It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create new element

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Anyone have any comments about the new element and not Bob Lazar?

As the other poster mentioned Bob Lazar claimed to create 115 so it appears 113 has nothing to do with Lazar or any of his claims.

Cheers

Element 115 Ununpentium decays to element 113 and then down to 111, 109... They actually made 115 and it did decay to 113 like Lazar stated but that would be obvious to anyone with a pre-1990's high school education in science...

www-pls.llnl.gov...

Now if that creates a gravity warp field is another story.

www.gravitywarpdrive.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I just gotta wonder, but wouldnt more of the element make it more stable? Like say, 3 ounces, and not a couple of atoms. I think it would be more stable at that point because the mass would "hold" the element together, kinda like the phrase "the more, the merrier". Basically, there'd be more material to combine into a stable molecular form.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I thought 113 was made by making 115 which is unstable and breaks down to 113...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Bob Lazar said element 115

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I thought 113 was made by making 115 which is unstable and breaks down to 113...

You could very well be correct.

I've heard that as well but am unable to confirm or deny due to my lack of knowldege when it comes to chemistry as I have forgotten most of what I learned in "HIGH" school.

edit on 27-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Since you mentioned anti-matter, you might be interested in this ATS thread.

Sorry for hijacking OP.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

But yes, perhaps it is related, and any connections some members want to share are welcomed...but I am confident this is something totally different...but I could be wrong.

You're not. I could be wrong but I think Bob Lazar is a hoaxer. These unstable elements only exist for a moment during explosive events like nuclear explosions. They replicate small "nukes" in the laboratory with colliders and during the impacts, infinitely small amounts of these "decay" elements are "measured". The chain of decay "from--to" happens so quick that it is almost non existent. It is there though so you could say they "made it".

The reason why some of the elements are still "missing" is because as the element chain rapidly decays in the collider the progression downward has "gaps" in it where the physicists know there is an element that they have yet to actually "measure" before it is gone. Any time an announcement is made of a new "discovery" its like they knew it was there all along but just now they think they "saw it". Thats why the discovery is still "tentative" and we scratch our heads about it. I think I am right about this, maybe others could set me straight on details.

I didn't know Lazar said that "UFO's" are powered with it. Thats a bit hard to prove because like antimatter, you can't make enough of it and keep it around for any length of time to make it useful for such an application as "warp drive". Figures that would be one of Lazars "theories". Its as unprovable as saying that UFO engines get matter from stars, because nobody in the near future is ever going to get that close to a sun to test the theory. See?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So does this in any way assist alcubierre's warp drive theory when it comes to energy requirements etc? Although a key factor in his theory is still that exotic (negative mass) stuff so....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

How do you know he is a hoaxer? It would have been easier if you said he may be telling the truth or he may not have enough information to sway the minds of 99% of the folks not in the know.

No one can say really what Lazar knows. He may well be a hoaxer but you and I are certainly not qualified to say that since it was never proven beyond a doubt he was a hoaxer.

I say we just don't really know. Let's leave it at that ok?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Did Bob lazar not discover Element 115? Not make it?? .. I thought he was sent to an underground job after his stunt with the rocket car he built .. somehow with his skills was sent by NASA to dissect the Rosewell crash?? I thought his main mission objective for his job discription, in the 80's was to find out what made UFOs fly. hence Element 115. Makes sense to me... apply a frequency of energy, creates vibrations, pulls the ions and would repel the energy around the craft.

Element 115's nucleus would be properly amplified, the resulting large-scale gravitational effect would be a distortion of the surrounding space-time continuum that would, in effect, greatly shorten the distance and travel time to a charted destination.[8]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

How do you know he is a hoaxer?

I don't. This guy claims he's done some checking. Of course, you have to make up your own mind about Stanton Friedman. Some think he is more accredited than Lazar.

Listen for yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
I guess my question is, what would be the purpose in creating an element that is unstable? Is it just for bragging rights?

