It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The poison in our food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hello all. I have been reading a lot of past threads on here lately about the high radiation levels that have been found in our food. After reading some of these threads, I decided to do some online research of my own. I found some interesting articles, and to my own "horror" - for lack of a better term - started realizing today that my searching may have provided some startling insights into some health problems as of the past few months that have been plaguing me. I read these articles today that opened my eyes to what I would consider a conspiracy being downplayed by our own government, and namely our own EPA. My household consumes milk and fish on a pretty regular basis. Below is a small summary of what I found on these two food sources that have had testing on them over the past year by independent researcher Michael Kane and others:

Michael Kane, who reports: “The radiation has absolutely reached the shores of North America. Water samples from across the continent have tested positive for unsafe levels of radioactivity. The levels exceeded federal drinking water thresholds, known as maximum contaminant levels, or MCL, by as much as 181 times.”This means that the complete ecosystem of the Pacific Ocean is now poisoned with radiation and we aren’t being warned. Samples of milk taken across the United States have shown radiation at levels 2000 percent higher than EPA maximums. The reason that milk is so significant is that it it representative of the entire food supply. According to an article published on Natural News, “Cows consume grass and are exposed to the same elements as food crops and water supplies. In other words, when cows’ milk starts testing positive for high levels of radioactive elements, this is indicative of radioactive contamination of the entire food supply.”

When we drink contaminated water, milk, and produce, or if we eat meat from an animal that has eaten any leafy contaminated vegetables, we are eating radiation, and feeding it to our families. According to Daisy Luther and NinaO, “Slowly the radiation levels within your body will build up. This is PERMANENT. Infant mortality rates across the United States have increased by more than 35% since the nuclear disaster, according to a court statement by Dr. with independent scientist Leuren Moret, MA, PhD. A study published in The International Journal of Medicine indicates that more than 20,000 deaths right here in North America can be directly attributed to the release of radioactive material from Fukushima. Radioactive isotopes of the type released from Fukushima have a half life of 30,000 years.”

Source reference:
www.change.org/petitions/the-usda-and-the-food-safety-and-inspection-service-fsis-test-the-water-and-food-in-the-west-coast-states-for-radiation **pasted in plain text as click on the link isn't working**

The fallout of the fukishima disaster in Japan this past year showed evidence of spreading radiation to the west coast of the U.S., where a large amount of our milk is produced. California produces roughly 1/5th of the nations milk. I started buying a new brand of milk over 6 months ago - because for some reason, it was cheaper than the milk produced here in my own hometown, in Pennsylvania. I didn't think much of it at the time. I try to save money wherever possible. After reading these articles and related ones, I decided to look at the milk my family has been drinking. On the back label it stated, produced in California, with an address. I stopped and thought back to when I started buying it - somewhere around 6 months ago. It then hit me; around the time the terrible migraines I suffer from started appearing. It seemed almost too coincidental. I thought to myself, "is this the possible reason for these terrible headaches?" Over the past few months I have developed digestive problems as well. It seriously makes me wonder.
We consume a lot of fish in my family as well, fresh and canned. My little girls love tuna. I make them tuna casserole on somewhat of a regular basis. Article information I found on radiation levels in tuna found this year:

Bluefin tuna contaminated with radiation believed to be from Fukushima Daiichi turned up off the coast of California just five months after the Japanese nuclear plant suffered meltdown last March, US scientists said. Tiny amounts of caesium-137 and caesium-134 were detected in 15 bluefin caught near San Diego in August last year, according to a study published on Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal. The levels were 10 times higher than those found in tuna in the same area in previous years, but still well below those that the Japanese and US governments consider a risk to health. Japan recently introduced a new safety limit of 100 becquerels per kilogram in food.

Source Information:
www.guardian.co.uk...

When I looked at the label on the back of the cans of tuna it stated that it was packaged in Japan. I also started buying this brand as a means of saving money as well. Caesium-134 as it is mentioned above, in large quantities is deadly, as is any form of radiation. All of this has made me wonder about the food I have been buying. I don't want to be feeding my children anything that is harmful or potentially deadly. But our own government downplays the levels of radiation in our food and water supply as I have read in other articles. That is the real conspiracy here. If the radiation levels are far higher than these government officials are stating, we all have to be careful of what we are feeding ourselves and our families. This kind of thing is what really makes my blood boil.

edit on 26-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
With all the stuff going on lately I haven't been as worried or depressed about the Japanese nuclear disaster. I realized that within a few years the damage would start to become evident. Thanks for your post because it reminded me of something none of us will soon forget. S & F

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It was something that I definitely feel the impacts of will be felt for many years to come as well. Things like the fukishima meltdown do not just come and go without a price.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
They should have titled this, "The Food in Our Poison."

Protest eating!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I even read somewhere that they are putting chemicals, poisons and drugs in baby food such as Gerber. In order to render our children with infertility, or cancer when they get older. But this is all conspiracy theory. I'll try to find the link and post it.

Very scary stuff!

Edit: found it! bangordailynews.com...

edit on 26-9-2012 by Xquizit because: Added info

top topics

join