It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Ball Contraption!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This thing just keeps getting more and more complex, it's mesmerizing I couldn't stop watching the machine at work.

for anyone that likes legos or knecs or whatnot

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Haha Zoinks, that reminds me of some intricate Minecraft contraption. A bit of redstone, some pistons, have to use water instead of balls, but you can put blocks in the water.

You know, if people can build an 8bit processor in minecraft, there has to be some sort of rube goldberg device.

I start to make things, and end up just making a spawner next to some random traps and see which ones catch the most.

boring after 900,546 hours though.

but a rube goldberg thingamabob. I'll google it now and find a bazillion, removing my interest and thus sending me back to watch anger management, revolution or sons of anarchy..

lol balls!

lmao I love the chicken bawking when he turns on the ability to load code. Buk buk book.

edit on 26-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ok that is freaking awesome!! Now where did i put my old lego collection.... hmm...
It amazes me at what kind of Legos they have now.

Anyone care to loan me a couple of thousand I need to update my collection.. hehe lol

Nice find!

-Grim

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Fascinating and almost hypnotic to watch.

In some ways it reminds me of our Parliament. Tremendously complex machinations and a near-constant clamour of noise, which never actually achieve more than an illusion of progress: when the different actions are observed in isolation we get the impression that something is being done, but once we see the whole picture we realize we've been fooled all along.

Mike

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

That was a great analogy big noisy and complex, yet accomplish nothing more than mere amusement!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

That, yes.
And also, there's that almost morbid fascination because just like that machine, we know that it's all like a strange, complex game.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Love the lego machine.
Have no idea what is happening on the Minecraft CPU. Anyone care to explain?

new topics

top topics

join