It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Will Is Strong.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
My will is strong. Yet the temptation, the cravings, the habit are equal in strength. I fight every day, trying to squash your soul, yet you kick me right back, first thing in the morning. No matter how hard I fight, you are there, standing over me as soon as I wake up.

Sure, if I give into your needs, you bring me relief…. But you also bring death. Yet, if I ignore you , I suffer and choke. I might as well be dying. Shame on you. Why must you torment me? Shame on me. Why can’t I leave you?

I want to be a good example. I strive to be a great life teacher for the children in my life… Yet here I sit, telling them not to hang with you, as you rest by my side.

I am a hypocrite and you make it so. I cannot get rid of you but you will get rid of me. You are cold, heartless and cruel… You do not care.

You love for me to put my lips on you. But do you stop me? Warn me I will die? No, you just tempt me and beg me to keep going. Knowing that our relationship is volatile. You want me dead.

I hate you and I can’t get enough….

Shame on us both.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Inspiration can come from really odd places...For example, I found the inspiration for this piece while at my brother in laws house, using the bathroom ( Hey, when you got to pee you've got to pee!
). I was standing there, craving a cigarette and I could not help but think how ridiculous it was...Standing there peeing...Wishing I was holding a cigarette instead of...Something else

Now, I was writing about addiction to cigarettes but I wanted to make it seem as though I were writing about something else...An unhealthy relationship between two lovers...

But really, I suppose any reader can put their own interpretation on it. Put their own "addiction"in place of the one I struggled with...

I hope you enjoy.
edit on 26-9-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This is beautiful. It can relate to anyone.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ImNotHuman

Thank you so much! That was a wonderful compliment and I am truly glad you liked it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyLiberalHippie
My will is strong. Yet the temptation, the cravings, the habit are equal in strength. I fight every day, trying to squash your soul, yet you kick me right back, first thing in the morning. No matter how hard I fight, you are there, standing over me as soon as I wake up.

Sure, if I give into your needs, you bring me relief…. But you also bring death. Yet, if I ignore you , I suffer and choke. I might as well be dying. Shame on you. Why must you torment me? Shame on me. Why can’t I leave you?

I want to be a good example. I strive to be a great life teacher for the children in my life… Yet here I sit, telling them not to hang with you, as you rest by my side.

I am a hypocrite and you make it so. I cannot get rid of you but you will get rid of me. You are cold, heartless and cruel… You do not care.

You love for me to put my lips on you. But do you stop me? Warn me I will die? No, you just tempt me and beg me to keep going. Knowing that our relationship is volatile. You want me dead.

I hate you and I can’t get enough….

Shame on us both.

You pulled all that out of my own head. HOW?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Perhaps great minds really do think alike.

top topics

join