It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia, Tasmania, Stowport UFO Mass Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

FLASHING lights in the sky have lead to reports of an unidentified flying object in the Stowport area. Several local residents have contacted The Advocate with photographs of the lights which featured some unusual behavior. Flashing, darting from side to side and straight up in the air, they were a sight to behold. And even more concerning was when they disappeared altogether before reappearing in a different location.

Thought this was interesting Someone Commented and said:

Wow, actually came to the advocate looking to see if this had been seen by anyone else. Only thing is I saw it near Julius River, which is quite a way from Stowport.

Source:
www.theadvocate.com.au...
Julius River is about a 2 hour drive from Stowport

About Julius River
www.exploreaustralia.net.au...

A And B location Map
goo.gl...

History of sightings in the area

Tuesday 28 July 1953

A STOWPORT mother and her three young children were fascinated by a "flying saucer" which they kept under observation for about 10 minute's late yesterday afternoon.

more trove.nla.gov.au...

3 January 1972 22:30

Stowport, Tasmania, Australia - Unidentified objects were sighted, but with appearance and behavior that most likely would have a conventional explanation. Three objects were observed by five witnesses for over 20 minutes (Bradley).

source: thecid.com...

My sighting a week before

I have witnessed something similar over Wynyard.
A red light that completely darted across the sky and before that it was in the south. then reappeared going east.

My step son nearly got a photo of of it but it was to late.

I will keep you all post when I find out more infomation

edit on 26-9-2012 by amraks because: More Content.

edit on 26-9-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 26/9/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's impossible to identify what it is, or eliminate what it isn't with this low res, long exposure.

IRM

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
How long of an exposure....?
i was thinking if this was taken at the usual 125 th it was some faaaastz moving item!
reminds me of the Texas UFO of more recent vintage in Stephensville.....sic
The show is very similar if the the camera was set at normal speed....
there is little argument on the UFO definition, though.....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I will contact the owner of the image for the original and we can take a look at the shutter speed.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
c'mon, these are just dead satellites, or home grown space debris, that have lost the battle of earths gravity...what? you think UFOs have vapor sprayors on board to give humans a light show?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
c'mon, these are just dead satellites, or home grown space debris, that have lost the battle of earths gravity...what? you think UFOs have vapor sprayors on board to give humans a light show?

Debunking this with the idea of dead satelites, shows you only look at the photos and not read what witnesses seen.

Explain how one object can appear in one location then quickly appear in another location?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's impossible to identify what it is, or eliminate what it isn't with this low res, long exposure.

IRM

True, but you can identify what it clearly is not. That should narrow the field quite considerably...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Reminds me of Dorothy Izatt's videos.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thanks for them links I have never researched her.

But am watching a video.
She is saying there is vivid projections in her photos, Well in the Stowport photo there appears to be a map of Australia.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

IRM

True, but you can identify what it clearly is not. That should narrow the field quite considerably...

Not really, because we can't tell whether:

A. The object was moving and the camera was stationary, or

B. The object was stationary and the camera was moving.

edit on 9/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Good point! 2nd.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It looks like rocket/ missile contrails to me. Either a launch and winds blew the contrail, or a launch and a malfunction.

BTW- lights in the sky for me are- lights in the sky. I dont get excited unless it's a pic of a ship (which usually end up being hoaxes.... but I wait for a real pic).

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
CGI swamp gas causing a lens flare that looks like a weather balloon creating chemtrails, or not.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Interesting testimonies. Hard to ignore statements like that.

My only gripe is that out of so many witnesses, all that has surfaced is those poor quality pictures.

Sounds like some advanced technology too me though. Look forward to seeing more evidence.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That's exactly what the Stephensville, TX lights looked like a few years ago

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Will be getting in touch with lady tonight to find out more about it.

From the information I have gathered about her I am assuming she is a primary school teacher.

Also I highly doubt missile launches in Tasmania.

Also before I go harassing this poor lady who has had the misfortune(because really who wants to be annoyed by ufo nuts lol) of taking these photos. I have contacted the advocate, I am waiting to see if they have permission to give out the real photos.
edit on 26-9-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The second one looks like its through a window and i can see a faint person with a camera for whatever thats worth.

top topics

join