It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it?, no one seems to know what it is and its getting brighter!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I live in Canada and have noticed a huge bright white light in the eastern sky for over 4 years now. At first in 2008 I noticed a bigger star than the other stars . But then in 2009-2010-2011-2012 I noticed it getting bigger and brighter. According to Wikipedia, the brightest star to our naked eye is the sun, the second brightest is Sirius. And it seems most people never notice this bright star until you tell them to look at it, and then they tell you its a plane and you tell them ok then, lets see if it moves in 10 min. Well 10 min go by and it dont move, then they ask, woh! what the heck is that? I have done both a Google search and Yahoo search and from my research this bright star is Jupiter, Sirius,mars, Saturn, planet X, asteroid, and a UFO mother ship. It seems no one has a solid answer or at least they are no longer alive, lol. Just type in (what is that bright light in the eastern sky) in Google and or Yahoo and see and research for yourself. I personally think It is some type of planet or asteroid heading to or by earth. And if that is true then it would be kept a good secret thanks to the world governments which explains all these recent government owned or funded bunkers and dooms day faults that are being built in a hurry around the world. Just search
Arctic doomsday vault in Google for the proof or recent underground bunkers. In the U.S., approximately 140 DUMB bases exist, and they employ perhaps over 200,000 people. What are your thoughts on this bright light in the sky or what can can you tell everyone about it?
ca.search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Ag_JB7Cn7caxdlVz1cv4H1wt17V_;_ylc=X1MDMjE0MjYyMzUzMwRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTcxNQRuX2dwcwMwBG9yaWdpbgNjY S55YWhvby5jb20EcXVlcnkDd2hhdCBpcyB0aGF0IGJyaWdodCBsaWdodCBpbiB0aGUgZWFzdGVybiBza3kEc2FvAzA-?p=what+is+that+bright+light+in+the+eastern+sky&toggle=1&co p=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-715" target="_blank" class="postlink">ca.search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Ag_JB7Cn7caxdlVz1cv4H1wt17V_;_ylc=X1MDMjE0MjYyMzUzMwRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTcxNQRuX2dwc wMwBG9yaWdpbgNjYS55YWhvby5jb20EcXVlcnkDd2hhdCBpcyB0aGF0IGJyaWdodCBsaWdodCBpbiB0aGUgZWFzdGVybiBza3kEc2FvAzA-?p=what+is+that+bright+light+in+the+eastern +sky&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-715

lunaticoutpost.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">lunaticoutpost.com... ern-sky

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">en.wikipedia.org...

www.foxnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.foxnews.com... oomsday-vault-grows-few-seeds-bigger/

www.bibliotecapleyades.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.bibliotecapley... ades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_mindcon06.htm#DEEP%20UNDERGROUND%20MILITARY%20BASES

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
jupiter in the east after sundown....it is getting brighter....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Epic link failiure going on there buddy

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There's an app for that.

It's called Google Sky.
edit on 26-9-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

It's just swamp gas. Nothing to see here. Move on citizen.
2nd

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
First off:

A quick summary of his post.

Originally posted by unknown32

Hello everyone. I live in Canada.

...woh! what the heck is that?

...from my research this bright star is (planets named), and a UFO mother ship.

...no one has a solid answer or at least they are no longer alive

...I personally think It is some type of planet or asteroid heading to or by earth.

...a good secret thanks to the world governments

Hmm.

Moving on now with a serious note, what you're referring to may be this:

Super comet

...As a result, current projections suggest it could get very bright. How bright? Various estimates have set the brightest magnitude at -10 to -16. That suggests the comet could become brighter than the full moon — which led Astronomy Magazine's Michael E. Bakich to say it "probably will become the brightest comet anyone alive has ever seen."

Although, you shouldn't really be taking note of this one until next year. You are further north and have clearer skies than most of us though, I suppose...
edit on 26-9-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It has to be Venus...

I caught Venus before sunrise the other day and WOW...sucker is bright! Looks more like an incoming helicopter or something, haha. It has the white light you describe as well...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by goochball
It has to be Venus...

I caught Venus before sunrise the other day and WOW...sucker is bright! Looks more like an incoming helicopter or something, haha. It has the white light you describe as well...

