Scientists create new element

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Bob Lazar made a claim that Element 115 is what the 'aliens' used to bend space and time.

For the propulsion of the studied vehicles, Bob Lazar claims that the atomic Element 115 served as a nuclear fuel. Element 115 (temporarily named "ununpentium" (symbol Uup)) reportedly provided an energy source which would produce anti-gravity effects under proton bombardment along with antimatter for energy production. As the intense strong nuclear force field of Element 115's nucleus would be properly amplified, the resulting large-scale gravitational effect would be a distortion of the surrounding space-time continuum that would, in effect, greatly shorten the distance and travel time to a charted destination.

Lazar also claims that he was given introductory briefings describing the historical involvement by extraterrestrial beings with this planet for the past 100,000 years. The beings originate from the Zeta Reticuli 1 & 2 star system and are therefore referred to as Zeta Reticulans, popularly called 'Greys'.

Isn't it odd, that Bob Lazar made these claims back in the 80s and now today Scientist are working around the idea of the Bending space and time to shorten the distance across space is likely to be possible with ununpentium which they are using for energy.

I think there is some truth to what Bob Lazar was saying, maybe isn't all that much of a nut job like people make him out to me.

Source

Wrap Drive May Be More Feasible Than Thought, Scientists Say

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Lazar also said that he got a peek inside a real alien UFO. Now, for argument sake let's take him at his word. He described the fit and finish inside the craft as not being clunky like we'd build but seemed very smooth like it was injected molded.

If in fact he was telling the truth the Aliens would be centuries ahead of us and would have built things with Nano tech from the atom up and it would appear to be very finely done and smooth.

Just a thought

Element 115 or 113?
Who knows but we are getting closer to filling out the table.

edit on 26-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Lazar also said that he got a peek inside a real alien UFO. Now, for argument sake let's take him at his word. He described the fit and finish inside the craft as not being clunky like we'd build but seemed very smooth like it was injected molded.

If in fact he was telling the truth the Aliens would be centuries ahead of us and would have built things with Nano tech from the atom up and it would appear to be very finely done and smooth.

Just a thought

Element 115 or 113?
Who knows but we are getting closer to filling out the table.

edit on 26-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yes, that was part of his claims. Apparently it happened in a different area similar to Area 51 but within driving rage. The area is called, S4. I believe he said it resides in a mountain of which UFOs fly out and enter of as they have doors on the side of the mountains that are camouflaged so it wouldn't be noticeable. I'm pretty sure I've heard of reports of UFOs flying around mountain areas in that desert.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
They should call this strange the new element La Dy Gaga

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Bob Lazar made a claim that Element 115 is what the 'aliens' used to bend space and time.

For the propulsion of the studied vehicles, Bob Lazar claims that the atomic Element 115 served as a nuclear fuel. Element 115 (temporarily named "ununpentium" (symbol Uup)) reportedly provided an energy source which would produce anti-gravity effects under proton bombardment along with antimatter for energy production. As the intense strong nuclear force field of Element 115's nucleus would be properly amplified, the resulting large-scale gravitational effect would be a distortion of the surrounding space-time continuum that would, in effect, greatly shorten the distance and travel time to a charted destination.

Lazar also claims that he was given introductory briefings describing the historical involvement by extraterrestrial beings with this planet for the past 100,000 years. The beings originate from the Zeta Reticuli 1 & 2 star system and are therefore referred to as Zeta Reticulans, popularly called 'Greys'.

Isn't it odd, that Bob Lazar made these claims back in the 80s and now today Scientist are working around the idea of the Bending space and time to shorten the distance across space is likely to be possible with ununpentium which they are using for energy.

I think there is some truth to what Bob Lazar was saying, maybe isn't all that much of a nut job like people make him out to me.

Source

Wrap Drive May Be More Feasible Than Thought, Scientists Say

Star Trek said the same thing long before Bob Lazar. It's not an original thought, Lazar stole the idea from Science Fiction. Element 115 is not stable and is not being pursued as a fuel source for space flight.

As to 113 being created, I am unsure what this means for science, as it was yet another unstable heavy element that acted like all the other unstable heavy elements.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As far as I know what Bob Lazar stated was that the crafts using a small particle accelerator actually bombarded Element 115 with protons creating element 116 which is very unstable and decays very rapidly. This resulted in an energy discharge and the gravity generators were able to capture and utilize 100 percent of this reaction thus creating a distortion in the gravity field on earth and space resulting int the ability to bend space and time to create the ability to move non-linearly through space and time and bypass the necessity of light speed travel.

He also said that Element 115 reaches a point called the "Island of Stability" where the protons are actually stable and any other synthesized elements right before or after up to element 247 are also unstable. I am not a physicist, this is how I understand it as a layman.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich931

you would have to create a new type of matter while you're at it since the stuff we have now (protons and neutrons) appears to fall apart under its own mass.

the way of the future (and space travel?) is probably quasi-particle formation.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Not quite right about 115: Here is why,

You should have said "man made" element 115 is not stable and won't work, then you would be correct.

But element 115 made with the right isotopic value would be stable and would function, and this isn't even a secret, it is already postulated to be true in theory, however, this planet's main stream science doesn't have the technology to make the "right" isotope of 115 and couldn't make any useful amount fast enough to ever be useful using current technology.

I think they are on the right track though, I mean, if they keep it up long enough, someone will figure it out, assuming our sun and planet last long enough
edit on 26-9-2012 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i notice a lot of talk above about wasting research money on obscure applications, but technological advancement is rarely a linear process, and if you look at the history of technological advancement in the last 100 years especially, some of our biggest advances in science and technology have come from completely unrelated research into very different fields.

Just look at the microwave for example

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Don't get me wrong because I am all for scientific advancement so I do condone these studies, but I do wish our priorities were more logical. Curing disease should come before discovering things that "might" exist.

