Breaking into cars really annoys me!

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I woke up this morning to see the police outside my house talking to a neighbour whose car had his passenger window smashed in his car. Also, 2 cars up from him another one was the same as his was smashed as well.
I went and checked mine but this time it was ok. It has been broken into about 5 times in past 15 years living here but gets me so angry when it is done.
They stole my car radio and tax disk first time. Other time they used a tyre lever to open the door and bent it that far back my insurance had to right it off because it was an old car.
It's not just the hassle in getting the window replaced, it's like someone breaking into your own home. Your car never feels the same when you know someone has broken into it. Then you have to phone the insurance company and fork out here in the UK about £70 for replacing a window or all of the windows.
Police I talked to said they know who has done it as he said it was 14 cars and still counting this morning!
One time my car was broken into on a Sunday and not one of them came out to see it and finally on the Thursday they contacted me to ask if no one had touched it! It had been crushed by then by the scrappy!
Rant over!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
No one had a car alarm?

Is this a suburban or deep in the city area?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Sounds like your average junkie looking for enough stuff to sell for their next hit, my dad always left his car unlocked and made sure there was never anything in it other than some old carpet in the boot so if they did decide to take a look inside they didn't damage the car in doing so

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I'm down south (almost in the pond) and we've just had a spate of cars being broken into.

I've noticed in the past that when this happens it tends to happen nationwide, which causes me to believe that something shown on television causes it to happen.

The car I have now is fully protected but in the past on older cars I simply fitted a flashing red LED on the dash as a deterent, it worked well, I've never had a car broken into even though those around me have.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Both were oldish type cars and anyway, no one bothers around here if an alarm goes off. Car park was surrounded with houses but only on the back and not front facing

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Never had my car broken into, did have it stolen though. Umm, left it unlocked and a bum smoked in it....
Had a semi broken into, stole a laptop and expensive headphones.

Someone busted my window one time, didnt steal anything. Wtf?

Left it unlocked once, they stole a book of cds. Jokes on then though, they were all pirated.

Yeah i hear ya, op....

Hell my car is parked in freakin gary indiana most of the time...the one place ive never had a problem

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well stop breaking into cars then. I mean, that is an obvious thing. You don't like brea... OHHHH wait, I see what you're saying now.

Ahh criminals... without them, we would have NO police. So you have to love crims.. I mean.. think of the alternative... UTTER MADNESS!!!11

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Lets go for a joy ride!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

VoidHawks idea of the flashing red LED was a good idea. See if any nearby homes or shops can see your parking spot in security cameras and if not maybe spot a camera on the vehicle?
I know a guy who said he leaves his car open and a dollar on the dashboard. I know it sound idiotic but he swears it works. Still I don't think he has anything of value in his vehicle.
Too bad we can't CHANGE THE THIEVES. I know locking them up and throwing away the key is a typical response, and it's awful tempting - but they just get back out. They need to be rounded up, taught skills and given real jobs and a paycheck. Stolen property probably doesn't even pull in the living wages it used to.
I had my car stolen too. They stripped the steering column not knowing I had a hide a key under the rear wheel well. Police never even looked for the car as far as I can tell but my home had been broken into a few years prior and some personal belongings were found in a bad neighborhood about 6 miles away near some seedy apartments. I borrowed a friends car and rode into the neighborhood and found my car in 15 minutes. It was abandoned within eyesight of that seedy apartment. I took my hide a key and opened the door, removed the shopping bags I had still in it from a local department store. They hadn't taken that stuff yet and called the cops. They were waiting for the heat to die down and just parked (in a no parking area!!!) you'd think the cops might have caught on then but they stay away from the worse neighborhoods and never even noticed my illegally parked car. Idiots. I don't know what we pay the useless cops for...to kill our dogs and harassment I guess.
Yes it is frustrating
but less so if you can catch the criminals and see they get justice. I gave you a star and a flag just for the aggravation.
edit on 26-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
No one had a car alarm?

Is this a suburban or deep in the city area?

Makes no odds unless the actual car is being stolen (as opposed to items from the car being stolen). It takes literally seconds to get into and out of a car. If you know what you are doing, it also only takes a handful of seconds to get the radio out without damaging it. All in all, can be into and out of a car, complete with goodies in far less than 30 seconds. So by the time car owner wakes up, manages to look out of window, etc, the scrotebags can be long gone into the shadows......

And yes OP, it bugs the hell out of me too.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Most car alarms go off if you so much as touch the car. Most thieves dont climb through windows either.

No one pays attention to car alarms though

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I connected my old CCTV cameras today that I had put away because I was wiring up a lot of things to my tv, but got it back out and moved my car to the front of my house which has houses facing it and I can tape and see if I hear anything as these cameras work in complete darkness as well. I tried one in my loft when I first got it and no light could be seen at all, but I could see everything with one of these cameras. Bit too late for my neighbours though....
Years ago, I saw a drunk teenager throwing a brick at my car back window and smashed it completely. He had came from a part at a nearby house and in less than 30 seconds I had the guys name and address.
I went there and his Dad who was built like a house came to the door!
Strangely enough he was really good about it and hit his boy hard for doing it and also,gave me the money right away to pay for it.
I was lucky that I saw him though. I also saw a guy throwing a stone through a car window of one of my friends car a while back and told him to stop, he told me to f,,k off and ran away!
edit on 26-9-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Yeah, it annoys me too for a reason another poster pointed out--this sort of stuff happens because drug users are chasing their next fix.

I live on a block with about 20 townhouses. Every so often EVERY car in the lot will have been broken into and raided. One time that happened they stole a cd player/radio of mine that didn't even work haha. That'll learn 'em. As if.

And one time a neighbor of ours WAS the drug user
so he'd steal gas from everybody's car about once a month. I put a lockable cap on my tank and the moron just cut the fuel line below and spilled gas all over the place.

Why can't criminals just develop a code of honor? oh wait..
edit on 27-9-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Lets not.
I done that when I was but a young moron and paid for it the worst way: 700hrs of community service! What was I thinking? It was the El Torro and this thrill seeker mentality that I was cursed with. Needless to say, that was the day that I chose which fork of the road I was taking(the good one).
edit on 27-9-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

top topics

join