Yeah, Venus, the brightest "star" AKA the morning and evening star. The most basic of astronomical knowledge my friend.

Not trying to be one of those smug debunkers but I'll admit that they use Venus as an explanation for UFOs all the time, just like swamp gas gets used.
edit on 26-9-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last line.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
There's an app for that.

It's called Google Sky.

Stellarium for the Linux guys. Awesome application.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Might I direct you to this sticky topic from right here in this forum?

Astronomy: so you see a bright light?

It has a lot of information that you might find very useful in it, like how to report on here when you spot something in the sky and don't know what it is.

It also has some very useful links to software that is free that you can use to see if it is something like a planet or a comet, etc. Programs like Stellarium do not require you to be an expert at astronomy, but allow you to punch in where you live in the world, and it will show you what the night sky looks like at that time.

You can just move the screen around to see what it shows is in the sky at the time and direction you are looking at.

Right now in the east during the early morning hours you can see Venus, and it's very bright
edit on 26-9-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
For a solid answer, look up a star chart at www.heavens-above.com... or install Stellarium from www.stellarium.org...

A bright light people often see near the horizon in the evening or morning is usually the planet Venus.

Tell me your location and the time you saw this bright light, and I'll even look it up for you.
edit on 26-9-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by DaTroof
There's an app for that.

It's called Google Sky.

Stellarium for the Linux guys. Awesome application.

Stellarium works with windows and MAC, too.
And I agree it is a great app.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by unknown32

It's just swamp gas. Nothing to see here. Move on citizen.
2nd

Yes. But most likely it is Venus or Jupiter. However, it is hard to tell considering he isn't giving us very much information about it.

Logic tells me there are enough amateur astronomers in the world with backyard telescopes who would have taken notice of a very bright NEW object that has been in the sky for years. It is most likely a very bright "old" (existing) object.

Heck, I'm a star-gazer (albeit without a telescope) who looks at the stars a few nights a week. I haven't noticed any new bright objects over the years. I have noticed the old-and-already-known-about bright objects, namely Sirius, Jupiter, Venus, etc.

If the OP could tell me his LOCATION (his city/town), the DIRECTION he is looking (exactly east?), and WHEN he is looking, then we could figure out if his object is new or not. When I find that information, I'll look there in the sky myself, if I can.

edit on 9/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
I have done both a Google search and Yahoo search and from my research this bright star is Jupiter, Sirius,mars, Saturn, planet X, asteroid, and a UFO mother ship. It seems no one has a solid answer or at least they are no longer alive, lol.

Different people mistake different things for something "strange" and "too bright." Jupiter, Sirius, Canopus, and Venus are all regular offenders. It just depends on where the person is looking and when. If you think you've been seeing something for 4 years, chances are you've been looking at a variety of different objects over time and didn't know they were different. Currently Venus is bright in the east before sunrise.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Can't wait to see that comet. sounds like next years big conversation here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Can't wait to see that comet. sounds like next years big conversation here on ATS.

Ha ha!

Skeptic Overlord and Simon (and any other ATS site owners) are probably grinning from ear-to-ear over the idea of the increase in website traffic (and possible advertising revenue increases) that new comet may bring to ATS...

...Not that I have a problem with that. Free enterprise is a great thing. Good for them.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Jupiter is super bright right now. I am in Canada as well and driving through Toronto late Saturday night, it sure did look like a plane.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Although, you shouldn't really be taking note of this one until next year. You are further north and have clearer skies than most of us though, I suppose...

Unless it's actually traveling at some unprecedented amount of speed akin to that of, dare I say it ?

Nibi dunn dun dun !

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I watch the skies every night, I haven't seen the object in question from here in SC as right now the brightest things in the sky are Jupiter, Sirius, and Venus.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have sky map on my new Galaxy Note and one day its showing this bright star to be Jupiter, then next week it is Venus, and then next time its Sirius. Its not visible until 10pm, at 2-3 in the morning its at its brightest and at 6am, its very faint. Its odd how some people cant see this bright light anywhere else in the world except the people here. Lots of people who live around me notice this bright object. Could it be that this Object I and others around me that are seeing this that we are not seeing this thing from outer space but in our atmosphere? Like a mother-ship?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join