It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Governments rescind the Noble Lie of religions?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
You should only worry about your own beliefs. Why can't you just be fine with your life without worrying about what everyone else thinks? If someone wants to believe in God, or follow any religion, it does not hurt you one bit.

Actually it does if their "god" wants them to kill you because he is not YOUR God.

Killing is against the law already and people kill with or without religion. Religious freedom is part of a free society, like it or not.

Yet those who do not want to support it are not free to get their hands out of our pockets thanks to tax exemptions.

Where is our freedom from religion?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Greatest I Am, you come across as an intellectual somewhat devoid of emotion.

You've stated repeatedly here that you are a "Gnostic Christian". I find that to be somewhat of a contradiction, as "true" Christianity is a practice of love, which is a measure of the heart, not the seeking of some knowledge which is a matter of the mind.

I do disagree with the organized and institutional aspects of modern religion, but I find your "version" of Christianity somewhat suspect. It seems to more closely resemble what you hear from the Masons on this site (which makes sense)
As well, you seem to have no problem telling others with a contrary opinion here that they are out of touch with reality... YOUR reality maybe.

You haven't provided any evidence that "your" version of what you seem to think is "real", is.

We are all free to believe in what we want though, and it should stay that way.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
Greatest I Am, you come across as an intellectual somewhat devoid of emotion.

You've stated repeatedly here that you are a "Gnostic Christian". I find that to be somewhat of a contradiction, as "true" Christianity is a practice of love, which is a measure of the heart, not the seeking of some knowledge which is a matter of the mind.

I do disagree with the organized and institutional aspects of modern religion, but I find your "version" of Christianity somewhat suspect. It seems to more closely resemble what you hear from the Masons on this site (which makes sense)
As well, you seem to have no problem telling others with a contrary opinion here that they are out of touch with reality... YOUR reality maybe.

You haven't provided any evidence that "your" version of what you seem to think is "real", is.

We are all free to believe in what we want though, and it should stay that way.

If you Google Gnostic Christian you will see that we are not Christian in the sense you know.
That is why when Constantine bought the then Orthodox church, the kill Gnostic Christians and burned their scriptures. They missed some and that is why we know that there were many and varied Christians and Gnostic Christians in that day.

Beliefs lead to actions.
Are those below free to believe and promote the activities they do?

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

Promoting death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Society is still uneducated and gullible. Throw in naive too.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

I agree and that is why I am offended by governments who lie to them even if they see their lie as a Noble Lie.

That is also why I think our children and gullible adults need government protection again con men and flim flam artists.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

I agree and that is why I am offended by governments who lie to them even if they see their lie as a Noble Lie.

That is also why I think our children and gullible adults need government protection again con men and flim flam artists.

Regards
DL

Since when has the government really protected anything?

No, i think the best protection is to force people to not be stupid. Darwinsim. This socialized, nanny state that our world is embroiled in only supports the intellectually weak and those with no will power. Two traits we should allow to die out are being supported, even treated preferentially.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You should only worry about your own beliefs. Why can't you just be fine with your life without worrying about what everyone else thinks? If someone wants to believe in God, or follow any religion, it does not hurt you one bit.

Actually it does if their "god" wants them to kill you because he is not YOUR God.

Killing is against the law already and people kill with or without religion. Religious freedom is part of a free society, like it or not.

Yet those who do not want to support it are not free to get their hands out of our pockets thanks to tax exemptions.

Regards
DL

You are free to be religious or not. All charitable arganizations have tax exemptions: religious and secular. The right answer is not to ban religion, but to do away with the progressive income tax that grants exceptions and loopholes. A VAT tax or a flat, low income tax rate that covers everyone and provides no exemptions at all. The problem with out enormous tax code is that people use it for social engineering and that is how you get exemptions for everyone's pet causes.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Regards
DL

Since when has the government really protected anything?

No, i think the best protection is to force people to not be stupid. Darwinsim. This socialized, nanny state that our world is embroiled in only supports the intellectually weak and those with no will power. Two traits we should allow to die out are being supported, even treated preferentially.

