Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Old Farm House Experience

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I am going to share a story from when I was a young teen about a paranormal experience. I am sharing it in the Gray Area because I do not have any photos or "proof" and the house this occurred at is gone, to my complete dismay. I am sorry this has gotten so long, but I wanted to give the full story of what led to my creepy experience, rather than just tell the experience.

This happened when I was about 14 years old. A friend of mine, we will call her Amy, lived out in the woods. Near her was a farm house we had heard was haunted. We had gotten into playing with Ouija boards and basically anything of that sort that we could get our hands on. We had an older friend who was really into the stuff too, and she had told us she went to this farm house and used a Ouija board with her friends and all kinds of spooky things happened. I can't remember anymore what those things were.

We decided we were going to stay at my friend Amy's house with our friend Rachel. Rachel's family was Wiccan and she had different crystals, candles, and a Ouija board for us to use. We planned on sneaking out after Amy's mom went to bed and going to the farm house which was about a mile away on foot.

So, we all met at Amy's house and waited for her mom to go to sleep. Rachel suddenly decided it was a terrible idea to bring the Ouija board to the farm house and refused to go. Amy and I begged Rachel to go with us, but she flat out refused and we went without her. We walked down the gravel road toward the farm house. I remember it was a really cold night and I had to borrow two sweatshirts. Even though it was cold, it was a crystal clear night. There was an old factory between the farm house and Amy's house. The factory wasn't in use anymore but they still kept it locked up. We had to climb over the gate entrance to the factory and walk through their parking lot and land. At the end of their land was an electric fence about waste high to keep wild life out. We had no idea how to know if the fence was on or not, so we carefully climbed between the large area between the wires.

Thinking back now, I have no idea what the heck we were doing. Trespassing on two private properties, jumping gates and climbing through electric fences. We were idiots, haha.

Anyway, we got through all of the obstacles and finally made it to the house. It was a two-story house. It was like a rectangle standing on its end; tall, and straight up and down. There was a huge tree with a tire swing, two large sheds/garages, and an old VW bug with all the doors open. There were toys and trash scattered all over the place.

We started by walking around the area and we came across a mound of dirt near the only tree in the yard. It was circled by stones. We teased each other that it was a grave, but it was probably just a dead flower garden. We walked over to the car, which as I said, had all of its doors open. I might add that the house had no lights, the car looked abandoned, and the whole place looked abandoned, so we weren't afraid someone lived there. Anyway, back to the car, it was full of paper. The back seat and both front seats were stacked with random papers. The paper looked like it had just been thrown in the car as it was not in piles by any means. The only thing other than paper in the car was a 1st place baby contest trophy. It was too dark to mess with looking at the papers with our flash lights so we just left them.

We assumed the house was probably locked, so we decided to check out the sheds next because their doors were open. The first shed was typical. There was a lawn mower, more kid's toys, usual garage stuff. The second shed we couldn't actually get into. It had what I would call a half door, and it was tall. We had to find something to stand on to look inside of it. There was an old car with probably 10 years worth of dirt on it and nothing else. Then we shined our flash lights on the walls. The walls were covered in spray-painted writing. For the life of me, I cannot remember what the walls said. I just remember it was weird. The messages didn't make any sense. This actually creeped us out a little and we left the shed.

We decided to try and look in the windows of the house. We stepped up on the tiny porch and looked in. It was too dark to see anything. I tried the doorknob and it actually opened. We stepped into the house and we were in the kitchen. To our right was an entry way which led to a small dining room and a staircase. We shined our lights around the kitchen and we both stopped on a wall. The wall was largely splattered with a reddish-brown color. We wondered if it was blood and we inspected the wall a little closer. There were multiple small holes in the wall and we decided they were bullet holes and the substance was blood. Really, I have no idea what the stuff was, but it was weird. The refrigerator was an old model from the 50’s or 60’s. It too was splattered in this brownish red substance. I opened the fridge and there was rotten food inside. The smell was terrible.

I cautiously looked into the dining room and found more of the same holes in one of the walls but no splatter. I really wanted to go check out the upstairs but neither of us could get up the nerve to do so.
We walked out of the house and we heard something that spooked us and we took off running back to her house. When we got back, we told our friend what we had seen and she tried to blow it off. She agreed to go back with us in the morning when it was light. Before bed we tried to mess with Ouija board but it didn’t do anything interesting.

We finally decided to go to sleep. Amy had a small twin bed and she shared it with Rachel. I opted to sleep on the floor because I can’t sleep if I’m squished. We turned the light out and everything was quiet for a couple of minutes. I was lying on my back on the floor with my feet pointed towards the ceiling. Suddenly, something grabbed my foot and shoved it into the floor. I sat straight up and started yelling at my two friends to knock it off. They swore up and down they had no idea what I was talking about. I didn’t buy that for a second, but I dropped it. I lied back down on the floor in the same position but this time I kept my eyes open so I could catch which one was messing with me. The room had a big floor to ceiling window that took up most of a wall so there was quite a bit of light in the room from the flood light coming through the _ I lied on my back watching and waiting. All of a sudden my foot was grabbed and shoved to the floor again, only with more force. Neither of my friends had budged. My eyes were on them when my foot was grabbed. I got up screaming and flipped the light on. My friends were tired and completely annoyed with me at this point. They were sure I had made it up. I refused to sleep on the floor and I sat at the end of the bed crying. There was no way I wanted to be on the floor with whatever was grabbing my foot. I kept the lights on all night and I didn’t go to sleep. They did go to sleep because they thought it was a joke, but I sat waiting for whatever it was to come back.

