It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Fooling America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by pavil

Actually I have investments as well and do fairly good with them.

So how do you feel about your tax increase going up 33% in one year? Just curious. You know, you probably aren't paying enough in taxes, you should write your Congressman and tell him to support a 50% Capital Gains rate.

Now you are just being an idiot and you know it.

Why is it that the right is never willing to compromise?

Well I take that back in the last few days I have reached what seems to be a compromise twice with some people on the right. Once with SEA BAG and I think Beezer and I just did today. But I have never witnessed nor had anyone from the right even acknowledge when they are wrong even when all the data is right in front of them and there is no denying it.

I have admitted many times when I am proven wrong I believe it goes to character but not only that it defeats the whole purpose of debating if someones credibility is ruined because they become known for being unyielding.

With Beezer just now his credibility went up magnitudes in my eyes because he offered a compromise I have not seen that except for a couple times. Not that I think he cares what I think but I tell you this much I will pay more attention to his posts now and one day if he says something that makes sense I may change my position which could influence something like the way I vote.

If congress could do that this country would have a chance. I am not even going to go into how congress has failed us because of the lack to compromise with each other or the senate being held hostage because they need 60 votes to pass anything. Unfortunately congress would rather win arguments than be right about the subjects and that is why people either vote Democrat or Republican regardless of whether that representative is a total jack@ss or not. I am faced with that decision in my state. I can’t stand the guy but if the Democrats do not have enough seats the bills I agree with will not get passed like the Veterans Jobs Bill that was just voted down. They needed 2 more votes to pass it but it was politics as usual.

It is the mentality you are throwing out right now that dominates Washington. We call it my way or the highway.
You probably could have come back and said 20% and I would have agreed even though I would like to see it at the same rate as any income earned.

Anyway carry on.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You know what I love about Mitt's tax history threads ? How no one ever says mitt paid 3 million in taxes. It's always some half wit that makes 45 thousand a year and uses the same statement everytime. I paid 28% in taxes last year Mitt pays less then me. What a total crock of #. Liberals really don't think about what they are told do they. As for him trying to payless in taxes. So what. Find me one person that sits down at the end of the year and says to themselfs now how do I pay more in taxes this year.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythots
You know what I love about Mitt's tax history threads ? How no one ever says mitt paid 3 million in taxes.

How do you know? Mitt won't release his tax returns.

www.vanityfair.com...

communities.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 26-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Grimpachi

Can you provide an example where "Trickle Up" economics has ever worked?

It worked while Clinton was in office.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by olaru12

So in the last decade have any idea how much has been spent on entitlement programs?

The largest tax payer expense hell current federal spending alone is $2.5 trillion dollars.

So please,

How much of that is going to wasteful defense spending? And SS was fine until Bush emptied it out.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I wonder why no one seems to care that Mitt lied to the country about his taxes.

The man just got caught lieing but he is still being defended.

I guess after Bush the bar for being the Republican candidate is lower than anyone could have ever imagined.

There are so many that are committed to willful ignorance of this man’s character it is astonishing.

The whole point of this thread was to show how he lied to the country.

It insults me to think that he thought we are all such idiots that we wouldn’t figure it out.

From some of the responces I am geting on here I am starting to realize that there are quite a few people he didn’t insult because it is still going over their heads.

I think many people at the very least subconsciously know but are in denial they just do not want to see him for what he is.

This an election between a turd sandwich and a giant douche neither one of them are who we wish they were.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Try Clinton and no SS has never been fine read those graphics geez,.

instead of the tried and true, and failed "blame bush" crap,
edit on 26-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

He hasn't fooled me for even one second. I've pretty much thought he's con man and a spoiled brat since his attempted run in '08.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Romney isn't fooling anyone, unless you are a fool. You can't re-elect a Potus that has financially outspent every other, and has the economy in worse shape than when his term began.

Romney isn't playing tricks, he's not a magician. He's running for the job position. POTUS. Who right now among us would want that job?

I thought so.

Thanks, neo, for the graphics. Those state things well.

For all his history, he's applying for a job position. He's not running for POTUS because he's rich, and wants more money. Hardly. He's running because things are broken right now, and another four years of this same path will lead to.....

...nothing pretty.

edit on 9/26/12 by Druid42 because: spelling err

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

And apparently Mitt isn't fooling the American electorate as evidenced by his plummet in the polls.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

the vegas book has Romney in even worse shape.

It's not that Obama is winning but it's that the sorry campaign Romney is running has him losing.

