It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Governments rescind the Noble Lie of religions?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

These lies were and are given to insure social harmony in an uneducated and gullible population. Our Governments lie and allow liars to lie to us of the supernatural, fantasy and magic.

Governments learned a long ago that religions were a good tool to use for social manipulation and control. Governments allowed and encouraged belief in fantasy, miracles and magic, the opium of the masses, and have lived with the drugged up population and religions.

Governments, with this noble lie, have maintained the current idiocy of immoral teachings within religions and have caused much unjust discrimination and denigration of innocent populations of Gays, women and many others, for just doing what we now see as moral.

Do you think we have matured enough as a people that we can now rescind the laws that protect religions and gives them a tax haven and legitimacy?

Are we intelligent enough to not need these lies anymore?

Can the population take our real reality or is the Government just going to let the flim-flam con game of religions to continue to damage the mental capabilities of the citizens in our country?

Flim-flam and con artists are subject to the law of the land. --- except for religions.

Can the population of take the truth?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Governments should do nothing but stay out of the life of the people and simply administer a few (very few) needed public programs, all else called Government should go!

As far as religions go I believe when people finally mature...maybe someday...they themselves will throw them all out!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You should only worry about your own beliefs. Why can't you just be fine with your life without worrying about what everyone else thinks? If someone wants to believe in God, or follow any religion, it does not hurt you one bit.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
You should only worry about your own beliefs. Why can't you just be fine with your life without worrying about what everyone else thinks? If someone wants to believe in God, or follow any religion, it does not hurt you one bit.

Actually it does if their "god" wants them to kill you because he is not YOUR God.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is the same arguments gun-control advocates use when someone dies from a firearm.

Ban all guns.

And, um, no.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Politics has absolutley no business using religion to bring in any moral type stuff/laws. I have no problem with people who are religious, personal beliefs should be just that, personal. But when it encroaches into world politics, you're looking at some real messed up stuff. I can't get a drink in the UK after 11pm on a sunday because of it. Shops were unable to open at all on sundays until recently, because of religion. And wars, many wars have been started over whose god is harder than anothr god. It's retarded, quite frankly. Things like that get on my moobs. Religion has no place in politics, and visa versa.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Actually it does if their "god" wants them to kill you because he is not YOUR God.

So, is it your theory that religious extremists would become peaceful in the absence of religion? I would posit that those who want power and desire war would find another reason to keep on killing those who are different.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Religious expression is a fundamental human right.

There are hundreds of different spiritual belief systems, only a few wield power over large numbers of people like the Roman Catholic Church, for example.

For many humans religious or spiritual beliefs systems are very important, if you see no value in spirituality then have none in your own life and leave it at that.

That said, I am not a religious person, and many things about the corrupt institutions that peddle the offer eternal life in return for subjugation make me angry to the core.

But I still think that the freedom to personally choose what we believe in is a human right.

To me most of the problems that are attached to religion stem from the 'troublesome three' - Judaism, Islam and Christianity. When I hear somebody complaining about religion it usually has something to do with one of the above and their institutions, teachings and control systems. And I usually agree, except that these three are not representative, IMO, of all spiritual beliefs that human beings foster, although of course, their proponents would have you think otherwise. What about Buddhism for example? What about Hinduism? What about the diverse practices of native and indigenous tribal peoples everywhere who have managed to fend off missionaries and hold to their own sacred beliefs?

edit on 26-9-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So, is it your theory that religious extremists would become peaceful in the absence of religion? I would posit that those who want power and desire war would find another reason to keep on killing those who are different.

There may be another reason(not what this thread is about) but yes without religion their would be NO religious extremists.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

There may be another reason(not what this thread is about) but yes without religion their would be NO religious extremists.

How about 'cultural extremists'?

Many religious extremists are culturally motivated also.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Former education offical for the US Gov, and whistleblower Charlotte Iserbyte points out that the game is about making us stupid. Or, rather, keeping us uninformed.

If you have ever wondered why kids seem more dull than in years past, like the educational system wasn't doing its job....because it is designed to not work. It isn't the teachers who are involved, but the structure put in place to befuddle them and counter any positive measures they may take.

From a social standpoint, do you want everyone highly educated? if so, how do you pay them to flip burgers for you? Yes, it is nefarious....but the "noble lie" is called "noble" for a reason: it provides structure and order in the esteem of "them".

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I just posted some relevant information about religion here: (you have to read through a lot, though, to reach this point, but it might be worth it):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a complete commentary on the meaning of the video Heliofant's "I Pet Goat II", and it explains much as well as what religion (at least the bible is a commentary on).

