It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Shape do you think the universe is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think Spherical considering when things explode like a grenade everything pushes outwards.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i think its whatever we think it is...
I bet if we all thought really hard that the moon was made of cheese. IT WOULD BE!
Mind > matter.

Personally i think all of this is made so we can experience and create.
Theories always tend to be proven right 50 years after they initially pop up...
Coincidences probably, but whos to say?...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
An expanding point of energy on a spiralling double helix supporting trillions of others that form one point of eight of the Creator, who, is a spinning energetic sentinent cube.

Meaning of life? 'Am I alone'.

We existed as a simulation to answer that one question. Then, after a while the Creator placed small slices of his energy into his simulation. Why? to experience it 'life' from 'inside the machine'.

Blessed Be.

link   
Its hard to call but to guess
I think its somewhat tube like with turns and spins and loops with different diameters of the tube changing it center, inside a thicker medium not observable by many from inside. Medium sort of like pouring paint into oil, the oil is the thick medium and the paint is the universe. The container holding the paint and oil or universal energies would be the energy containment. My 2 cents
good mind pushing question.

link   
The only one that makes sense...

en.wikipedia.org...

Flat universe

In a flat universe, all of the local curvature and local geometry is flat. It is generally assumed that it is described by a Euclidean space, although there are some spatial geometries that are flat and bounded in one or more directions (like the surface of a cylinder, for example).

The alternative two-dimensional spaces with a Euclidean metric are the cylinder and the Möbius strip, which are bounded in one direction but not the other, and the torus and Klein bottle, which are compact.

In three dimensions, there are 10 finite closed flat 3-manifolds, of which 6 are orientable and 4 are non-orientable. The most familiar is the 3-Torus. See the doughnut theory of the universe.

In the absence of dark energy, a flat universe expands forever but at a continually decelerating rate, with expansion asymptotically approaching some fixed rate. With dark energy, the expansion rate of the universe initially slows down, due to the effect of gravity, but eventually increases. The ultimate fate of the universe is the same as that of an open universe.

A flat universe can have zero total energy. Thus, physicists suggest a flat universe could come from nothing.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

"But it's turtles all the way down!"

Turtles all the way down
Hope it helps.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Take 5 minutes and listen to what the great Sagan has to say about this.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is my opinion....don't ask me why.

Second line...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's shaped like a doughnut or a red blood cell. I thought everyone knew that.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Great thread thanks OP, lets hope its in great shape.
Or not.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Its universe shaped.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

Torus.
I am not sure why but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Torus

And now that I see Jeremiah65's post above...

(which mine seems to copy but I did not
read any replies on the thread first)

1. I think it is strange we both chose the Torus.
2. We both chose it without knowing why.
3. And we both included a picture.

I think this clinches it.
The Universe is definitely Torus shaped.
Any other questions we can answer for you?
Fire away.

...and I'd star you but you didn't star any of your visitors so... tsk tsk.

edit on 26-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I think spherical as well.That seems to be the natural shape that things take place.Look at the planets, the stars etc.... It just makes the most sense to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
Its universe shaped.

And what does "Universe shaped" look like....Help us out and compare that to a shape we can relate to?

Sphere? Cube? What does "universe shaped" look like to you?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Toroidal Space

Space itself is not flat, but curved. The curvature of space is responsible for gravity, and at a black hole space and time are so curved they get knotted up.

Everything in the universe - light, subatomic particles, pizzas, yourself - is described in terms of a geometrical structure on the space-time 4-manifold. Manifolds are used to understand the large-scale structure of the Universe in cosmology, and the theory of relativity introduced the idea of matter-energy equivalence, which led to nuclear power, and the atomic bomb.

The universe is now considered to be a 12 dimensional nested manifold.

In "superstring" physics, the torus is known as the "perfect" shape.

It is now accepted as a mathematical model that can be used to describe objects in space.
Surface topology is superior to geometry for describing such phenomenon because it deals with much more sophisticated and profound spacial and temporal relationships.

Other scientists have also suggested that the entire universe may be shaped like a torus.
edit on 26-9-2012 by newcovenant because: harmonicresolution.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think it is shaped like a leaf.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
How can something infinite be of shape?

Why should it be a shape?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think it's round. Big Bang. But who really knows.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think the universe is round or oval shaped but not neatly shaped. I believe the universe is inside something. Some people think that God surrounds the universe. My imagination leads me think that the universe is surrounded by blank white space. Or is inside a giant white room.

new topics

top topics

join