It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Accidental Psychic, And its Killing Me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
COOL NOW WERE STILL WAITING ON EVERYONE ELSE TO WAKE UP! NICE

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech
reply to post by OneEleven

I was curious if your meditation brought these things on because if that was the case I would not be the least bit surprised.

Hey thanks for taking the time ....

I've never meditated ... I can find my soul behind the front of my forehead without meditation ...

I've never gotten into any mysticism or Hindu or Buddist teachings ... I've never looked into the Book Of The Dead or anything else that people usually look for when interested in this subject ...

That being said, i've never really been interested in this subject ... It's all come to be without any will or want from me ... It just flopped into my 'lap' ...

I probably SHOULD look into this subject, but the problem there is, how do you know who's telling the truth ... You can walk into ANY bookstore and find troves of literature on these subjects, but what qualifies these people to tell you about such things? Which one of them (if any) even know what they're talking about?

I remember hearing Linda Moulton Howe speaking on this subject in videos posted right here on ATS, and i've got to say, the woman is an idiot.

That may be a little harsh. Maybe she isn't an idiot. Maybe she's just misinformed, or maybe she's just relating what she's been 'taught' by someone else who didn't know what they were talking about.

How many of these 'teachers' and 'authors' fall under the Linda Howe category?

I'm very suspicious of 'authors' and 'spiritual teachers' ...

EDIT!!

I retract my statement about Mrs. Howe. She isn't who i thought she was. Maybe people still have problems with her, but SHE IS NOT WHO I WAS TALKING ABOUT in my own statement. I was mistaken.

It was definitely a woman though, and very popular, and she was WELL misinformed.
edit on 28-9-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We all possess these abilities, however very few ever get a chance to experience them.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by herbderpman
We all possess these abilities, however very few ever get a chance to experience them.

The op's experience is nothing special imo, it's just a realization that intuitive powers are real. me and you and everyone has them too, we just choose to ignore the experience which tends to be subtle.

but there are hits and misses, none of us are god and caution needs to be exercised because people can easily delude themselves into believing in something absolute when it isn't true. This is a function of vanity and pride.

When you cross that line and fail to humble yourself, by taking into account experiences and things that tell you when you are wrong and don't listen to other people who maybe telling the truth.

Then you are crossing the line into really becoming a crackpot.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven

Originally posted by 0mage
quit whining.. grow a pair and channel your fear and panick into something else. accept that this is who u are and what happens to you. start writing them down as stories or translated into some sort of novel chapter or passage, a comic strip a painting, music, lyrics/poem anything.

become yourself!

rahahahaha ... this actually made me smile ... your approach was hilarious ... Channelling these experiences into some sort of art is probably good advice, as i am an artist by trade and profession (CHECK OUT MY SIG), but this is one of the problems .... When i get into these , ugghhh, these low spots or whatever, i can't do ANYTHING ... I can't paint, sculpt, or even sketch ... Thanks for the tough love ....

it's only because this sort of thing is comparably scarce or disregarded by the majority of ppl around you that makes u feel different. but ur supposed to feel different.. in fact, it is they who are different from their true human nature. these things are 100% natural progressions of human evolution and u shouldnt feel as a weirdo for it. in fact it is they are the degenerate weirdos. the caterpillars who assume there is no more to life than being a grub and so dont seek to become a butterfly even when butterflies come to them and say i was once like u. i have a way with words i know.

regarding your depressive state. it's totally natural to have a debilitating mental state while your brain arranges difficult or challenging to process information. it will balance itself out and one of the most important things u must realize is not to worry. worry never solved anything if u look at it closely. but a man forging a plan for how he will continue to seemingly heavily deterrent battle conditions will keep on walking. because he knows that if he stops walking he dies and to keep walking is the only way to salvation. imagine he stops in the desert to worry about water instead of using the energy the sun will sap out of him to continue the search. relax, let the break happen. go about ur daily routine and once it all settles you'll find urself back on track with your art.