No, it's for adding to the frustration of Chemistry students everywhere. It's also my firm belief that the reason America has never gone fully metric is because Chemistry professors in the US could no longer justify giving metric conversion problems on exams (which is admittedly easy- but pointless). Of course, I'm a little biased on this topic as I just had a test in my Organic class the other day.
edit on 28-9-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Apparently I'm not allowed to start new threads, perhaps because I don't have a big enough post count. Silly rule, but there goes. So here's what should be a new topic:

Source: www.newscientist.com... mafia-is-destroying-the-rainforests.html

It's not as glamorous as coc aine or diamonds, but the illegal logging industry has become very attractive to criminal organisations over the past decade. A new report finds that up to 90 per cent of tropical deforestation can be attributed to organised crime, which controls up to 30 per cent of the global timber trade.

For years, environmental regulators thought that illegal logging was decreasing worldwide. But they were just looking in the wrong places, says Christian Nelleman, author of the 27 September report from the United Nations Environment Programme

I've heard on many occasions that the entire amazon deforestation problem could be cured with a few billion dollars. Spend it buying the land and paying it's residents to protect that land.

Surely there is some philanthropist out there prepared to do that?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Whats so special about Element 113? Whats it good for?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I may be late to the show and perhaps some other smirky respondent has already said something to the effect of "OK, but what about element 115? Bob Lazar promised us element 115!!"

Bob didn't "promise us element 115". He simply claimed to have a few large chunks of it, which is of course completely fantastical. Conveniently for Bob, they were allegedly stolen from his apartment. What a loss for Bob and the planet! These could be used to generate unlimited amounts of energy, according to Bob, and travel faster than light. What's the best way to store such treasure? Of course, you leave it in a drawer of your desk. Just like that. I'm sure if you had 500 trillion dollars at hand, you'd just dump them in your garage, right?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Whats so special about Element 113? Whats it good for?

It's not good for anything practical. Heavy elements like this one can be used to study pretty esoteric models of nuclei. This is indeed an interesting area of nuclear physics. But you can't manufacture a chunk of 113. You get a few nuclei, if you are lucky. That's not a lot to go around.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by intrptr

How do you know he is a hoaxer? It would have been easier if you said he may be telling the truth or he may not have enough information to sway the minds of 99% of the folks not in the know.

No one can say really what Lazar knows. He may well be a hoaxer but you and I are certainly not qualified to say that since it was never proven beyond a doubt he was a hoaxer.

I say we just don't really know. Let's leave it at that ok?

Let me start with the last sentence in what you wrote. I say we just don't really know if there is a dinosaur living in the woods behind my village. Do we? At the same time, if I start posting a lot about my gut feeling that there is a dinosaur right around Whispering Pines, everyone would rightly assume I need medical help.

There is too much stuff regarding Lazar on this board, just do some search. Yes, he is a hoaxer. Have you seen his interview regarding his alleged use of Li6 in a hydrogen-powered car? He's talking nonsense with a straight face. He's saying that he operates an accelerator to produce Li6 in his backyard. Sorry but anyone who does know a little physics will understand that this is bullcr@p of biblical proportions.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I was being sarcastic. Slightly sarcastic. Perhaps too much of a dry and aloof wit for most. I don't know.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'll be the first to admit I don't know # about physics, but can someone explain why these "created" elements never last?

It would seem to me that, once one assembles atoms in a certain way to "create" an element, they should stay "assembled".

I liken it to a house of cards. I take these playing cards and build a house out of them. The "house" stands for a while and then falls apart.

What causes the atoms to fall apart, or were they ever together in this new element?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I'll be the first to admit I don't know # about physics, but can someone explain why these "created" elements never last?

It would seem to me that, once one assembles atoms in a certain way to "create" an element, they should stay "assembled".

I liken it to a house of cards. I take these playing cards and build a house out of them. The "house" stands for a while and then falls apart.

What causes the atoms to fall apart, or were they ever together in this new element?

There are systems in nature that are not stable. Your question really applies to a larger class of phenomena, generally termed "radioactivity". What you are asking in essence is "how do unstable nuclei exist in the first place?". And that's a pretty good question. A good answer would be from the point of view of quantum mechanics. You can probably locate a good and simple primer on the Web.

In short, there are situations where a system can exist let's say in two different states, with different energy. There is a probability of a transition between the two states. It's hard to find an analog in classical mechanics, unfortunately. And so, the system will eventually, at some unpredictable moment in time, undergo a transition, and boom - you have the decay of the nucleus.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join