It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs were created by Satan???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Someone was saying that maybe dinosaurs were created on earth by Satan after he was expelled from heaven to earth. So satan arrived on earth and then, as he mimics all of Gods creations, he somehow created dinosaurs. Which is why they were more like monsters, and also why they didn't last.

It's possible he thought the dinosaurs could take out all of Gods animals. Like a rivalry, but they weren't able to and eventually died off maybe in the food.

It was an interesting theory, what do you think?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't think so.

I think bears and lions and sharks are monsters too.

Basically any large animal that can kill me is a monster.

G*d is the creator.

He just made some creatures a little more scary than others.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

My opinion? That is so completely absurd that I don't even have words to properly describe the nonsense of that nonsense.

link   

Originally posted by r2d246
It was an interesting theory, what do you think?

Its not interesting.

edit on 26-9-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

link   
Satan doesn't create anything, he only lies cheats steals and destroys. kinda sounds like a lot of politicians.

link   
What do I think? lol...Well, I love your avatar pic for starters! I was vacationing in Florida several weeks ago and I couldn't get that pic out of my head when I was swimming in the ocean. It was freaky. Haha

BTW...I'm exactly 1 day older than you! (12/9/1975) Lol

As far as the discussion question I have to say it's the stuff of legends. I had a religious upbringing, probably more consistent with the time than kids of today. The older I have gotten the more I believe in math and science, than bible stories. It would be great if someone was looking out for our souls, but then again, being a good person, caring about others, and worrying about my own soul is all part of the human condition. A condition brought about by millions of years of evolution (IMHO). I think the only place God or the devil exists is in ourselves...
edit on 26-9-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

satan made dumb people who invented gods and devils

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Dino's were not created by Satan. In fact, they're not reptiles, that is just a myth. They have more vascular system in their bones than a bird, therefore are very hot blooded. If anything, they probably had feathers not fur, and were fanatasy birds, when earth was not even here in this lower frequency place, it has been moved.

The only reason some fundamentalist Christians believe the Devil was involved in dinosaur bones (not the dinosaurs themselves) is because they think the earth is only around 6000 years old and think there is nothing outside of the bible.

They think the devil planted dinosaur bones to trick us.

My ex husbands family is like that and was very upset when I was watching David Susuki and told them my uncle knew him at university. When I found out there were people who thought like that I told them icebergs were very old, they weren't frozen ocean, but frozen precipitation. Their children were taken out of the real schools because of the devil science programs. And consequently would need a lot of retraining if any wanted to be nurses, paramedics.

To me it was child abuse to think like that.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The bible actually mentions dinosaurs as gods creations.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hmmm.

Science doesn't agree with my faith on something.

There can only be one logical explanation.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The WORD Dinosaur (Dinosauria - "Terrible" & "Lizard") did not exist before 1842 and the term was coined by comparative anatomist Richard Owen.

Richard Owen

Prior to that, when fossils were discovered, guess what they were called...........Dragons!

Now, where else have I heard that ol' Dragon name before?............Hmmm
edit on 26-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
The bible actually mentions dinosaurs as gods creations.

Really? No one knew what Dinosaurs were back when someone wrote the bible, is it some vague, subjective reference or...?

Anyway, to answer your question OP, it's complete bollocks.
edit on 26-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
No... Namely because “SATAN” is a rank in the Book of Job not an actual entity, Lucifer has propagated fear in something that is not real. There is no Satan only Lucifer, whom creates nothing nor ever will as he/she/it is merely an interloper and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Satan is an imaginary being created by xtians in order to frighten little children and those with minds of little children into complience in order to obtain money from them.

If you honestly believe the nonsense you proposed as an explanation for life on earth then you seriously need to psychologically grow up and learn to read.

If you still insist upon believing that this Satan character is in fact real, then unfortunately for you your brain will seriously need to go into hyperdrive as the Bibles (the source of xtian nonsense) quite clearly state that the bible god yahwhe/jesus created evil.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

My mommy always said there were no monsters, no real ones, but there are.

Yes, there are, aren't there.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The Co-Existence of Humans & Dinosaurs (1 of 4) - Dr. Don Patton (30 mins)

pt. 2 of 4 (30 mins)
pt. 3 of 4 (29 mins)
pt. 4 of 4 (10 mins)

There were some dinosaurs aka dragons on noah's ark and some small numbers of them still exist today in some remote parts of the world.

If people aren't too biased by Kent Hovind's content (which seems to have nothing wrong with it) then I would suggest this video

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I believe that dinosaurs were genetic experiments. Before the flood apparently the people were just as advanced as we are today. They had angels counselling them on all sorts of technology. The dinosaur bones don't test proper for carbon 14 because before the deluge there was water in the upper atmosphere blocking UV rays from creating the isotope. That's why carbon dating is only accurate for things after the flood. God wanted to destroy the abominations on the earth and start anew.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It's possible he thought the dinosaurs could take out all of Gods animals. Like a rivalry, but they weren't able to and eventually died off maybe in the food.

For the very simple fact that a good majority of dinosaurs were either straight Herbivores or Omnivores, I doubt it was intended to combat God and/or his creations.

I think, more simply, the biological evolution is enough to account for the presence of dinosaurs and the like.

Edit to add: The timeline also makes this highly unlikely. As the main story of Jesus and the God Head was established (I'll be generous here) perhaps 10,000 years ago. Whereas the dinosaurs died out millions of years earlier. How could a figure invented 10,000 years ago be responsible for the creation of a species that died millions of years prior to the invention of that particular boogeyman?
edit on 26-9-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

The way the test dinosaurs age is based on a flawed system. Read my post above and do a little research on c14 dating. The reason the show so old is because of the minute amount of c14 , not because they are that old but because it wasn't there to begin with.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kronix

I will do some more research on C14 as I know it can be controversial to some.

However, you base your information on C14 from a biblical perspective. I do not believe in Angels/Demons nor the great Noah's flood, so your post really doesn't offer anything of weight to me.

I will take your advise on research however.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join