another truth is.. there is actually great inspiration under the depression. and it may surface at times giving you brilliant ideas and visions to procure in your art. but the depression will act to dissuade you from actually beginning hte process of creation.. letting brilliant ideas slip away procrastinated for another day. altho as i mentioned it is fine to subject yourself to it. it is not fine to 'lose the battle'. u must conquer the depression and not let it swallow u up. since your emotional state is controlled by the thoughts that occupy the majority of your brain resources to a great degree. changing your thoughts can be a great help in battling depression with one of it's opposite and more uplifting emotions. anything that makes u feel powerful over your circumstance rather than a victim of it. sometimes just cleaning the slate by going on a vacation or "thoughtless time" as i may call it. u set aside some time where you will have 0 obligations or responsibilities. u just live for that time and not worry about bills or other life issues. (to set this up properly work hard to pay your bills in advance so u know they wont be a problem during the period). get rid of all things that worry u and live as a person with 0 problems for a while (a couple days, a week a month whatever u can manage). this can help u easily re-access your art. with nothing to do, and no worries. the settling of the mind will allow u now to focus more of ur energies on what u want to do with ur mind and not what environmental factors sway how u spend ur time and what u think about.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech

I was curious if your meditation brought these things on because if that was the case I would not be the least bit surprised.

Hey thanks for taking the time ....

I've never meditated ... I can find my soul behind the front of my forehead without meditation ...

I've never gotten into any mysticism or Hindu or Buddist teachings ... I've never looked into the Book Of The Dead or anything else that people usually look for when interested in this subject ...

That being said, i've never really been interested in this subject ... It's all come to be without any will or want from me ... It just flopped into my 'lap' ...

I probably SHOULD look into this subject, but the problem there is, how do you know who's telling the truth ... You can walk into ANY bookstore and find troves of literature on these subjects, but what qualifies these people to tell you about such things? Which one of them (if any) even know what they're talking about?

I remember hearing Linda Moulton Howe speaking on this subject in videos posted right here on ATS, and i've got to say, the woman is an idiot.

That may be a little harsh. Maybe she isn't an idiot. Maybe she's just misinformed, or maybe she's just relating what she's been 'taught' by someone else who didn't know what they were talking about.

How many of these 'teachers' and 'authors' fall under the Linda Howe category?

I'm very suspicious of 'authors' and 'spiritual teachers' ...

EDIT!!

I retract my statement about Mrs. Howe. She isn't who i thought she was. Maybe people still have problems with her, but SHE IS NOT WHO I WAS TALKING ABOUT in my own statement. I was mistaken.

It was definitely a woman though, and very popular, and she was WELL misinformed.
edit on 28-9-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

your spirit knows truth. learn to listen to it and it will not guide you wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill

I dont think this poster is trying to demonize you but what he's saying is the truth,

What it is consulting with familiar spirits,

Deuteronomy 18:12
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Anytime that someone appears to come to a person as the spriit of a dead relative or individual you can bet your bottom dollar that its not, but instead a powerful fallen spirit that has permisson, maybe not consiously but spirtually to be there. Just because you cant see it doesnt mean it isnt there, their domain is the realm of the mind they are experts almost in deception, they've had alot of time to perfect this spritual predation. You dont have to try to mingle to have the devil try to decieve you, even Christians aren't immune from the tricks you have to put on the full armor of God,

The Bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord I do not beleive that human spirit is able to exist without the body in the physical, this goes for a ghost or any kind of paranormal activity.

Demons , the word is used in a broad sense to describe what these entities are really, theres a complicated spirtual hirearchy, they might seem benign but there is a reason they are dissmissive and do not offer and realistic help, they avoid anything having to do with the Bible, instead they give vauge kind of New Age spirtual advice, the "help" they offer is akin to saying what you want to hear. They keep the visitation short in order for a discerning individual to not pick up on the subtlety of the deception, for instance asking the right questions, like Bill Schnoebelen says, a broken clock is right twice a day.

Watch these videos,

www.youtube.com...

I know that I have never been contacted at any point during my life or in a dream in which an individual claming to be deceased. However I have had many powerful spirtual experiences and know of many that have seen "ghosts". I can only attribute that to my strong willed personality and the Lord im not quick to trust anyone however i've come to get past alot of it in dealing with people. I like to think I have some hands on experience on the subject. They dont need help passing over because the real person's spirit already did thats just vain imaginings, theres only 2 places you can be awaiting judgment, the appointed time.