Originally posted by Rycas
In the New Testement of the Christian Bible the apostle Paul in his letter to the church at Ephesus said "that our battle is not with flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and aginst the forces of evil in the heavenly realms". He knew almost 2000 years ago about this inter dimensional war and the beings behind it!

Originally posted by sensibleSenseless

In fact, if one were to read Isaiah, the whole argument between him and TPTB, jumps out at you. He is a strong believer in the bible, and the Quran and the Bhagavad Gita - all of which he says are useful in the end-times. As for the seeming opposition of the Bible and Quran - he reasons that they are read differently and that his understanding detracts from the way others interpret the texts. He analogizes the views presented as the theory of relativity of Einstein works. They are different views on the same situation from within different frameworks - and so cannot be directly resolved against each other.

edit on 26-9-2012 by sensibleSenseless because: additions

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
An impossible task without mass genocide. I would keep The Ten Commandments in any event.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

www.youtube.com...

These lies were and are given to insure social harmony in an uneducated and gullible population. Our Governments lie and allow liars to lie to us of the supernatural, fantasy and magic.

Governments learned a long ago that religions were a good tool to use for social manipulation and control. Governments allowed and encouraged belief in fantasy, miracles and magic, the opium of the masses, and have lived with the drugged up population and religions.

Governments, with this noble lie, have maintained the current idiocy of immoral teachings within religions and have caused much unjust discrimination and denigration of innocent populations of Gays, women and many others, for just doing what we now see as moral.

Do you think we have matured enough as a people that we can now rescind the laws that protect religions and gives them a tax haven and legitimacy?

Can the population take our real reality or is the Government just going to let the flim-flam con game of religions to continue to damage the mental capabilities of the citizens in our country?

Flim-flam and con artists are subject to the law of the land. --- except for religions.

Can the population of take the truth?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

You are confusing GovernMENT with GoverNANCE

GovernMENT has no business regulating morality (or lack thereof)

GoveNANCE absolutely does, and as such is a step towards tyranny. Governance is the government micro-managing it's way into every conceivable aspect of your life and acquiring control of it (sound familiar?)

Some will disagree with that. That's fine, you still have a right to disagree. For now....

Also, if you are willing to allow the destruction of what we currently have for "religion" you have to accept that same power can and likely will, destroy what YOU believe in. Whatever that may be.

You can't pick and choose.

Still interested?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yes, and yes. We as a people are mature enough, and by this time all of us should in fact be able to see through the lies and mythology of religions, and how they tend to control the very thought process of many people, including some who are in charge of government. I have always said that if a preacher says a word about politics or a candidate for president from the pulpit the church should lose their tax free status, and I strongly believe churches should pay property tax, as they own the primmest real estate in town in most cities and towns.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Yes, and yes. We as a people are mature enough, and by this time all of us should in fact be able to see through the lies and mythology of religions, and how they tend to control the very thought process of many people, including some who are in charge of government. I have always said that if a preacher says a word about politics or a candidate for president from the pulpit the church should lose their tax free status, and I strongly believe churches should pay property tax, as they own the primmest real estate in town in most cities and towns.

Ahh, the human ego. We always believe we have "acheived" something, as if to convince ourselves that we are something a little more than mere monkeys in suits.

The world is still only 2 paychecks away from living in caves. We have achieved nothing but a persistant illusion of "civilization".

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The religious invented government. Government has always been heavily influenced by religion. I use both words in their broadest sense. Even those who reject religion have been influenced by it. Your culture(s) have been influenced by it- as religion is part of culture. You can potentially get enough people to agree with you to legislate religion away and lobby for it. However, you'd ultimately lose. You'll never get people to give up religion. In fact, if one goes by the broadest of definitions for religion (and some are quite broad and encompassing) then one could say that the irreligious often in fact believe and engage in things that could be defined as religious in nature.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

I have noticed so many atheists enjoying their Christmas day off with their children. And my "Patel" doctor is never open on Christmas, or Easter.

religion is an institutionalization of a meme.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yes, all governments of the world should finally state that all religions on this earth were created by man to control and manipulate the population into certain viewpoints & behaviours.

Then the governments should provide disclosure on alien visitation and advanced ancient technology.

The way to a bright future does not involve religion or racism as these only bring us closer to extinction.

Education and science is the key to reaching our goals and the sooner religions are exposed as the manipulative stories that they are, the quicker we may be able to recover from our downward spiral.

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Or, we go the other way, everyone becomes their own religion, everone gets tax exempt status, everyone can invoke the first amendment to protect their behavior, not just speech, everyone can have the safety shield of it's my faith even when presented with facts, and everyone can be happy and equal.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join