Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Be yourself

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Why do a lot of people want to be like "someone else" instead of wanting to be their "FULL" selves?-
It's sad what one can see often everywhere.
People wanting to be like this person or the other one, everyone saying "amen" to the opinion of a certain someone, just because its that "someone". (I even see that here on ATS, some members only get stars/ just because of "who they are" -for example).

Copying lifestyles, way of thinking, personality cults.

Enough of the untouchable gods/goddesses

In society people denying their INDIVIDUALITY and uniqueness and getting frustrated because they want to be like their "idol". (Face it, you are going to be frustrated for life, because you will never be that someone, only a sad wanna be).

I think everyone should be encouraged to develop the SELF to the maxium. Working on developing the pontetial of the soul and perfect the self. That's getting close to being happy and feeling complete.

Accepting what one is and working with that on the best possible way.

Its perfectly fine to recognize the qualities of others and admirning someone a bit because of something but comparision in a negative way can be detrimental, because everyone is DIFFERENT. And the system trying to tell you everyone is the same is only another chain of the slavery-systema to keep you down.
Fake idols, "celebrities" that you follow blindly is another tool to keep you a dumb frustrated slave.

Some people are afraid to be out of what's considered "normal" or expected, and stand up in society and be "weird" because of what "others will say". But who cares really whats the negative opinon of others? Get rid of negative judgmental people, they only critizie when you see you are so free that your sponaneity rubs on their robot programming.

It's great if you dont fit in and are not one more in the masses. Its GREAT you are different.

No leaders, no followers.

Break free and be the best you can be, be YOU

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Fully agree!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Agreed, personally i think meditation and self reflection is the only way to achieve such a mental state...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yes! Exactly guys.

Theres no better guide than yourself.

What's to praise or admire to all the fake surgery modificated celebrities? Why live in constant frustration on acting and wanting to be the way the tv tells you!? Copying behaviour; monkey see monkey do...

Of course, its functional to the system praising someone outside yourself. EGO maniac lying robots politicians

Hah giving Your power to someone else!??!!! NEVER.

It's a lonely path most times being different in a cookiecutter world, but i will always choose solitude over being something i am not.
It is about embracing the uniqueness we were all born with.

I like sometimes sitting outside and observing people on the street, i like to see how they act/react, how they relate, if its them speaking or some programming. Of course i observe myself as well and analyze my reactions.
Intospection, being conscious of your existence, accepting the other's difference is a step to inner peace as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Be what you are.
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

All of us may be mirrors looking into ourselves, but does that really matter if the mirror is dirty?
You want to reflect, and people will see themselves in you, and you will see yourself in others,
but if you - the mirror are dirty, you cannot see yourselves in another.
Dust yourself off, from all "peer pressure", and just be yourself.
You don't have to try to reflect - you already are - it is you NOT being yourself that adds dirt to your mirror.

Finding Peace in Truth is the only way to do this, I agree with you.
If you are inspired by another, that is great;
but to try to "BE" someone else, or to "REPEAT" words without adding anything of your own - is pointless.
edit on 30-9-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

At the end of the day who are YOU? before YOU was THEM and THEY shaped the world into what YOU know today.. so YOU became who YOU are because what you learned from THEM and US..

we all live in this world together so its only natural that we influence each other..most people think they are so unique but there's nothing new under the sun when it comes to how people behave..aint it crazy??

new topics

top topics

join