If you dont believe me ask the Lord to help you see the truth on this matter. I dont deny that there is purpose behind it, just not be what you think. I can provide alot of information if you life.

edit on 28-9-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

if i remember correctly this quote is from the new testament and i have always suspected this paragraph in particular of persuading the masses to avoid attempting to access heaven via the means of instructions found in other holy doctrines. namely eastern philosophies and enlightenment texts. at the end of the day, going to bed and dreaming is a form of divination. meaning it is absolutely natural. utilizing ur 3rd eye is as natural as using both ur arms. who is to tell u that one of those arms should not be used. then why were u created with 2 arms instead of one.

but there is another perspective. it could be accepted as truth if it were to say do not seek these things. seek the Lord and all these things will be given to you through the blessing of the Holy Spirit. either way.. i am 100% certain, that the Holy Spirit provides these gifts of God. so they arent SIN so to speak. i suppose since being granted the gift via the Holy Spirit makes u an agent of balance where essentially. u can do no wrong since ur just going with the flow.

just some food for thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

quit whining.. grow a pair and channel your fear and panick into something else. accept that this is who u are and what happens to you. start writing them down as stories or translated into some sort of novel chapter or passage, a comic strip a painting, music, lyrics/poem anything.

become yourself!

rahahahaha ... this actually made me smile ... your approach was hilarious ... Channelling these experiences into some sort of art is probably good advice, as i am an artist by trade and profession (CHECK OUT MY SIG), but this is one of the problems .... When i get into these , ugghhh, these low spots or whatever, i can't do ANYTHING ... I can't paint, sculpt, or even sketch ... Thanks for the tough love ....

it's only because this sort of thing is comparably scarce or disregarded by the majority of ppl around you that makes u feel different. but ur supposed to feel different.. in fact, it is they who are different from their true human nature. these things are 100% natural progressions of human evolution and u shouldnt feel as a weirdo for it. in fact it is they are the degenerate weirdos. the caterpillars who assume there is no more to life than being a grub and so dont seek to become a butterfly even when butterflies come to them and say i was once like u. i have a way with words i know.

Wow... Glad to see you came back and actually took the time ... ALOT of time it looks like ...

P.M me if you want ... or U2U or whatever it's called ... We could talk about stuff....

thanks ....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

For me it is not a matter of believing one source but checking multiple sources and coming to my own conclusion. I see what you mean, however I'm slowly coming to my own understanding. Thanks for the reply, if you have the time you may get some ideas if you read up on any of that material, it certainly has me thinking in a different direction, outside of your extra awareness and instead helping me see where I fit in.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

if i remember correctly this quote is from the new testament and i have always suspected this paragraph in particular of persuading the masses to avoid attempting to access heaven via the means of instructions found in other holy doctrines. namely eastern philosophies and enlightenment texts. at the end of the day, going to bed and dreaming is a form of divination. meaning it is absolutely natural. utilizing ur 3rd eye is as natural as using both ur arms. who is to tell u that one of those arms should not be used. then why were u created with 2 arms instead of one.

but there is another perspective. it could be accepted as truth if it were to say do not seek these things. seek the Lord and all these things will be given to you through the blessing of the Holy Spirit. either way.. i am 100% certain, that the Holy Spirit provides these gifts of God. so they arent SIN so to speak. i suppose since being granted the gift via the Holy Spirit makes u an agent of balance where essentially. u can do no wrong since ur just going with the flow.

just some food for thought.

Depends on how you look at it, previously I was biased into thinking that alot of the mainstream Christianity rhetoric was a bunch of B.S. I don't come from a christian tradition but I have come to realize that actually there is wisdom and truth in some of those Bible Sayings based on people's experiences with the paranormal though not necessarily from a rigid black and white point of view as most evangelicals see it.

I don't think the text is explicitly saying to avoid opening your 3rd eye, but it is advising caution and prudence because people can and have been easily mislead into believing entities and information that is not necessarily conducive or true.

regarding sorcery and avoiding magic they are also right in the sense that normal people have a tendency to abuse power and become corrupt when doing so. As much as it eluded me I have realized that for christians even doing the devotions and christian prayers is a path to opening the 3rd eye while doing so in an ethical way that is protected by channeling the energy of successive christian ascended masters and of course Jesus.