I think that governments are doing O K on other protection fronts, food and drug etc,, but they are afraid to step up and tell the truth about religions. Not surprising considering the power they have allowed the churches.
Some countries seem to be doing just that.
Just not the U S from what I hear but I looked up some stats and the U S does not seem to be doing that badly.
Perhaps I am hearing election rhetoric.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Regards
DL

You are free to be religious or not. All charitable arganizations have tax exemptions: religious and secular. The right answer is not to ban religion, but to do away with the progressive income tax that grants exceptions and loopholes. A VAT tax or a flat, low income tax rate that covers everyone and provides no exemptions at all. The problem with out enormous tax code is that people use it for social engineering and that is how you get exemptions for everyone's pet causes.

No argument on your view of taxation but churches get around that non-profit easy enough by just dumping the $$$$ into better life styles and perks. Look at that Crystal Cathedral and other overpriced church buildings.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

(Sam Kineson) Just where does it say in here that I said build a water slide!?!?!! (Sam Kinison)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Meaning?
If any.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The crystal cathedral is a work of art that a non-profit church worked on. Leave it be. It is a part of our cultural heritage that such things should be invested in.

I don't understand those who object to the church being a non-profit organization, in that they are only spouting things that relate to a belief system - something that is simply in your head.

As for the activities of the church: There are public schools that are run by churches, there are hospitals all over the planet run by churches and there are charitable organizations (working for and with the poor), all over the planet.

It is people who take the philosophies to trial who are foolish, IMHO.

That isn't to say that there aren't problematic believers - but if you were to govern believers with clauses as to what they are allowed to believe, then atheism should be governed as well, on behalf of those who say their morality is greater just as a result of being atheist.

As for rescinding religion - it is freedom of thought and expression. If people wish to believe in something atheists call a lie (ie the existence of "God"), why should an atheist be concerned? Isn't belief in the non-existent God, in and of itself a waste of those people's money and efforts?

Flim-flam artists should go whether they are atheist or not. What do the flim-flam artists do to force payments of money? There are plenty of flim-flam artists in the corporate world as well - and they don't necessarily cater to any particular religion either.

Religion is not government business - unless it is a cause for civil trouble.
edit on 11-10-2012 by sensibleSenseless because: last line

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensibleSenseless
The crystal cathedral is a work of art that a non-profit church worked on. Leave it be. It is a part of our cultural heritage that such things should be invested in.

I don't understand those who object to the church being a non-profit organization, in that they are only spouting things that relate to a belief system - something that is simply in your head.

As for the activities of the church: There are public schools that are run by churches, there are hospitals all over the planet run by churches and there are charitable organizations (working for and with the poor), all over the planet.

It is people who take the philosophies to trial who are foolish, IMHO.

That isn't to say that there aren't problematic believers - but if you were to govern believers with clauses as to what they are allowed to believe, then atheism should be governed as well, on behalf of those who say their morality is greater just as a result of being atheist.

As for rescinding religion - it is freedom of thought and expression. If people wish to believe in something atheists call a lie (ie the existence of "God"), why should an atheist be concerned? Isn't belief in the non-existent God, in and of itself a waste of those people's money and efforts?

Flim-flam artists should go whether they are atheist or not. What do the flim-flam artists do to force payments of money? There are plenty of flim-flam artists in the corporate world as well - and they don't necessarily cater to any particular religion either.

Religion is not government business - unless it is a cause for civil trouble.
edit on 11-10-2012 by sensibleSenseless because: last line

Yep that crystal cathedral sure looks to the welfare of the poor. Just like Jesus said that Christianity should.
While Mother Theresa spend charitable donations on religious retirement homes and lets the dying of her center sleep on wooden slats just off the floor for their dying breath. Jesus would be proud.

All this while those who do not care for religions immoral position that they preach be it a political issue or not are subsidizing a tax free entity.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

Promoting death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.
Then again, you don't care about your fellow man unless he is in your immoral club.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join