It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange booms in south minneapolis suburb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I woke up this morning to quick succession booms, popping noises ..there they are again, 3 of them. I just was outside and heard sirens coming this way so somebody else reported them. Now i just heard a mechanical like sound of metal on metal. This is hitting home. The time is 7:40 am. I wonder what the police think?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think I know what it is... I think it is... It is...

THE METAL!

But maybe it's just fracking.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

So this was 14 minutes ago? and then the metal sound was more recent? Searched for news but nothing yet.

It kind of doesn't sound so weird yet, minus the sirens.

Keep us posted.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
the wierd thing about it is they came from different directions in the neighborhood. I was facing the direction they came from then i heard some behind me. There i just heard 5 popping like noises. There's nothing in the neighborhood that would make these noises, no fracking, no industry, no construction.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
the wierd thing about it is they came from different directions in the neighborhood. I was facing the direction they came from then i heard some behind me. There i just heard 5 popping like noises. There's nothing in the neighborhood that would make these noises, no fracking, no industry, no construction.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

you have any type of recording device so you can record it for analysis??

2nd line

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

sorry double post
edit on 9/26/2012 by Shaade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well you know what. If you really want to find out what it is, you are going to have to go out there and look for the source of the sound. And you know you are going to have to take some risks.

I mean I for one am tired of not getting answers. What I would do right now is go look for this thing that's making the sounds.

edit on 26/9/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

you havn't tried to figure this out ?

I would be looking around to try and find something ..

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Its happening again, same time frame as the last time. They seem to be somewhat quiet ones.
no recording device to record it with and no gas so i can't investigate.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
hmmm..just finished driving around south mnlps......

depending in what area of south minneapolis you are in, there are still numorous light road construction projects still going on..some areas are over 1/2mile long..and surprisingly alot of house maintainance going on at 730 am ..saw stucco, roofing and some small cement mixers add that to the 2 freeways (just finished major construction on them) that run in the general area and the numerous people and traffic out at that time in this residential neighborhood...i would lean towards the noise coming from some of the different construction projects in the area

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Just where exactly do you live? Perhaps that would help the search.

In many places they do heavy pile driving early in the morning because it can be so loud and annoying they wont do it after a lot of people wake up. This sound can travel for a miles if conditions are right.

Do any of these sound like gunshots?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I live in bloomington, the sounds seem to only be heard in the morning. They pan from west to east sometimes, yes some sound like gunshots, but id liken it to a semi automatic.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Popping noises. Could it be a pile driver somewhere? Any new buildings or bridges going in nearby? Also they could be airport noises if it's east Bloomington.

Also if you are close to the river check to see if there is some kind of project on the river itself. Bank stabilization or something like that. New pilings maybe?

Or possibly the power plant has work going on?
edit on 30-9-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I bet this has to do with the 7.4 earthquake in South America today! The earthquake directed straight through the New Madrid area of the U.S. Here is an animation of it happening.

Off Site Link

new topics

top topics

join