It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To The Disenfranchised, Disillusioned, and Labeled

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

WHY ARE YOU HAUNTING ME...
Seems like every other title that sparks my interest these days is authored by you. During the seconds between click and the display of the page I thought...bet its heff.... You ARE a busy guy!!

Sounds interesting, and if history serves me well it will be, so I will read, Thank you

congratulations grasshopper... you are starting to see the truth but have far to go yet on your journey... up till you got to the part about voting quite codrect... however in todays world voting doesnt mean a damn thing as the game is rigged ... and not in the peoples favour... it gives the illusion of choice, freedom and change... in reality nothing changes and the people are still oppressed...

I thought the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

edit on 28-9-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As a white male- I AM disenfranchised, disillusioned, disgusted, and an outcast. Blacks, hispanics- they all look at me at best, a pathetic outcast who is either a freeloader on their taxes, or "the man"- I got it good because I'm *white*. It's all in the looks I get: that cold stare. With most hispanics: the cold stare, the challenge stare (and they try to 'impress' my g/f in front of me... it dont work on her, or me- to a certain point), and their women actually *running* from me in most cases! Yes... RUNNING. Like I was going to rape them in the middle of parking lots, stores...

Another is the "make me get out of their way" tactic: walk directly into my path. No matter how I avoid, they come right at me.

Oddly enough- white middle aged christian women give me the *same* business...!

HOWEVER:

I have noticed this from the "low class": lower IQ (trust me... I can tell), the trash, the self involved. It's a certain %. This % crosses all racial and gender barriers- in fact, all the list you displayed. It seems intelligence is a massive, MASSIVE player in this. I cannot say for certain, but I am sure diet, media watching, and how attached people are to the tools that make the world a nasty place to live in. Those of us who are "awake", try to apply our talents and mental abilities are being despised by these others- and the TPTB that seem to be coaching and encouraging it.

WHY

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I also want to point out some things from my post:

What is missing (racewise) about who is causing grief?

From the Op's original list: what attributes are missing from his list? Talent, intelligence, compassion, kindness,
personality...

The original list

Race
Religion
Culture
Nationality
Class
Employment
Politics

Each one of these items is used as a tool/ weapon. Why? Ease. it's kinda hard to take on someone by attacking what I listed. Much easier to use the tried and true Media methods.

For me, the fact that these methods are so reinforced makes me kinda frightened.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hey Heff, you forgot to mention those of us who have piercings or tattoos that some people may not understand. People have a tendency to look at someone with a lip piercing or eyebrow piercing and automatically assume they are filth when in reality we are just as normal as everyone else

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Another thing, I do not feel like I do not belong in society, I feel like society is not up to my standards. Most people within my school are apathetic and lazy here, and have no desire to work for themselves.

I do find it to be completely absurd though how you are criticizing people who criticize illegal immigrants and their usurping of space in respective countries. As I said in a previous thread, it is not my fault their countries are horrible and they generally get involved with drug lords they cannot pay off so they flea and claim refugee status in a better country.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

I have been labeled a "People like You" so many times on ATS that I now wear that label with pride.

I used to be offended at being marginalized, discounted, and insulted for my beliefs but at least I'm not part of the herd being led by fools and fascists ala Fox, Rush, Beck, Levin, Savage etc.

However I certainly don't feel disenfranchised. I have been blessed to have been able to take advantage of the American spirit of entrepreneurship and prosper beyond my wildest dreams. But I'm afraid with the corporate mentality currently in favor; it will be exceptionally hard to make it in today market place.

edit on 26-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

But see, right there you just did exactly what you complain about: marginalize and label someone. This was exactly the OP's point.
edit on 28-9-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Very good Opening post........Now I have to add this other sentence because I am not supposed to post one liners

edit on 28-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join