For the christian faithful there really is holiness and sanctity for the devoted and those mystical aspects are real imo, but the belief that other traditions cannot come with similar results is where they are being mislead.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Don't worry, a lot of people are havin these troubles..

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I would make the intention to try and teach others themselves how to heal instead of healing them yourself. I would also never try and touch anothers' soul or believe I can. It's great and tempting to rescue or heal others but it is a greater thing to be able to teach people how to rescue themselves.

Healing others only makes people dependent on the healer, everyone needs to learn how to do this for themselves if they choose to pursue that path. It is also why your mental door is open and others can just walk in. It's like having a hospital sign anyone might see and respond to. If you would have a police sign on your spiritual house, you'd get souls who would seek revenge or justice. Have some kind of art gallery sign, you'll attract the poetic souls, the artists. Having a sign which states your house is like a dojo, you'll get the fighting souls or those who want warfare. There are many different signs and each attracts different kinds of spirits. If a spirit doesn't believe the sign you created then it isn't good enough yet.

In the long run, infinity that is, it's better every soul can take care of their own and be selfsustaining instead of having a mass of souls being held together in an illusion sustained by a few powerful souls.

Personally my advice would be to shut your mental door and save it for later in life. Try and understand these spirits should have said those things themselves when they were alive which they now want you to hear or convey. You are giving them your time while they have no right to it at all, they had their time and chances and they blew it now they want you to clean it up for them. They should be patient and wait until whoever they want to reach has moved on themselves. They need to learn how to affect change by telling themselves things instead of depending on another and their reaction. Don't feel sorry for them, it's not your doing they had to move on, that they didn't say the things in life they now feel they should have. You might have an oppertunity to do something and it's your choice to do so but then don't ever complain it's killing you. If you really want to continue then you should be doing things which gives you something in return, like a greater understanding or at least knowing how it flopped into your lap.

You have a wife and kids, they deserve and have a right to your time while these spirits have absolutely none whatsoever, not even in dreams (if anything you should dream of your kids). Your kids need your guidance to get through life, these spirits already lived their lives. Investing in your kids you get to see your investment and enjoy it, the world will become a little bit better, invest in the dead and unless you can teach others in this world your efforts will not contribute anything to making this world better.
edit on 30/9/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: typo

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Seems like nothing more than uncommon nightmares and basic human intution to me. Talking to dead/dying friends/neighbours/relatives in dreams is nothing unusual. Naturally if we know a relative/friend/neighbour is dying or has died stress will envelop our bodies and this stress can lead to dreams of a catharsis nature, were within the dream one can communicate with the dead/dying relative leading to emotinal comfort, dreams of this nature being most common in the grieving stage. Sometimes these dreams can actually lead to more grief and discomfort. Wether this is the brains way of relieving a emotional stressor on our bodies or a paranormal experience is up to you, im leaning towards the non paranormal. The dreams were you communicate with dead strangers sounds like your bonified nightmare, which would explain your immense discomfort experiencing them..

Your claimed psychic ability sadly sounds nothing more than common human intution or concidences.. we all go through that akward phase were we have a dream or a thought about the future that comes true and suddenly consider ourselves psychic boffs, infact that happened to me when I went to sleep the night before a big soccer match, dreamed of my team mate scoring a spectacular unique goal and it happened! I began to believe we all had a untapped psychic ability.. however after some time I began to realise I was only focusing on the specific pre-emptive parts of my dreams that came true and twisting details of my dream to make it come true and not the sections of my pre-emptive dreams that were wrong! Your police dream for example was distinctly different to what happened in reality, but you have blocked out the incorrect parts and only recalled the percieved correct parts

In conclusion, dont take your dreams and human intution too seriously.. Its a sad path that can lead to one falling off the deep end believing they are somehow special or psychic but never being able to prove so as naturally, all their dreams are about 'insignifigant daily events'

edit on 30-9-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by therovers

Your claimed psychic ability sadly sounds nothing more than common human intution or concidences.. we all go through that akward phase were we have a dream or a thought about the future that comes true and suddenly consider ourselves psychic boffs,

Yes and No, I disagree in the sense that I believe that psychic ability is real there are many instances of phenomena that happen that are far beyond coincidence but the level of intuitive ability varies among people, the vast majority of people and every person on this forum is not at such a grand level, and nobody is god. In that sense I agree that a good number of misses are not accounted for when people focus too much on the hits.

