It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative to Wikileaks Arises in Iceland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well I have to say, I for one am thinking about moving to Iceland..! They are definitely leading the way to show how people can make a difference, and stand together as The People and change their government..!

And now it seems, there is going to be a sibling to Wikileaks... thanks to Brazilian journalist Pedro Noel.

With the imprisonment of Bradley Manning and detainment of Julian Assange, WikiLeaks is effectively on hold. But that does not mean that leaks and whistleblowing activities have stopped.

GlobaLeaks lists a large number of leak sites, which are active to different degrees. Soon The Associated Whistleblowing Press (AWP) will be added to the list.

So what is GlobaLeaks..?

GlobaLeaks is the first open-source whistleblowing framework. It empowers anyone to easily set up and maintain a whistleblowing platform. GlobaLeaks can help many different types of users: media organizations, activist groups, corporations and public agencies.

globaleaks.org...

This seems a step in the right direction to me...

Noel perceived a gap in the whistleblowing community, between raw data – documents that conclude wrongdoing – and newsmaking in an impartial way, free of political and economic agendas.
He decided that a new platform was needed.
“If the data does not get explained and treated in a way that people can understand, there’s no point in releasing it.”

He and his colleagues intend to launch the new whistleblowing site in the last week of September. Noel was once a volunteer with WikiLeaks, so he knows how the system there works. He says there a number of differences between the AWP and WikiLeaks.

“First, there are structural differences. We’ll have a decentralised framework. With AWP, editors and staff will swap positions: we don’t want to have an ‘icon’. We’ll work with journalists and activists in different centres, and all the working groups will have their own platforms to receive documents and the like,” he tells IPS.

www.commondreams.org...

Also Noel wants to make it open so its international. As WikiLeaks all goes through one site which is in English only, so this will mean that the data GlobaLeaks receives will be from people of all languages, all countries and all cultures...

I shall definitely be keeping an eye on this... Oh and one last thing - thumbs up for Icleand

peace
fluffx
edit on 26-9-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

for a population of 300,000 they certainly seem to be leading the way against the institutionalised norm
if i could move anywhere it would be there ......alas the mrs hates the cold

may have to sell earth crust displacement and polar shift to her ......

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Lool..! Good luck with that

awh what a shame..! well sadly i dont live in iceland, however i do live on a small island in the outer hebrides (off the west coast of scotland) and whilst this country hasn't changed - over here we have..! we can pretty much get away with doing whatever we want. because its so remote i dont think the authorities are that bothered, we keep ourselves to ourselves and we dont have trouble - its such a simple, down to earth and beautifully peaceful way of life... bliss

although we do still have to put up with UK rules and regulations etc (obviously)

anyways with GlobaLeaks now coming into play, this gives many many people, groups, corporations and organizations a better chance to get the truth out there and blow the #### out of the disinfo... good luck to them too..!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Yeh I know the outer hebs quite well. Spent some time there at the missile practice camp as a liaison (south uist ?)
Good moutain bikeing, nice people ..... Only 1 nightclub lol and nothing but the 2 beers, can't remember their names lol ...... The yellow and the red label ones
And interestingly it's where my family heritage is from .......if memory serves
"Hold fast"

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oh look, another reason for the US government to filter our internet. Hooray!

These whistleblowing sites need to start blowing stuff up instead of trickling crumbs, before it's too late. It's as if they're sitting on bombshells, waiting for the biggest bribe.
edit on 3-10-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join