It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it always like this here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ever since I joined this message board, all I read about is Bush this, Bush that, Cheney this, cheney that.. or Kerry this, Kerry that..

Is ATS always so politically motivated or is it just because we're around election times?

Also, as a second question, why are the political posts not staying in the political forums? I see jabs at bush/cheney and/or kerry/edwards in every post and every forum on this website.. It's getting tedious.. 99% of us already have made up our minds to whom we're voting for and the constant jabs and random news articles is getting old..

Again, has ATS always been this way? Cause if it's just another political forum, and not a "conspiracy forum" then I may be looking at the Exit.

Perhaps the mods need to better apply themselves into keeping the political garbage in their rightful forums. Hmm?

In the words of Kano...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I stay away from those and religious threads 'cuz I end up:
Mostly.
I have to admit that sometimes I get suckered into one of those and then I regret it. My fault all the way and I get what I deserve.

LL1

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here it is...

[edit on 16-10-2004 by LL1]
I lost all the words when I edited to provide a link!
What I had said was:
Perhaps after the election, there will be new topics, and that I had
found something today that was a great read. It was interesting, alarming and disturbing.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by LL1]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've been here awhile.

The political stuff will cool down, but it will still be there. The Mudpit was my playpen growing up here at ATS with nanna Colonel and uncle ADVISOR.

It'll slow down, like I said, but don't expect it to get too slow around the political side.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am just a little confused....... You seem to enjoy the political stuff just as much as the next guy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
When i first joined it was not like this, its only like this now because its election time soon so no doubt it will get worse in the next few weeks, especially the next live debate.

Give it till end of November and it should be ok, until the just stay away form the political forums and you should be safe

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Like everything hot politics are in, yes it will die down after elections now get ready for the "victory' post that sure are going to be around until inaguration.

I love the political threads, but when I started here my favorites were religious and paranormal.

So I have a lot to catch with after all the madness is over

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i hate politics but i always end up reading some posts that i have found from warning tags from members who really care about politics and most are very funny, with all the cursing and personal attacks i enjoy reading some of them.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It was WAY more Conspiracy related when I joined. I have to agree with Marg, its just basically election months hype. Once the winner is inaugorated its most likely going to die down.

But here are a few predictions I made last night:
If Bush Wins: there will be a record low member login rate on that day with all the Dems staying away to avoid the many posts saying that Bush won, and to avoid seeing Herman and Edsinger running around in there boxers yelling Toldya So!!!. There will also be a record number of bannings due to the overexcitement of the Republicans, and the impending Spamming with I Told You So and BUSH WON!!!!

If Kerry Wins: there will be a record low member login rate on that day with all the Repubs staying away to avoid the many posts saying that Kerry won, and to avoid seeing RANT and Nerdling running around in there boxers yelling Toldya So!!!. There will also be a record number of bannings due to the overexcitement of the Democrats, and the impending Spamming with I Told You So and Kerry WON!!!!.

If Badnarik Wins: there will be even smaller numbers than if either of the main candidates won, due to the fact that they would want to avoid the Libs posting OMG!!! WE ACTUALLY WON!!!. NOt many bannings would result from this.

*shrugs*

Edit...There will also be MANY Allegations that the winning candidate stole votes, cheated, and just plan out stole the election. Riots will ensue.

[Edited on 16-10-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

Odd

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The Mudpit was my playpen growing up here at ATS with nanna Colonel

Whatever happened to that guy? I know he was banned, but I missed a month or two there, and it must've been something pretty damn bad if it went above and beyond some of the stuff he came up with in his prime.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
LOL nice predications and analysis, this would probably happen to the "T"

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey, don't forget me.

I'll be baring my draws if Kerry wins.

Photo evidence/blackmail?

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have noticed that there was a decided uptick in the 'bush is an idiot' 'kerry is a commie' posts recently, undoubtedly because of the elections. I also noticed that it seems to involve new posters. I suspect that they will go quiet after the election, well, alright, a week or so after the election, once the recounts are finished and the court cases are thrown out or settled.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
dreamlandmafia

I agree with you, but in my case I probably stick around and congratulate the "winners" and then go back to the old favorites.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hmmm

Perhaps the mods need to better apply themselves into keeping the political garbage in their rightful forums. Hmm?

Well as far as I am aware we are doing this as much as we can at the moment,

But as this is a hot topic in the world right now it tends to effect everything around it,
I.e., current events (Bush.Kerry in the news)
WarOnTerrorism (what�s going on in Iraq and what will happen if Kerry wins etc. lead up to the election,)
Politics (need I say more)

I guess once its all over it will calm down,

LL1

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What's it like in the UK on the topic of the elections??
Are they talking about it alot?
Do they care who wins here in the US

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you don't like the political discussions, just go into individual forums on subjects that you do like. No need to go into politics if you don't care to discuss them. There is a little of everything on here.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
LL1 Yep it�s a big topic here in the UK as well

TV news channels are doing polls like who would you vote ect,.
I really think that every one feels they want a say in this election, which seems kinda strange lol

The polls in the UK show almost equal between Bush and Kerry, though on a skynews poll Kerry was ahead...... 45% would vote Bush and 52% Kerry if they had a chance,

[edit on 16-10-2004 by asala]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Loki is correct, it is the season after all, that time of year.

All the bs will die down after elections, but don't expect it to completely. If you don't like all the politicalness just meander away from it, there is the rest of the site. If there are off topic threads just u2u one of us w/link and it will be reviewed.

For the most part though, I've been silent lately and havn't been active online as much as prefured.

It must be understood that politics are a part of everyday life and is an evil involved in all levels of interaction. Inescapable....

Have you considered being a hermit, but today I doubt politics could be avoided even then.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Loki is correct, it is the season after all, that time of year.

All the bs will die down after elections, but don't expect it to completely. If you don't like all the politicalness just meander away from it, there is the rest of the site. If there are off topic threads just u2u one of us w/link and it will be reviewed.

For the most part though, I've been silent lately and havn't been active online as much as prefured.

It must be understood that politics are a part of everyday life and is an evil involved in all levels of interaction. Inescapable....

Have you considered being a hermit, but today I doubt politics could be avoided even then.

Thanks for all the responses everyone.. I'm fairly new to the site and yes, I have posted a few political threads myself.. for sake of discussion (since there really wasnt much else to discuss).. As for u2u'n mods, I try to stay away from that and let em do what they feel right.. ;p

I joined ats in the heat of elections and wasnt real sure if the politics was a constant thing or an election thing.. sorry if I offended anyone, was just curious is all.

Alot of forums claim to be one thing, and end up being 100% political mudpits.. was just making sure this wasnt another mudpit is all!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join