There is no money in making people healthy, and since corporations care about money, your logical choice becomes to not cure them.

Anyway, anyone knows why it decayed exactly 6 times, and not 5 or 7 times or any other number?

edit on 27-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Finding the conditions under which to stabilize such short lived elements would be a good idea, or creating these is just a way to get cancer at the speed of light. To help understand the transition from one element into another, some happen fast like the ones they engineer...some happen very slowly like how lead was once gold. The 6 times just the amount of experiments creating it, that's why the number isn't higher.

Interesting red none the less, harnessing these things into any useful application will doubtfully be seen in our lifetime, unless someone makes a major major breakthrough.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Have much to add regarding element 113 per se, but one comment/post here mentions a wikipedia article stating that all elements through 118 have already been created synthetically, I can imagine that a little 113 is briefly formed during fission and/or fusion reactions in bomb tests, but that it is so short lived that none is collected and analyzed. Just a speculative explanation to make this news jive with the wiki article.

As to space ship fuel, I just saw some science show on one of those cable channels that speculates that anti-matter will be used for fuel, as that in conjunction with regular matter gives one the biggest bang for the buck. And supposedly, anti-matter is already regularly created in very minute amounts by us Terrans.

As to the research money expended to create this element, perhaps this basic research will pay-off down the line. It certainly would help to confirm our model of elements is correct -- for whatever that's worth. I'd just assume money spent on this as on Star Wars anti-missile research, which seems -- at best -- like the 21st century's Maginot Line (who needs ICBMs when one can send a thermonuclear device in a cargo container or a civilian jet liner). But I digress -- like that never happens in an ATS post/comment...
edit on 27-9-2012 by MrInquisitive because: had an addition to make

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

to help understand more and more about the synthesizing of elements.

How do you better understand something?
You do it!

It is the quest to understand everything.
Just like the quest to better understand cancer and the way it works.

Not every organization in the world is going to ditch whatever it is doing to work on important things like cancer and Aids.

Plenty of research is going towards both causes.

To ditch any sort of research is limiting our understanding of the way reality works.

Maybe you don't care about research done using crabs to find out the secret behind immortality but others do,
edit on 27-9-2012 by RothchildRancor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Not quite right about 115: Here is why,

You should have said "man made" element 115 is not stable and won't work, then you would be correct.

I could have, and it would mean the same thing since all element 115 is man made, it does not occur in nature, at all, ever.

But element 115 made with the right isotopic value would be stable and would function, and this isn't even a secret, it is already postulated to be true in theory, however, this planet's main stream science doesn't have the technology to make the "right" isotope of 115 and couldn't make any useful amount fast enough to ever be useful using current technology.

Great, now supply me with a credible source saying a certain isotope of 115 is known to be stable.

I think they are on the right track though, I mean, if they keep it up long enough, someone will figure it out, assuming our sun and planet last long enough
edit on 26-9-2012 by alienreality because: eta

They did figure it out. Anti-matter, that is what they will use.

ETA: The Lazar lovers postulate that Bismuth has a stable isotope so 115 should too. The problem is that Bismuth OCCURS NATURALLY. If 115 had a stable isotope it would too. It doesn't.
edit on 27-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by tvtexan

I agree...this type of research always baffles me, sure it's interesting but grant money can be put to much better uses such as curing disease which you mentioned.

Don't get me wrong because I am all for scientific advancement so I do condone these studies, but I do wish our priorities were more logical. Curing disease should come before discovering things that "might" exist.

Since this discovery is in it's early stages my guess is that eventually they will be able to find a way to maintain stability and then continue to use this discovery to broaden their understanding on the physical and chemical origins of our earth and universe.

Yes, but someone's always dying of something, its what we do.

It's not exactly a good idea to worry about curing the diseases of a human population whose growth is in explosion mode and has been for the last half a century. You do realise the illuminati are desperately mulling over all their mass murder, sorry I mean population control techniques as we type??

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Russians and Americans already discovered Element number 113, Ununtrium in 2003, its decay product of Ununpentium, element 115. It doesn't have any use, because its half-life is only ~20 seconds. Enough time to study it though.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

Apologies. What I meant to say in my post was that of course the world goes on,
Humanity continues through its ups and its downs. Humans like cars get old. Diseases ought be prevented, not cured.

But the world goes on
And I'm bloody glad that a proportion of the intelligence of our humble race is being utilized for projects like this.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Lagrimas because: it was the use of the word condone, it made me go a little mad. you condone the experiment. thank goodness.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
ETA: The Lazar lovers postulate that Bismuth has a stable isotope so 115 should too. The problem is that Bismuth OCCURS NATURALLY. If 115 had a stable isotope it would too. It doesn't.

That would depend on the half-life of the "stable" isotope.

Americium is stable enough that it has been used industrially in fire detectors for decades, its most common isotopes 241 and 243 have half-lives of 432.2 and 7,370 years respectively. Americium doesn't occur naturally on Earth however because the half-life (although long enough to find long term industrial applications) is sufficiently short that all primordial americium has long since decayed.

It may be that 115 has a "stable" isotope of similar half-life, long enough to be industrially relevant but short enough that it won't occur naturally on Earth.

And I'm not a "Lazar Lover" as you put it, just playing Devils advocate.

Personally I am skeptical that any such isotope exists, and even more skeptical that it would display the described properties if indeed it does exist.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Scientists create new element

I have some issue with this.

The protons were there , the nucleus was there.

They add some proton to nucleus and created new element ?

Maybe discovering could be better word.

MHO

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Scientist would never absolutely say that the have made it, because it needs to be put thru multiple steps for stability, whether compound or ion, etc... so until then... "we think we created element 113... "

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join