It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it?, no one seems to know what it is and its getting brighter!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
that matches Jupiter...very well a match...

with just binoculars, you should be able to see the moons around it...3 or 4 usually...and it helps to steady the binocs on something!

edit on 26-9-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh ...coolest of names

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
I have sky map on my new Galaxy Note and one day its showing this bright star to be Jupiter, then next week it is Venus, and then next time its Sirius. Its not visible until 10pm, at 2-3 in the morning its at its brightest and at 6am, its very faint. Its odd how some people cant see this bright light anywhere else in the world except the people here. Lots of people who live around me notice this bright object. Could it be that this Object I and others around me that are seeing this that we are not seeing this thing from outer space but in our atmosphere? Like a mother-ship?

Where is it visible (which direction exactly) at those different times, and how high above the horizon is it (for example, 1/4 of the way up to straight overhead, 1/2 the way to straight up, etc)? What city are you near? Can you give more exact times and dates?

It could be you are seeing a different star or planet each time.

edit on 9/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Daylight Star?

Also of note:

When the eclipse of the Sun will then be,
The monster (divine omen) will be seen in plain daylight:
Quite otherwise will one interpret it,
High price unguarded: none will have provided for it.

Century 9, Quatrain 31

The trembling of the earth at Mortara,
The tin islands of St. George half sunk;
Drowsy with peace, war will arise, At Easter in the temple abysses opened.

Century 9, Quatrain 9

When the lamp burning with an inextinguishable fire,
Will be found in the temple of the Vestals,
Infant found fire, water passing through the sieve,
Nimes, Toulouse perish [in] water, the market to collapse.

So there you have it. This new comet will clearly signal the end of civilization. Nuclear war, market collapse, natural disasters. The whole shebang.

It's lunch time so I thought I'd throw out this little doom snack for all you ATS'ers

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's Jupiter.

Or Jesus.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

I have sky map on my new Galaxy Note and one day its showing this bright star to be Jupiter, then next week it is Venus, and then next time its Sirius.

You seem puzzled by this. I get the impression that you're expecting to see the same star or planet in the same position in the sky at the same time each night throughout the course of the year. If so, that needs to get cleared up for you.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
Although, you shouldn't really be taking note of this one until next year.

Exactly. Comet ISON is well below the threshold of naked-eye visibility, and may not even become visible to the naked eye at it's peak in 2013/14 (although the chances are that it will I think).

As others have said, the OP should download and install Stellarium, which should be able to tell him what he has been looking at

edit on 26-9-2012 by FireballStorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join