It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you were a child under the age of 13 did you ever experience a paranormal event?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
When you were a child under 13 did you ever experience a paranormal event, such as an alien tappin you on head as you were sleeping, or a angel with wings descending on you, or hearing a beautiful feminine voice calling from the darkness. What experiences do you recall that to this day in moments of silence you swear to yourself were real and happened.
edit on 26-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I strangely have a memory of being in a cot with a small evil clown approaching me.

I've always had a fear of clowns.

I actually started exploring this memory further the other day, and I'm continuing to explore it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yes, I had an OOBE while I was awake. I was at school in the morning holding the door for my classmates to go through when out of no where, I was out of my body and hovering over the whole gym. Probably for 2-3 seconds, and I returned to my body. I'll never forget that experience and to this day I still haven't figured out how to do that again.

I was afraid of the dark too, and needed some light.. and even when I had light I was still scared because I could see things take shape and form at night. Also when I was about 3-4, my mother told me I used to tell her I could see beings in the room with us. And I would describe them. I have no memory of this but she said I did so *shrug*.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well, there was one event that happened when I was about twelve, in which I saw a person floating in the air in front of me. I recently described that in a post on another thread.

Before that, there are these stories about me that have circulated in the family for a long time, but that I do not remember!

Apparently I used to play and laugh in my crib at night for hours. One day my mom had a friend over that was a psychic/medium, and she walked into my room at night to see why I wouldn't sleep. She told my mother that I was playing with the spirits of babies that were not born yet.
She went back into the room and announced outloud that I needed to get to sleep and they would have to leave now.
I immediately went to sleep and did so every night after that. There was no more problems with me not sleeping at night.
Or so the story goes.....

There was also "the funny man" which I used to see when I was four, and would laugh and point at the air and say there was a man who was doing things to make me laugh. I used to see him a lot, and no one else could see him. My mom went to see a psychic again and this one told her that it was the spirit of her great uncle (who died before I was born ). He used to really love kids, and was known for being quite a clown with them. The Psychic said that he was there because he was guarding the soul of my little brother.

My mother argued- I had no little brother! The reply was, you are pregnant with him now.
Turned out she WAS. The day she went into labor, as her and my father were getting ready to go to the hospital, I came out upset and claiming the funny man was crying! I never saw him again.
It may or may not be relevant to the story, but my mother tried many ways to lose him while pregnant. Besides me, I had a younger sister who was severely mentally retarded, and my mom could not handle the diea of having another baby to take care of. All her attempts to avort failed though. He might have needed a protector?

There was other stories of me seeing people no one else could, but I don't honestly remember any of it.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
While home alone I saw an elderly woman come down the stairs, walk across the room, then go up another set of stairs.

Another time I was walking my dog and up ahead in the road was an old man in a white suit just standing in the middle of the street with his arms behind his back like he was waiting for me and a woman in a white dress came into the street from the left side to stand beside him. Wouldnt have been so odd save for the fact that it was along an old fire road with no homes on it. The dog, who barked at everything and everyone, didnt seem to notice the couple standing in the street. They both just watched me for a moment then I turned around and walked the other way. They were gone when I looked back.

To this day I wonder what would have happened if I continued to walk toward them. Gives me chills just thinking about it.
edit on 26-9-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes, eating potato chips(crisps for y'all 'Mericans) when I put it down on the floor, picked it up again and they were sealed...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I remember being 6 or 7 years old, and taking a shower and seeing a human shadow moving past the shower curtain. It was a very distinct figure. I called out because I thought it was my mother, even though the shadow was much taller than her. When I pulled the curtain back, the doors were still closed, and nobody was there.

There was no excessive steam from the shower (I was like 6.. lol) and nothing else that I can see looking back could have caused this. That's all. =)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I've had paranormal experiences my whole life. From full form apparitions to things that fly across the room and dreams of family members deaths before they happen. We had to move our fooseball table to the storage shed because it plays by itself and it scared people. My husband tells me I'm a magnet for weirdness.

We have done cleansings to rid ourselves of the scariest things, we have moved a few times, etc. to no avail. The crazy stuff eventually finds me. I've just learned to live with it. It comes and it goes, and there have been MANY witnesses to the weirdness over the years. I've lost friends because they are scared to come to my house. I just figure the Lord won't put anything on me that I can't handle and leave the details to him.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The strangest experience that I have a lasting impression of happened when I was twelve years old. One night I was in bed asleep, I had a digital alarm clock on an end table next to my bed. I woke up and the clock was moving very fast. I watched as minutes and hours sped by in seconds. It seemed as though I blinked, and then the sun was rising. I remember the hour beginning at 2-something, and I watched for about 10 seconds as the clock passed 5- something. I blinked, and the completely dark room(except for the red digits on the clock) became lit with the dawn sun. It was, and still is a quite vivid memory of a vivid experience. It seemed clear to me that I watched not a malfunctioning clock, but rather hours passing by in seconds while a device that measures time corroborated it.

I don't know if this is considered a "paranormal" experience, but to me it has always been one of the strangest things I've ever experienced.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
At around that age I had a huge fever of 106 went to the hospital even and they gave me a spinal tap (worse pain ever!).

