It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(VIDEO)Woman arrested for defacing anti-jihad poster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
reply to post by digital01anarchy

read the sign , its pretty clear what it means

What it means is irellevant, someone owns it and paid for it. You can't deface something simply because you don't like the meaning.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by thePharaoh

That lady with the camera was so annoying. More than likely a hateful zionist. Anyone willing to get paint sprayed in their eyes to protect a pro-Israel poster is a complete brainwashed idiot.

edit on 26-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Yes anyone for Freedom of Speach and against defacing property is an Israel loving hatefilled Zionist for sure.

In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad.

I support that statement. I am sorry you want Jihad to continue.

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out because I wasn't a communist.

I hope someone is left to speak for you when the Jihad comes.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The sign was made by Zionists... and Zionism is racism. Therefore the sign itself should have been illegal right from the start.

Ironically the sign is made by one set of extremists condemning another set of extremists... it's pathetic and I'd like to use my freedom of speech to wish for the incarceration of both those who uses Jihad to kill people and those who on the jewish side lobby for the destruction of innocent muslims and the independent country Iran, as well as those people behind this sign who more or less with it, appeal to people to commit acts of violence against innocent people in the states.

Freedom of speech is independence under responsibility!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This country has gone mad with hate and racism. Does anyone see through the game, or is it just me? We are being manipulated and brainwashed into hating Muslims. This has been going on for years and years. While everyone drinks their aspartame riddled sodas and eats their genetically altered foods, people are literally losing their minds and going crazy with hate.

A poster, or any other propaganda that encourages hate and racism, deserves to be destroyed.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
How is this racist? What race are all Muislims? She vandalized public property, her paint wasnt limited to the poster itself, it got on the tile. She seemed genuinely clueless as to why she was being arrested

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Im surprised this isnt up yet...but i was waiting for this...seems like the poster police were as well

poster police...im sorry but that fat hero with the camera...i dont know why shes so passionate...she needed her camera stand confiscated

"free speech. then i have the right for free expression" lolol
that line made me smile

i want to add....its not an anti-jihad poster,,,,its a pro war poster
looks like isreal just proved its them that wants a jihad..

ww w.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

hmm needs to be arrested for both graffiti AND assault with a deadly weapon. all the evidence needed is in this video. not to mention paying for camera equipment probably damaged in the assault.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
can anyone tell me what the ad suppose to mean?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

I think the ad did it's intended job! It was only an as to stir up anger, and it obviously worked. The ad is from one extremist organization to another, and some stupid person decided to get her self arrested over spray painting the ad. I don't like the ad, but whoever made the ad went through the proper authorotities to have it hanging there in the first place. The woman spray painting the ad was wrong!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
This country has gone mad with hate and racism. Does anyone see through the game, or is it just me? We are being manipulated and brainwashed into hating Muslims. This has been going on for years and years. While everyone drinks their aspartame riddled sodas and eats their genetically altered foods, people are literally losing their minds and going crazy with hate.

A poster, or any other propaganda that encourages hate and racism, deserves to be destroyed.

so, you're saying muslims love the western world and wouldn't do any harm to it...right?...that is the propaganda?
and muslims are for human rights? and for womens rights? muslims are for freedom of religion?
paraphrasing from the quran...doesn't it say that followers can lie and cheat to fool non-believers?

as for me...i'm barely tolerant Of ANY religion, but i have absolutely NO TOLERANCE for islam...it is a cult that basically says believe or you will be punished, i will not get down on my knees 5 times a day for any mythical being

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The whole things seems to be nothing but a plot to spark unrest in NYC and the masses in general across the US. Is NYC the only place with these stupid banners?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I don't agree with the ad either but you cant just go around destroying property and spraying idiots who try to stop you that is not freedom of speech nor expression, why not use her power as a journalist to try to make a change if she feels so strongly.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Personally I don't think Jihad is a race, so that kills the racist thing for me.

That being said, I think this whole episode was staged to call attention to it and to keep the fire burning- (distraction tactics, anyone?). How is it possible that so many cameras were conveniently on the scene? This was an event that was announced to the photojournalists by Mona.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

IMO, that poster is pretty offensive. I'd like to point out that it pretty much states that you can either support Israel or you can support savages (yeah, it didn't say jihadists, it said savages). I'm not gonna go into the whole Israel/Middle East thing, but to claim that those who are against Israel are savages does seem pretty offensive.

On another note, what the Mona (the lady in pink) did was wrong. Her idea of protesting was not "free speech." Rather than actually expressing her opinions on why she found the poster offensive and racist, she vandalized the poster and claimed it was her right. Censorship is not free speech. To me, she seems to believe that it is her right to infringe on other peoples' free speech by defacing someone else's property.

Also, I find the other woman's insistent defense of the poster quite humorous. I don't think she had any right to push Mona but other than that she had every right to stand in the way. Though, her camera and her attitude make me think she may have been waiting there for an incident like this to happen.

That's my two cents.
-Peace

edit on 27-9-2012 by TheFuzzMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
No replys? What race is "Muslim"?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

This isn't public property it's a paid for advertisement. Public property is owned by the government if she were spraying one of the trains then it would be public property.

By all rights the cops should have arrested the woman with the camera also. When she used the tripod of the camera to try to push her away that constitutes assault.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
ok i changed my mind, not all americans needs to die.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

its about alienating a minority.....indoctorine americans to their ideology......and recruitinmg americans for their wars.

its calling 90% of arabs, savages...thats how its racist
muslims never claimed they are a race....that would be judeism.

one word for those that are not offended by this...and that word is:

"DESENSITSED"

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

erm..another hysterical propaganda generator

the fact is "jihad" is a mental war between good and evil...defeating the whisper of the devil etc.....
it has nothing to do with what your agenda is suggesting.

islam stopped its movement after their prophet died....except for some shias.

trying to use a 1,400 year old remark, is for obvious reasons
ie, to prey on peoples, ignorance, fear, pride etcetc....

the hitler type propaganda will onli work against their cause

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by kingofmd

its about alienating a minority.....indoctorine americans to their ideology......and recruitinmg americans for their wars.

its calling 90% of arabs, savages...thats how its racist
muslims never claimed they are a race....that would be judeism.

one word for those that are not offended by this...and that word is:

"DESENSITSED"

Few things-
1. Alienating a minority? How did you come to that conclusion? Clearly the 6 million Jews on the planet are the minority.
2.I'm wondering how you came about the 90% figure. Are you saying that 90% of Arabs support a war to eliminate Jews?
3. Still don't see how this is racist. Politically biased and motivated? YES. Racist? NO. Calling it racist would be the equivalent of saying that calling Zionists an inappropriate name racist. It is not racist either way.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
reply to post by digital01anarchy

read the sign , its pretty clear what it means

they call muslims savages...in the mainsteam...yet one cannot be anti-semetic.
they tied that up in a neat little bow.

BANG ON!

Double Standard much?? This is just ridiculous. The sign clearly implies that Isreal = "civilized" and Muslims = "savages"

Not surprised this was in New York. That chick with the camera was probably a pro Isrealie stooge as well as the cops that came in to arrest super-spraypaint-woman... hell even those german shepherds were probably pro Israel!

Personally I would have made a far less public statement and just quietly altered the poster with bumper sized stickers that changed the words implying which were savage and which were civilized. Turn the thing against itself

edit on 27-9-2012 by HIWATT because: removal

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join