Cont..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
That next morning, when my friends woke up, we decided to go back to the house. I was a little apprehensive because of what had happened to me but I was also dying to see more. When we got to the house we started showing Rachel what we had seen the night before. We looked more closely at the papers in the car and I believe they were mostly bills. We took note of the name of the baby contest trophy, though I cannot remember the name. We also noted the names on the papers. We did a bunch of internet searches with the names later, but the internet wasn’t that great with info back then and we never found anything.

We took Rachel into the house and showed her everything. She was still skeptical. We were arguing about whether the house was haunted or not when we walked out of the house. Rachel stepped off the porch and onto a stone step. I looked down at the stone she was standing on. It was a headstone. I can’t remember the dates on the headstone but I remember it was a man named John. Rachel kind of flipped out a little and wanted to leave. I don’t know if someone was actually buried there by the porch or if it was just a headstone. I remember the death date was fairly old. It is possible the family had replaced the headstone and kept the old one I guess. I’m not sure how that works. It made us wonder about the mound near the tree with a circle of stones, though.
I think that is the whole story, though I could have left something out. It was a long time ago. Thank you for reading if you made it this far! As I said, I have tried to revisit the house a couple of times but it is gone and they have built a new house on the lot. I even tried to see if Google maps had an old version with it, but it does not.

I don’t know if something followed us back from the farm house, or if the Ouija board worked better than we thought. My friend lived in a brand new house, though I don’t know anything about the land it sits on. I would love to hear your theories.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

no names, no dates, no times, no case. sorry!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

Well, that is why this is in the Gray area and not the paranormal forum. I said as much in the first paragraph.

The year was 2000. The time? At night sometime and then the next morning....not that the time matters much as far as I know.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Hello again tport17!

I'm glad you finally told us the whole story. I've been anxious to hear it since you mentioned the foot grabbing incident in that other thread. Very spooky story!

It sounds like something/someone followed you back to your friend's house. I guess you can consider yourself lucky that whatever it was didn't decide to keep following you around and was content to bug you just for the night!

Good story! S&F for you!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thanks for reading! I'm glad it all stopped that night as well. Two foot grabs was enough for me!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
reply to post by tport17

no names, no dates, no times, no case. sorry!

Weird cause I just read someone's personal memory of an experience they had.. Didn't realize she was trying to prove anything in court..

As to the OP you just creeped me out. I have a farm house experience of my own. It wasn't abandoned per se, it still had a working tv with cable, but my aunt had built a modern house on the same property as the old log cabin farm house.

not so many people go in there. Well I was in there watching TV with my little brother. this place has 2 rooms downstairs and an upstairs that is just empty.. the way upstairs has a door that has an oldschool simple wooden latch, that you cannot close from the inside (upstairs side).

All the sudden their was a thud upstairs. I looked at where I heard the sound (area on ceiling), and then at my brother who was also looking at the ceiling. Next I looked at the door and it was closed so no one could be up there.

then more thuds..

Like Boom, Boom, Boom... I could see the floor indenting everywhere I heard the noise. It was like in those cowboy movies when the sharrif walks in slow and deliberate sort of stomping his heavy boots. It was like that, like someone was up there and walking over to this corner that if memory serves is really creepy. I think it may have had a rope tied up in the corner, but my memory of what was actually there is faulty. But something hanging there.

We counted to three and ran out, only to realize that the TV was left on. We had to go back, which we did about 30 minutes later and nothing further happened.

I told everyone there about it and they told me it could be raccoons on the roof (which would be another layer above the top floor while I saw the top floor bending down as the heavy boot sounds walked across.

Your story actually makes me feel less scared about mine

I wonder If when your foot was grabbed that maybe some ghost was trying to get your attention. Maybe it had unfinished buisiness and thought maybe you could help. Could have wanted someone to know the truth about it's death or something?
edit on 9/26/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Thank you for sharing your story! Farm houses always give me the creeps. The one I visited was in the middle of a corn field. It really makes you think of Children of the Corn!

I don't know what/who grabbed my foot. If it was something that followed us back from the house I wonder if they were were annoyed with us being there and wanted to annoy me back. Maybe they did want something.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Great Spooky Story, I gave you a star and flag for it. quite an experience for a teenage girl. I think many people have supernatural experiences while children and early teens, I remember myself having things happen I did not understand, and had no frame of reference to. As for the Ouija board, many people attach supernatural qualities to them, but mostly they are just a novelty. I have only known one person who could successfully use one, she had been well schooled by her Grandmother, a Witch of may years. Joyce used the board to talk to Ghosts, and I have sat there and took notes while the board worked it's magick. This was not novelty board now, it was home- made, and very detailed, with all of the Planetary, Alchemical, and Astrological symbols, and a lot of other symbols. Remember, this was many Moons ago, and my memory fades sometimes. I have never seen the store bought ones work, and don't think they really do anything.