I also agree a bit of salt needs to be taken, people who take this kind of stuff too seriously tend to fall off into the realm of the 'crackpot' and delude themselves into believing absolutely in things that are potentially false.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by therovers

Originally posted by redrezo

Originally posted by therovers

Your claimed psychic ability sadly sounds nothing more than common human intution or concidences.. we all go through that akward phase were we have a dream or a thought about the future that comes true and suddenly consider ourselves psychic boffs,

Yes and No, I disagree in the sense that I believe that psychic ability is real there are many instances of phenomena that happen that are far beyond coincidence but the level of intuitive ability varies among people, the vast majority of people and every person on this forum is not at such a grand level, and nobody is god. In that sense I agree that a good number of misses are not accounted for when people focus too much on the hits.

I also agree a bit of salt needs to be taken, people who take this kind of stuff too seriously tend to fall off into the realm of the 'crackpot' and delude themselves into believing absolutely in things that are potentially false.

I agree with both of you actually ... In any case other than my own, i would be extremely skeptical as well...

Where i can't agree is with where these opinions (which i share) fit with my own situation ...

I have regular dreams as well ... There are tell tale signs that distinguish these psychic experiences from an every night 'dream' ... and thank GOD FOR THAT, otherwise how would i know the difference?

So there aren't any misses ... Every precognitive dream comes to fruition, everytime ...

We're talking maybe 60 or so precog dreams for every 365 normal nights ... It isn''t as if i'm some child that's confused by what happens when i go night night ...

And at first, around 10 years ago, i DID dismiss many of them as coincidence .. But when you learn that the people around you aren't having these experiences, and most times even the people around them aren't having these experiences, you catch on ...

And i also wouldn't call it 'special', because i believe that ALL human beings are capable of a certain level of psychic intuition and precognitive abilities, but it's definitely rare amongst the general populace (of which i am a member) ... Special ? No. Uncommon? Yes.

If you're not one of the people experiencing these things, i'm sorry, but i really don't feel like it's anything to be upset about ...

I don't think it makes anyone 'not special' just as much as i don't think it makes them 'special' ... It just is what it is .... Some of us have Blue eyes, some of us have Brown ... Some of us dream the future on occasion, and some of us don't ...

I can't do 40 pull ups (although i havn't tried in a while) ... If you can do 40 pull ups, and i can't, does that make you special?

Besides, it isn't the precognitive dreams that are the problem .. Well, maybe the root of the problem ..

The problem is, and the reason i posted was, the way it's affecting me ...

It's got me spending time thinking about things that i really don't understand ... WAY too much time ...

There's almost no room for creative process, because my mind is constantly going back to what if's and why ... And it's wearing me thin ...

No super powers. No lottery numbers. No psychic detective work. No apocalyptic visions.

Just, whatever it is ......... is ....

that is all ...

Thanks for taking the time guys.
edit on 2-10-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Linda Moulton Howe is on the George Noory Coast to Coast show that I told you about.. (The Radio show, that goes from midnight to 5am in the morning..); Moulton Howe normally discusses things about Earth Circles and UFO's and the like; she rarely gets into psychism issues if you know what I mean.

I totally agree with you about one thing though, that the problem is attempting to discern who might be honest authorities on this subject; it's not academic yet, it's not even scientific yet and so indeed it's not easy determining who are the right people to turn to. I will tell you one interesting thing though: I once met a psychic who had worked for the FBI (for 11 years!!) helping them solve murder mysteries or crimes in general-- I was really impressed by his experience and well, for what it's worth He had told me to look into literature by Colin Wilson-- He seemed to have liked this author; Some psychics take their work very seriously and most professionally so don't despair;

edit on 2-10-2012 by tony9802 because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tony9802
I once met a psychic who had worked for the FBI (for 11 years!!) helping them solve murder mysteries or crimes in general

A psychic in the FBI ? This guy was nothing special ...

rahahahahaha ... Just kidding of course ... Just echoing sentiment ...

Thanks Tony .... again ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join