It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else considered this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm sure many people have thought of this before, but I have never seen any threads pertaining to it, so I figured I'd go ahead and ask for your opinions on the matter.

Has anyone else considered the possibility that the entire 2012 prophecy/beginning of a new age thing could be manufactured by a secret world government that wants to effect a major change in society in the near future, and knows it would be much easier if they get everyone waiting on the edge of their seats, ready to jump through the first door that opens?

Think about it. Maybe the MSM has subtly implanted the idea of "Big shift - Dec 21st 2012" into society's consciousness intentionally. For example, all these shows that have been popping up on the History Channel to do with 2012 and the Mayan Calendar, especially in the last few years. Now if there really WAS a genuine Mayan / I Ching / Timewave Zero prophecy that the elite knew about (I'm fairly certain they would be much more privy to occult knowledge than anyone else on the planet, so I'm pretty damn sure that they would know about it) wouldn't they be working diligently around the clock to suppress it? If there was going to be a big shift in consciousness that threatened their status, do you think TPTB would actually want you to be prepared for it? I think not.

And just for the record, I'm not trying to convince anybody that this is what's happening. I don't know if this is true or not and don't even have an opinion. I'm just asking what everybody else thinks of this theory. So lets keep it civil and discuss calmly. These threads have a tendency to rustle people's jimmies, especially in this particular sub-forum.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Consider my jimmie unrustled

I believe I have read this idea on here before but don't hold me to it. I am curious what you think the government could possibly be planning to spring on us. Are you talking about the US Government or all of the country's leaders as a whole?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
I am curious what you think the government could possibly be planning to spring on us. Are you talking about the US Government or all of the country's leaders as a whole?

I don't know for sure what it could be, as I mentioned I don't really have any subjective opinions on the matter. When the idea first hit me I figured that it could just be a really big distraction/deception campaign that has been planned for decades. As for the second question, I don't know. I'm not really interested in beating off my opinions in this thread, I'm more interested in getting input from others.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've considered that possibility quite a bit, actually. By no means am I certain of it (nor am I certain of an actual 2012 shift of one sort or other), but there has been a bit more attention paid to this by the MSM than, say, Sasquatch or UFOs. To me, that is telling; if there is no credence to it, why pay any attention to it at all?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yea I've read it here before. People say "they" are saving that date to enact project blue beam and kick off the NWO under a unified religion.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokomotiv23
I've considered that possibility quite a bit, actually. By no means am I certain of it (nor am I certain of an actual 2012 shift of one sort or other), but there has been a bit more attention paid to this by the MSM than, say, Sasquatch or UFOs. To me, that is telling; if there is no credence to it, why pay any attention to it at all?

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Why have television stations, and even bookstores, been pushing this whole thing so hard during the last few years? I remember when the History Channel used to be a wholesome educational station. Why are they pushing all this stuff now? Doesn't seem legit to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What I believe most likely to be true is that they HAD been trying to keep these ideas secret until the advent of the internet. At a certain point, it became to hard to contain information any longer and they changed gears. Part of the changing gears involved flooding the internet with disinformation (as we all know). The other part is similar to your idea, which would be to try to steer people a certain desired direction.

Think of it this way. Look at the internet as a flood and TPTB as the dam. You can only reinforce a dam so much. At a certain point it is going to either breach or break. What else can you do besides reinforce a dam? Divert the water the direction you think is best! Its the most logical thing to do if you are in power and want to keep it that way.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Just saying they are probably making alot of money off it that is for sure

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I wanted to tie into this thread. I have two older books about mysteries and I am going to check them for the Maya calendar. If they reference it which I think they will. It is only because the media needs distractions and entertainment that they have latched on to it.

Do I think something could happen sure but what if it happens a week after or a month before?

Will we still blame December 21, 2012? Or Credit the Mayans as predicting such an event?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
cool thread...I do biblical prophecy and have watched the mayan date for 35 years or more....from a prophecy and Scriptural message point of view, a wrinkle is added to the2012 date and deception is up for the first turn at bat! The date ties in history strongly, and the good old US foundation, even.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I think I have read someone stating this connection before or something very similar.

I can't buy into the time-wave zero thing or the shifting of anything or the nwo stuff. And the alignment creating problems is just untrue.

