It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many found this famous quote to be true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” This is an old quote from Winston Churchill. I used to be A democrat when i was young, as i got older i educated myself and am not quite a Republican but I'm definitely not a Democrat. I would describe myself as a Truther? No I'm not an Independent. I hate lies PERIOD. I just have been adding up the lies over the years and the Democrats lost me.
Has this been true for anyone else?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I would say for the most part that statement tends to be truthful however I believe it is trumped by 21st century logic that says if you blindly follow any party you are an idiot.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have seen this in many people I know, yet for me it was the opposite.

I was raised by a couple pretty staunch conservative Republicans. So I really had the idea that liberals were all a bunch of tree-hugging hippies.

I have grown so much personally over the years, I guess I find myself in a place where I am more of a centrist.
I wish I could talk politics with my dad, but after I told him what I felt about Sarah Palin, he kinda thinks I'm a hippie now and doesn't engage me in political discussions. Probably for the best.

I sure hope people change with experience and age, otherwise you are missing the point.
Good Thread by the way. S&F.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Great thread and question. So simple but
its very thought provoking.
Now granted I'm biased but...
I am a little worried about your math skills
if you think the Dems have lied to you more.
Well unless you were in a coma from 2001 to 2009.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You mean stuff like this?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I believe he said ... scratch that I am absolutely sure he said ...

Originally posted by sealing
Well unless you were in a coma from 2001 to 2009.

I think he was simply making to the point that both sides lie their butts off on a regular basis. Please see my comment above.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was pointing out the fact that the Democrats were screaming about Iraq's WMD's and something had to be done but they were afraid to upset their Fairytale base so they pushed Bush into it, then lambasted him afterward about there being no WMD's as if they never thought there was any WMD's. They still are actually.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Excuse me. I'm a fool and didnt piece that together.

The point still remains that both sides lie for their own gains and rarely, if ever, have the true interest of the people in mind. Belonging to one party or another is just plain stupid if you ask me. I do tend to agree more with one side ... actually that really isnt the case at all. I tend to disagree with one side more than the other so I tend to vote accordingly. However by no means do I align myself with them and the very second I start to either disagree with them more or agree with the other side my vote will sway. I will not be holding my breath though.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hence my original post. I added up the lies as best i could and the Democrats lost me. I am not affiliated with either party. I am a Truther. Which does not exactly exist but it might make a better party than the ones we have now.

new topics

top topics

join