It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nursing Home Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I have a couple of relatives who work at Nursing homes, it astounds me to listen to them (birthday party) relate about ghosts here they work.
The matter of fact way they tell their experiences and those of their fellow workers is almost chilling.
It seems to be such a regular occurrence of nurses and carers at nursing homes and hospitals, that its just accepted that spirits inhabit places after they die.
Iam sure if a worldwide survey of nursing homes and hospitals was taken the occurrences of spirit sightings /aural hearings ect would astound us all?
The question that surely should be asked is how do we help the spirits/and / or learn from them?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

i think what we could learn is, before you die, you should make your peace with this world. i believe, when spirits stay at the location of death, it is related to "unfinished business", something is not right.
btw, there are different sorts of hauntings, residual and intelligent.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Thanks for the information.

What is the difference?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My wife works at a nursing home a block away from my house. She's been there almost 2 years and i never heard her once mention talk of a ghost. I'll have to ask her about this and try to get her to talk to others that work/live there. They have a few people who actually live there because they needed a medical facility to keep watch over them.. I'm talking young people that have varying odd illness's. Hopefully, some will have some good stories.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think it is always fascinating when you can get a person that has worked in a care facility to open up about their experiences. I have a friend that works at a hospital and never believed in hauntings until one of the security guards started telling stories about a closed wing of the hospital. He thought the guard was just making it all up for laughs so he arranged for a trip to the closed wing. Needless to say his experiences there has had him chasing ghosts ever since.

As for the types of haunting, a residual (or memory) haunting is kind of like a recorder playing. Almost like the person has a routine that has worn a groove on the place/area. I've heard of this type at old forts were soldiers would have patrolled, old houses were the lady of the house would have had a set task every morning. With these you are more of an observer.

Intelligent hauntings tend to be more interactive. They will touch you, make loud noises, try to communicate, heck I was even growled at once in an abandoned hospital's nursery (that is the only time I've lost my cool in a haunted place).

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My aunt worked in a nursing home for a few years in a town that is known for its ghosts.

The building used to be a small hospital but they had transformed it into a nursing home. It has since been condemned and they tore it down.

When she worked there, there was a creepy flower pot with a clown face on it that she and the staff didn't care for. It gave them the creeps. They threw it away a couple of times, and it kept showing back up.

Once, she was working a few shifts in a row and she went to take a nap in one of the unused rooms. She had her back to the wall and she was drifting off to sleep when she felt a tap on her back. She woke up assuming one of the nurses was waking her for something but no one was around.

There was also some weird thing that happened with the elevators and the top floor. Honestly, I can't remember what it was exactly. I know between the time it was a hospital and then a nursing home, the building became occupied with teens and drug addicts. There was a huge rock outside of the building and a couple of people committed suicide by jumping out of the top floor and landing on the rock.

As I said, she worked there a few years and they decided to close the place. She lost her job and they bull dozed the building.

top topics

join