If anything, the date is approaching so we'll know for sure soon enough. Come 12/21/12, I think it will pass without incident and a new date for doom or enlightment will pop up.

Some believe it will be the return of an ancient alien race. That would be cool. Unless they're bent on our destruction. Then that would be very bad. ;P

Cool thought for discussion though. =)
edit on 26-9-2012 by kisharninmah because: to add the winkie face

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Y2K money madness i would assume. I wish i could go back in time and study the stars like they did with a crystal clear night sky. They did not have x-box or internet so i would assume they spent a lot of time staring at the night sky. Maybe they saw the coming and going of era's/events by studying the night sky. Maybe they knew something we don't.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

That's a legitimate question Xaphan, and worth pondering.

I know for a fact that I've been reading about the 2012 mayan prophecy for nearly 20 years in various new age magazines. There was only one guy writing books about it back then, but I can't recall his name unfortunately. That's too many hits ago

From my perspective, the end of this year and projecting in to next is not a simple case of the unfolding of a NWO agenda or some type of spiritual ascension awaiting us. There are many factors at play here and they are all interconnected and interwoven. My prediction is Gaia will kick our ass first before anything else happens. She's had enough of our BS.

Peace

* Ned

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole, OP. Surprised you haven't stumbled upon it before. Yes, it's been discussed here and there -- both on this site and plenty off of it.

The 2012 craze supposedly started in the mid or late 80's, I believe. One of the bigger pushers was Jose Arguilles (sp?) and I've heard a lot of speculation about that guy being CIA or some kind of disinfo agent.

A lot of people tie this notion in with Project Bluebeam. Some people think they're planning a fake second coming, or a fake alien invasion. Or otherwise some catastrophe which will give them good cause to "rally us all together" for our protection, maybe killing off a few billion in the process...

It's a pretty wild idea, but some of the supporters seem to have some circumstantial evidence in support. Now as to whether they may be misinterpreting that evidence, I can't entirely say. But this is an interesting subject...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What suprises me the most about this thing is there is not only an exact date, 21st Dec 2012, but a time as well, 11:11gmt.

We have a date, time and endless ideas about what is could be. Is there a exact location in question? Is there some place that is supposed to be the epicenter of all of this?

Back to the OPs question, this may be something so big, so intense that no matter what the general population does, they won't make it. TPTB could be rolling the dice with themselves too. Will a bunker 2 miles underground save you from some of these things that people are talking about? Maybe, maybe not.

Of course, I can see your way too.

1. TPTB creates a problem.
2. People freak out, demanding help.
3. TPTB step in, exersize complete control over everything.
4. Soylent Green served for everyone

Point is, all of this might not matter. Bunkers, TV shows, MSM, false flags.... If it gets half as bad as some think it might, warning or not, your not going to make it..
edit on 29-9-2012 by jough626 because: extra thoughts.... typos

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by lokomotiv23

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Why have television stations, and even bookstores, been pushing this whole thing so hard during the last few years? I remember when the History Channel used to be a wholesome educational station. Why are they pushing all this stuff now? Doesn't seem legit to me.

It might be interesting to dig into the History Channel itself. I'm not sure who originally said "History is written by the victors", but it has often been attributed to Winston Churchill. We know it is true that the victors write the history, I think we have all see plenty examples that they edit the history as well. It seems like a logical extension that they could use that edited history to alter perception of historical accounts and evidence. While the History Channel is presenting some of the more "far out" things the MSM is presenting snippets of the same things thus adding credibility in many peoples minds to what the History Channel is presenting.

"I saw something about this on FOX, CNN (or whatever other source) so there must be something to it" is the way I think many people interpret what they are fed. While I won't 100% discount the possibility of it I don't personally expect anything to come of all the 12/21/12 stuff.

I do expect something very big coming soon , but more mundane stuff though. Economic collapse could come at any moment and a shift from the "petrodollar" to other means of payment for oil could make that happen very quickly. WW3 would come for economic reasons far more than any of the other propaganda they are spoon-feeding us in a feeble attempt to justify it. We will be in Syria soon, will something there be be the trigger for a rapid escalation of conflict, who knows but it can't help matters?

new topics

top topics

join