It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want Einsteins Brain - Literally???: There's An App For That!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

How freaking cool is this???

EINSTEIN'S BRAIN IS NOW INTERACTIVE IPAD APP

The brain that revolutionized physics now can be downloaded as an app for $9.99. But it won't help you win at Angry Birds.

While Albert Einstein's genius isn't included, an exclusive iPad application launched Tuesday promises to make detailed images of his brain more accessible to scientists than ever before. Teachers, students and anyone who's curious also can get a look.

A medical museum under development in Chicago obtained funding to scan and digitize nearly 350 fragile and priceless slides made from slices of Einstein's brain after his death in 1955. The application will allow researchers and novices to peer into the eccentric Nobel winner's brain as if they were looking through a microscope.

After Einstein died, a pathologist named Thomas Harvey performed an autopsy, removing the great man's brain in hopes that future researchers could discover the secrets behind his genius.

Some may question whether Einstein would have wanted images of his remains sold to non-scientists for $9.99.

"There's been a lot of debate over what Einstein's intentions were," museum board member Jim Paglia said. "We know he didn't want a circus made of his remains. But he understood the value to research and science to study his brain, and we think we've addressed that in a respectful manner."

Source

Einsteins famous brain at work

Einsteins famous brain at rest

This really does strike as surreal. I mean a university or experts who specialize in interpreting and understanding the human brain? That I can see. But anyone with an iPhone?

I predict some memorable and very creative sub-apps and meme's based upon the brain of Einstein in our near future.

But, moreover, imaging what brilliant students and underfunded labs might accomplish with this sort of access? could the iPhone apps of today be what the Internet was intended to be so many years ago?

What an odd and wonderful world we live in.

Experts of ATS... What do you make of this?

Alternative sources:

Fox
Cnet
USA Today

~Heff

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Sheesh... on a site that spawns about ten zombie threads per day, just the word "brain" in the title should have garnered some attention! Surely there must be some hungry zombies online currently!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I cannot possibly be the only person who thinks that this is cool!

EINSTEINS BRAINS IZ IN YER IPHONE!!!!

Does me being the ONLY one who apparently likes this make me King Geek? :

~Heff

new topics

join