It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Distant Solar System Send Life to Earth? (TIME magazine)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sad that such a potentially interesting debate as how life might have come to Earth from outer space is polluted again with the typical ATS nonsense such as bible fairy tales and other Conspiracy stuff.

Instead of a good discussion, we're now argumenting pro/contra creationism.

Except this is not the topic here (or should not be it), it actually has its own sub-forum.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Sad that such a potentially interesting debate as how life might have come to Earth from outer space is polluted again with the typical ATS nonsense such as bible fairy tales and other Conspiracy stuff.

Except this is not the topic here (or should not be it), it actually has its own sub-forum.

Panspermia and even directed panspermia is absolute 100% CONJECTURE!

I said it once and I'll say it again, the Bible is a source, something you do not have! It's credible for lots of reasons, but to me it's credible mainly because the people who wrote the books of the Bible were tortured to death for not refuting their visions from God! If that's not significant to you, then keep believing in your conjecture.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuspendedBelief

I said it once and I'll say it again, the Bible is a source, something you do not have! It's credible for lots of reasons, but to me it's credible mainly because the people who wrote the books of the Bible were tortured to death for not refuting their visions from God! If that's not significant to you, then keep believing in your conjecture.

The bible is a source of what? Primitive fables.
The people who wrote the bible were "tortured to death"?
Really? Seems like that was very popular at the time. Your own "god" Yahweh was a sadistic and cruel master who is guilty of numerous atrocities, like genocide and ordering the mass execution off thousands of innocent men, women, children and domesticated animals. How can any thinking person think it is "right" to worship such a remorseless mass murderer?

edit on 28-9-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Oh PUULLEEASSE. Get off your pedestal. Your god "yahweh" who you "worship" is a mass murdering, genocidal psychopath. He has no hesitation to order the mass murder of thousands of innocent men, women, children and their domesticated animals. Your "god" is a monster.

Find me some Bible quotes, preferably from the King James and not the New Age Bible version.

If you are talking about the flood, yeah, those creatures were not Gods creation.

If you are talking about the Passover and the Exodus, God gave those Godless people many warnings to let go of the slaves who did accept God as their creator.

You are going to have to try harder than that when taking stories from the Bible out of context.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

If you are talking about the flood, yeah, those creatures were not Gods creation.

Oh. So there WAS another creator?

Really. I thought there was supposed to be only one. And the whole idea that "we humans" were created "in god's image" is pure stupidity. Why would an omnipotent god, creator of the universe have any need of eyes, ears, nose, and butthole? (unless this being was just like us, a purely physical animal, crawling on the earth, using a mouth to eat, and sensory organs to hunt or avoid predators)

Just goes to show how the "creator god" is an invention by primitive, superstitious humans who created their god in man's image.

edit on 28-9-2012 by bluestreak53 because: additional info

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Oh. So there WAS another creator? Really. I thought there was supposed to be only one.

See, the problem I have with you is you think you know the Bible, but you don't even know the story!

No, there was no other creator. Basically, God sent down some (male) angels (which were at that time in bodies) to watch over us. This group of rebellious angels turned against God by splicing their DNA with those of female humans. Whether or not they had sex is controversial because angels don't have genitalia, or so some say. When the Bible states that these Sons of God saw that the females were "fair," the Bible was stating that they were "compatible" (a Strong's Concordance definition). Proof of this is the resulting offspring, the Nephilim, which was a spliced organism, half human, half angel. Do a Google Image Search for "nephilim."

When this genetically modified garbage came about, God made a prophecy stating that His spirit will only be with man for 120 years. After 120 years, only Noah was "perfect" in his DNA. All other humans God made DNA had been corrupted. That is why God spared Noah.

And the whole idea that "we humans" were created "in god's image" is pure stupidity. Why would an omnipotent god, creator of the universe have any need of eyes, ears, nose, and butthole? (unless this being was just like us, a purely physical animal, crawling on the earth, using a mouth to eat, and sensory organs to hunt or avoid predators)

We were made in Gods image due to the fact that we were given free will. God doesn't want obedient robots, He wants people that genuinely respect their creator.

The fact that man chose to sin over doing good is what damned us. If man can't resist a #ing apple, how can he resist all the other temptations?

Just like reproduction occurs in a woman, spiritual reproduction, known as "multiplication," comes from the father. This is why demons or nephilim spirits are evil. This is also why there is evil in the earth. It's like, God "breathed in" the life of man, meaning God gave us super intelligent code with 100% free will. Once Adam took the apple from Eve, the code became corrupted, sinful. Since spiritual reproduction has to do with the fathers spirit, the corrupted code is passed on to it's offspring. I can provide you with my source if you wish.

This is what resulted in a required atonement, or expungement of sin within man.

Christ was the only one who could do this.

Before Christ took up the human form and died for us, humans would go to a place called Hades. Hence the story of burning Lazarus asking his good brother for a drop of water to cool his tongue. Christ died, took the good souls from Hades up to heaven with him, Hades is now hell. Point is this, if Christ never died for us, we would just go to Hades. This is how Christ brought mankind back to God!

As you can see, there is more to the story than a "hippie dying on a pair of toothpicks." If you really "don't get it," I suggest you stop listening to priests and nuns that wear costumes, and start listening to the "Bible Apologists," like me! Research "Bill (William) Cooper." We don't go to church, we don't wear costumes, we don't babble-on, we just defend the Bible. I can provide you a list of Bible apologists is you wish, but you have to ask.

Just goes to show how the "creator god" is an invention by primitive, superstitious humans who created their god in man's image.

Sounds like you have been watching too much "Ancient Aliens" on the National Geographic Channel.
edit on 28-9-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: I'm drunk.

edit on 28-9-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: I'm drunk

edit on 28-9-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: Still drunk

edit on 28-9-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: what?

edit on 28-9-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SuspendedBelief

All entertaining and full of amusing content. But totally off topic.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'm not even done editing my post. Hold on.
edit on 28-9-2012 by SuspendedBelief because: Ok, I'm done. Need a cig.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Not trying to hijack the thread, just answering questions.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Thread derailed allready...
And you fail...
so you decide what bible to read..
King James is preferd..
So......

Move on peep nothing more to see here....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

And you fail...
King James is preferd..
So......

Wow, I feel inferior to your mad intellect. How long did that post take you to write, like 30 seconds? Whoa man, slow the # down, this is information overload. #.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

And you fail...
King James is preferd..
So......

Wow, I feel inferior to your mad intellect. How long did that post take you to write, like 30 seconds? Whoa man, slow the # down, this is information overload. #.

Que. All i had to do to come up to that
was reading your posts...THAT did take
some time, writing the post didnt

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Anyone watch the movie link I posted?

"Young Age of the Earth" movie link.
www.halos.com...

<< 1  2   >>

join