On the other hand, I fully believe you about the house being haunted, having seen a few haunted houses, and living in one for 9 years, I have more than a little experience in these matters. A Ghost cannot hurt anyone. But they can scare a person into hurting themselves. A few are strong enough to move objects, ring bells, open doors, etc. Not all can do this. Some Ghosts are Earthbound, that is, they refused to cross over, or have unfinished business here. Some Ghosts, if my Grandfather is an example, can not only come back to this plane, but can do all sorts of things that Ghosts normally cannot do. I do not know everything about the Land of the Dead, having never visited there and being able to remember it. I do know that when one becomes a ghost they revert to 33 years of age, the nominal Spirit age, and all health problems are gone. You don't have to use a restroom, eat, or drink, unless of course you want to.

The Ghosts that haunt have an agenda, and it is usually protecting their old home place. I would love to visit that farm house, if it still stands. Thanks for brining this! Auto

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for the info on the Ouija boards. I have only used store-bought boards owned by other people and I have only seen one work once. At a party a group about 10 of us used one. Each person was supposed to ask a question in their head and then see if the board was right. Going down the line, it was right every time. It never made it completely around the circle because when it got to one of my best friends, her question was really personal and the answer she got made her burst into tears and we put the board away.

As far as the farm house, this story happened in 2000. I went back with my current husband when we started dating in 2009. Like I said above, the house was in the middle of a corn field. When we drove by in 2009 the corn was too high to see any house. I got him to drive by again sometime in 2010 when the corn had been cut and there was no house left, only the tree. It has been torn down. When I looked at Google maps when I made this thread I found there was been a new house built in the same spot.

Believe me, I wish it was there as it was in 2000. I wanted to revisit the place with a Ouija board. There are a couple of other places in my area I would like to visit with a Ouija board, but my husband refuses because it creeps him out.
edit on 26-9-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. It is a shame that you could not do more research into the names of the people from the farm house, and what the holes / splatter were. However, if a brand new house was built over it it is always possible that something sketchy happened in the old one.

My thoughts are that there was a murder of sorts that either wasn't reported, or wasn't followed up properly with clean up methods. If a ghost was trying to get your attention to tell you about their death then it makes sense that perhaps something was not reported.

The car doors were open, and tons of papers were in the car so it's possible someone was trying to leave in a hurry. The fact that the house was abandoned, in a hard-to-get-to location, and there was still odd substance and rotting food in the fridge support this theory as well. Perhaps someone murdered one (or more) person in the house and made a quick escape - though I am not sure why they would not have taken the car.

The other thought is that the intruder shot at them, but missed (which explains the bullet holes without any splatter). The victim then ran to their car and tried to get in, but this doesn't explain why all the doors were open. They were then brought back to the house where they were ultimately murdered.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostx
Thank you for posting this. It is a shame that you could not do more research into the names of the people from the farm house, and what the holes / splatter were. However, if a brand new house was built over it it is always possible that something sketchy happened in the old one.

My thoughts are that there was a murder of sorts that either wasn't reported, or wasn't followed up properly with clean up methods. If a ghost was trying to get your attention to tell you about their death then it makes sense that perhaps something was not reported.

The car doors were open, and tons of papers were in the car so it's possible someone was trying to leave in a hurry. The fact that the house was abandoned, in a hard-to-get-to location, and there was still odd substance and rotting food in the fridge support this theory as well. Perhaps someone murdered one (or more) person in the house and made a quick escape - though I am not sure why they would not have taken the car.

The other thought is that the intruder shot at them, but missed (which explains the bullet holes without any splatter). The victim then ran to their car and tried to get in, but this doesn't explain why all the doors were open. They were then brought back to the house where they were ultimately murdered.

Hey, thanks for the comments!

Here is what has always been weird to me. It definitely seems like someone was in a hurry to leave, due to the food, the mess, and the car. The weird thing about the car is that piles of papers were stacked in the back seat and the driver's seat. The passenger seat was clear and I actually remember sitting in it while looking through papers. In fact, in my memory, I feel like the whole car was full and spilling over except that seat. So, if someone was trying to make a get away in the car, they were going about it awfully wrong.

Secondly, the town this happened in has a population of about 9,000. Everyone knows everyone and you can't get pulled over for speeding without the whole town knowing.

My husband believes the secret murder theory, but I'm just not entirely sure. It is possible of course, but I'm just not sure.

This happened in 2000, before Facebook and all of that. We tried to find info on the names we found but back then it was a lot harder to find a person's personal info online, unlike today when people will post anything online. From what I remember, we just came up with some yellow pages and that was about it. I remember trying to figure out stuff about the baby trophy but it lead us nowhere and we eventually gave up the whole thing.

Edit to add:

As soon as I posted that I remember something else. We were going to try and do some kind of library search of old newspapers, etc. But we gave up on that because you had to be 16 to even enter the room where they kept the stuff, or have a parent present. We weren't interested in involving our parents for obvious reasons.
edit on 5-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join