It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will WWIII be fought with Squirt Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just read this article. I don't know if this is alarming or funny or what to make of it really.

news.yahoo.com...

Japanese coast guard officials said their ships fired water cannon after the Taiwanese fishing boats and government patrol boats violated Japanese territorial waters and ignored warnings to move out. After shooting water back, the Taiwanese boats left Japanese waters, they said.

Maybe all wars should be fought this way in the future. With water cannons. I am sure there is still a possiblity of someone getting hurt or killed but it certainly would reduce casualties significantly.

edit on Wed Sep 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

"I know not with what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
water guns and tickle mittens me thinks so that no one upsets any radical religions !

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It wouldn't work. Ever see a water jet machine. A few advances in that technology and we would be cutting people in half with squirt guns.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by QContinuum

"I know not with what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

With all due respect for Einstein, he did know with what weapons WW3 will be fought, he was part of the invention.
And if it comes to a follow up world war(4), i think we already surpassed the tribal and local wars with sticks and stones and found ways and technology to connect the world globally (if you want a world war) and which also ushers new or reinvented weapons like missiles and airplanes..New inventions/technological breakthrough and weapons go hand in hand..
edit on 26-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Way to over analyze a statement that contains a simple and clear message.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Could you imagine the arms race involved in that? Would it be like Total Wipeout for the next installment?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

No.. he didn't know. Perhaps there would never be a nuclear world war and we would have moved on to a more destructive weapon system by the time we had a third world war.

Einstien 1
You 0

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

No.. he didn't know. Perhaps there would never be a nuclear world war and we would have moved on to a more destructive weapon system by the time we had a third world war.

Einstien 1
You 0

Ok that's true, he was not aware of eventual new weapons nor of a war after The Second, although he made it until 1955 we were pretty much into the Cold war about to be WW3.
He did pressed Roosevelt for building nuclear weapons, he wrote him a couple of letters to do so. But assuming that a next global war is fought with sticks and stones is not well thought of.
nitpicker out

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is my kind of battle! I hope we can make water ballon canons!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

Originally posted by QContinuum

With all due respect for Einstein, he did know with what weapons WW3 will be fought, he was part of the invention.
And if it comes to a follow up world war(4), i think we already surpassed the tribal and local wars with sticks and stones and found ways and technology to connect the world globally (if you want a world war) and which also ushers new or reinvented weapons like missiles and airplanes..New inventions/technological breakthrough and weapons go hand in hand..

not to make you sound dumb or anything.

that saying is meant in the way that he foresaw the weapons being bad enough to put us all in the stone age. therefore ww4 would be sticks and stones.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I hope everybody here has a super soaker for when thae Zombies attack!

new topics

top topics

join