling yourself it’s all one big conspiracy. Delusion will get you nowhere.

The only real conspiracy, if there is one, Is the people that keep telling us that it is our fault, not theirs.

Snap out of it dude. This isn’t a dream. Wake up and smell the cordite. There is a war going on. The enemy is at the door, and they do want to kill us!
edit on 28-9-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

It's bullsh!t and YOU know it!

The only BS is the BS you keep swallowing because you are unable to handle the harsh reality around you. You can’t come to grips with the fact that another culture operates on the kill or be killed mentality. Your ideas of global cooperation, civilization, and harmony is just a fantasy in your head. They don’t accept your concept of reality.

The only explanation that your mind can handle for all the conflict across the earth is “It must be a BIG conspiracy”

Just keep telling yourself it’s all one big conspiracy. Delusion will get you nowhere.

The only real conspiracy, if there is one, Is the people that keep telling us that it is our fault, not theirs.

Ok I see where you want to take this. You would like to have a verbal go with me isn't that right, dick.
My reality is far more accurate than yours will ever be in a New York minute.

the fact that another culture operates on the kill or be killed mentality

You just explained Netanyahu's stance to the T. But sadly, you think you're talking about Iran.
FACT: Iran has not started a war for 200 years- you are so badly mistaken about the kill or be killed mentality that you have no clue what you're talking about. I would be embarrassed if I were you

Your ideas of global cooperation, civilization, and harmony is just a fantasy in your head.

If you have a problem with global cooperation and civilization the it is you that is part of the nightmare in my head
Got a problem with it? Don't like it? Don't want it? Then it is YOU who plays big part of the global problem.

They don’t accept your concept of reality.

Who's they? umm what's a nice word for bigot so this post doesn't get censored.

Conspiracy in what? It's quite evident the world's problems stems from power, money, greed and paranoia.
If you don't know this by now it's either because you don't want to A) realize it B) you belong to the four reasons I stated above or C) your mind can't handle it.

lol, pal, you can never win a debate with me because I've dealt with your ilk before. You're nothing but full of hate and contempt for our fellow man. Logic and reason will always prevail against your type because you don't take the time to grow an emotional intelligence.

Speaking of fantasy land, where is that image of the bombs bursting, buses burning and spheres around an hourglass? In your head?

I really don't want this post to get yanked from being off-topic but your grounds are baseless and completely unfounded.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dmsuse

The only bad thing I see with this video is that the freedom hating pig that got arrested was never read her miranda rights

Your rights are read in private, not when you are cuffed in front of an audience.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dmsuse

The only bad thing I see with this video is that the freedom hating pig that got arrested was never read her miranda rights

How can you possibly call someone else a freedom hater after a comment like this??

I don't really give a crap about isreal.

But I would be against any muslim any day

You need to get that log out of your eye, it's obstructing your view.... You would go against your fellow Britain (or fellow human for that matter) simply because they are of the islam faith? You clearly do not endorse freedom or have the slightest clue what it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

You can pretend and play stupid all day long, I don't really care. The term Jihad is nearly synonymous with Muslim to most ignorant Americans. The sign also implies that Israel has never done savage things, which is just a lie. It's propaganda....have fun supporting it.
edit on 28-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Defending oneself is one thing, but avoiding war and antagonizing and bullying another country are two different things. The latter one shouldn't exist, and the first one wouldn't happen if people who were in power would have to use their own children to fight their declared wars. It's easy for the government to use its citizens as pawns to rage war on another country. It's wrong for people of the world to accept it.

It's also wrong to take a view that we have no other choice. Continuing on doing the wrong thing in life doesn't change, unless the majority who are being used take a stand.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
can i just make it clear

this is not about muslims against free speech

this is about offensive material, not seen since the nazis, alienating and indoctoring the public of new york.

dont fall for the deflection....it should be....pamela geller vs the state of new york.....not, muslim vs free speech

also

whats a jihad??
why is isreal fighting one??

who are they??..palastinains?..because i think you already won!

peace

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join