I said long ago that the GOP didn't really want this election and threw Romney under the bus. Apparently I was right.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

While polls aren't votes, and only votes win elections, I do thank you for the link. I even put it on my speed dial menu in Opera so I can track it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by olaru12

While polls aren't votes, and only votes win elections, I do thank you for the link. I even put it on my speed dial menu in Opera so I can track it.

and actually even votes don't mean squat as evidenced by the electoral college giving the presidency to Bush when Gore won the popular vote.

dflorig.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh hey! What a surprise! Another political thread devolves into an asinine debate between partisans! And I only read the first page.

Woohoo! Deny Ignorance!

As many men smarter than I have said, those who choose between a lesser of two evils is still choosing evil and should be ashamed. Its pretty obvious who these 2 men are loyal to and it isn't the American people, nor our great country.

Johnson '12

edit on 26-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Now you are just being an idiot and you know it.

Why is it that the right is never willing to compromise?

It is the mentality you are throwing out right now that dominates Washington. We call it my way or the highway.
You probably could have come back and said 20% and I would have agreed even though I would like to see it at the same rate as any income earned.

Anyway carry on.

No need for name calling now, I'm sensitive.....

Anyhow, what is the compromise you tout. The current Administration doesn't even pretend to put a real budget together. They haven't paid attention to one Republican idea the first 3 1/2 years and now they want to be all about bi-partisanship. Where was the Bi-partisanship during the Health Care debate? Please. Not saying the Republicans are any better, but don't claim the moral high ground. You have to cut the budget drastically with figuring out ways to increase revenue. That doesn't necessarily mean raise taxes. If we had oh say unemployment down to 4 to 5%, I'd think you'd be pleasantly surprised by it's effect on the budget AND revenues, all without raising taxes. Why does the left always seem to think that raising taxes is the solution to everything.

Just so ya know, you didn't answer my question. It's a real question based on the soon to be new capital gains rates. They go from 15% to 20% hence my question of your tax rate on your investments increasing 33%. If I were you, I'd sell this year and pay less in taxes, but you do whatever you want. You seem to have tax policy down pat. I really don't know what I'm talking about.

If you want to go the route you suggest, most investors would pay at least a 25% Capital Gains Rate with the top being 35%. Just be advised, raising capital gains rate won't necessarily increase revenues. However, lowering the Capital gains rate has increased revenues every time it has happened. Just food for thought.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I got an idea.

Both candidates claim to be Christian. Jesus said that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Why don't we challenge both candidates to give away all their wealth, minus $500,000, and live on Social Security and Food Stamps.

I'll vote for the first one that does it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I tell you what if you would like to start a thread about capital gains rates I would be happy to debate and probably learn a thing or two there but the intent of this thread is the trustworthiness of a presidential candidate who has just been caught in a flat out lie about the percent he pays in taxes to the American public.
Another topic that is of equal importance is the fact that Romney takes a tax deduction on moneys he donates to his own charity effectively giving himself the money and avoiding paying tax on it while posing as a generous figure to the country.

There are probably a hundred different issues that can be gone into on Romney but I would like to stick with what is in the OP.I think it has been thoroughly derailed for long enough.

I would really like to know how his supporters feel about him deceiving all of you.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

My apologies I was answering so many questions on so many different topics I got a bit frustrated and it showed.

Yes I am sorry it has been derailed sufficiently I am going to try to get it back on track.

My hope is hat there can be an actual conversation soon dealing with the OP.

edit on 26-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I am with you on that notion. Do you remember a movie called Brewster’s millions there was a part in it that talked about rich men leaving their lucrative careers to become politicians? It wasn't very flattering on the subject but the premise behind it was one of the truest dramatizations that have ever been played out.

As you suggested I would love to see a humble candidate for once. I say let them keep a million even but they would need a decent home only because of the danger to their life and you know the secret service deserve to be in a comfortable place.

Most former presidents make their fortunes from speaking fees and books.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I find it a bit disturbing how everyone that criticizes Romney is criticizing him for making money and finding legal ways to not give it to the IRS or is it that he is a Christian and White?

My objection to Romney is he serves the Globalists but so does Obama but given a choice for a business partner or next door neighbor or someone to have in my home, I would choose Romney and Ryan and those with them over Obama and those with him.

You Obamanoids may very well go forward and continue to pull this country down down down, to your levels but you will not be doing so with me and mine or with what belongs to us.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
What I got out of this rambling discussion was that an Obama supporter is saying that Romney is 'bad' because he lied about his taxes.

What I did not hear was anyone pointing out that Obama lies pretty much every time he opens his mouth. (Cede me this point, I don't want to be typing all night.) Therefore, Obama must be 'bad' too, eh?

What I don't understand is how any American can vote for a candidate that supports the NDAA (which is both Romney and Obama).

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join