Just before that I either hallucinated or developed mutant phasing powers as I remember I kept putting my arm up to the shoulder at some points through the wall in my bedroom. Of course before that is all the fantasy stuff a kid comes up with. That just seemed very realistic and an actual event instead of my imagination…

Does that count?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
At around that age I had a huge fever of 106 went to the hospital even and they gave me a spinal tap (worse pain ever!).

Just before that I either hallucinated or developed mutant phasing powers as I remember I kept putting my arm up to the shoulder at some points through the wall in my bedroom. Of course before that is all the fantasy stuff a kid comes up with. That just seemed very realistic and an actual event instead of my imagination…

Does that count?

I had the exact same hallucination with a high fever as a kid. As soon as I told them that, I was in an ambulance. I still remember it clear as a bell.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
At the age of 3 there was an event where everything around me went white.

It was like a huge bright flash of white light inside an apartment that lasted 5 seconds.

Since then a rapha (plural:Rephaim) spirit has occupied my body.

At the age of 13 i saw my future in an ink bowl vision without even knowing it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
At about the age of 5, I used to wake up in the middle of the night and hop in my parents bed, not sure why. Anyhow, my parents bedroom was adjenscent to mine but as I got to my bedroom door, I would always look down the hall and see white/grayish semi transparent people walking around, up and down the hall and through the walls, never paying attention to little me "who was petrified btw".

It was as if I was walking into a whole night time secret community that my parents didn't know about. I remember them gliding across the floor with such ease, they seemed at peace and i knew they had no intention to harm me. But being so young, scared, I just needed to hurry to my parents room before any of them saw me. So I would close my eyes so very tightly, and make a run for it across the hall and jump into bed with mommy and daddy. And never once did I asked my parents who they were. Not sure why, as I saw them ALL the time.

Looking back today, my thoughts on all this are that being so young and spiritually open, I truly believe that I was seeing people from the "Other Side". Perhaps, people who had crossed over who were distant relatives or friends, or no one I knew. But I would give anything today to see that again.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yes many at a young age - events were frequent in my life. Mostly to do with out of body, lost time, but also abduction like experiences, and paralysis - I reserve judgement as to what was and continue to go on.
I have shared some of my experiences on ATS it is somewhere in my started threads, I might come back later on to share some more.

Always an interestic topic

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
At the age of 3 there was an event where everything around me went white.

It was like a huge bright flash of white light inside an apartment that lasted 5 seconds.

Since then a rapha (plural:Rephaim) spirit has occupied my body.

At the age of 13 i saw my future in an ink bowl vision without even knowing it.

Interesting explain a Rephaim in your understanding and are you saying you are the rephaim or are the you before the event sharing space in your body with one?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When I was around 7, I remember once seeing "cartoons" around people, when I got older I realized these were auras. And at around the age of 10 or 11 I had my first premonition. Had an entire conversation with my brother right before we had the actual conversation, right down to the exact words and actions.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo

I had the exact same hallucination with a high fever as a kid. As soon as I told them that, I was in an ambulance. I still remember it clear as a bell.

Yeah, I remember thinking..."Well that's not normal..." And yelling at mom "Hey are you suppossed to be able to put your arm through a wall?" And then getting dunked in an ice bath and then finally rushed to the hospital!
edit on 26-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Ever since I could remember, when the lights went out, we were in bed and the minute my eyes would adjust to the light I could see the clothes in my closet moving. If I slid the closet doors closed, I could faintly hear them moving. To this day I have a weird sort of tic about closing open doors (closets, cabinets, drawers, etc).

And for some reason, when my sister and I would play...she would always get mad at me 'cause I never talked for my pretend characters. I did it all in my head. I'm not sure if there was a reason or an event that could've precipitated that...but to this day, I'd rather hole up in my head than actually converse with other human beings.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
First memory of the paranormal was when I was around 5 yrs old. I had hands (they were warm and not cold) try to pull my feet/legs out of the bed. My bed against the wall facing another wall so whatever was trying to grab me was coming from the wall. I managed to grab the post on my bed and held on for dear life. Then thats when I started praying Our Father and Holy Mary and whatever it was stopped. Till this day, I could still remember the sensation of the hands.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I Think you are MORE likely to experiance paranormal events when you are around that age, my shadow men attacks began or i started to remember them around 12-13 years of age, but i remember being very very young and sneaking down stairs at night to see if my parents where still awake and sitting on the bottom step of the stairs having a conversation with a man who appeared out of the coat rack, he even told me to go back to bed as the sun was comming up and didnt want me getting into trouble.

Another event that happend when i was still in a push chair so must of been around 5-7 yrs old and my mums best friend came round screeming and very distressed and my mother tried to calm her down and i remember her telling her friend she was scaring me so to shut up and we all went around to her house where she claimed (my mother told me years later) she could see a face apearing in the kitchen wall .....(no surprise they use to call her crazy janet) BUT i didnt see a face i could see the entire kitchen coverd and i do mean coverd in black hand prints big ones not human but no one else saw anything and for years i thought she had been burgled as i belived thats what burglers left behind big black hand prints, only in my 20s did my mother tell me what happend and i repeated my views to her shock.

Cheers Ste

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join