It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, Now I understand it all! Why I am a "observer" and "observing" myself - there is only ME!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Just want to say it is always a pleasure reading your replies... Reminds me of someone I love and respect deeply.

edit on 28/9/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

God, the absolute or the divine, call it whatever you like, is impersonal And personal. We are both aspects...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

God, the absolute or the divine, call it whatever you like, is impersonal And personal. We are both aspects...

Not sure what that means in regard to what i wrote?

There are no persons. There is nothing appearing as this.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It simply means that 'you' and 'me' aren't an illusion.

Then look deeper...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

I as awareness is not an illusion- what is seen is an image appearing - it appears as words on a screen in/on the screen of awareness.
The awareness is what it is made of. Empty appearing full.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

It simply means that 'you' and 'me' aren't an illusion.

Then look deeper...

Without diverting the thread in my post called Let me explain something.... The futile argument of something versus nothing...., this type of conversation was exactly what I was referring too.

Without common understanding the conversation as the person is nothing appearing as something.... so many are the dimensions and facets one can look at to reach a similar but very different understanding. We land where we are with nothing gained or lost until we discard all we know and find our selves right here but with new words to describe it. The only complete picture is the one that remains unpainted, reflecting back what is as supposed to what was.

love and light - nothingness in something
edit on 28/9/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Aware of that every day, every moment.

The perversity of our existence.

I mean, I'm not being dramatic.

I'm just acknowledging that death and conflict are common place. I go outside and on the face of it, things are peaceful. But I dig deeper and I start to see mayhem. I see pathogens coursing through the air, waiting to latch onto a host. I see spiders capturing clueless insects that fly into their webbing. I see mass warfare between different species across the whole of our observable reality. I am not exaggerating or embellishing. Warfare between species is a reality, regardless of the justifications. We must kill to eat, for example. We cannot eat the sun's rays or a rock. We must eat something that's alive and only vaguely note its attempts to escape our hungry appetite. There're many other examples: Imperfect awareness is another. The fact that we do not have perfect awareness means we will eventually mistake each other as enemies and commit to war.

The after-life, faith in god, whatever it's called, is all the same. It's our savior; our escape.

That's what it's on the outside. But underneath, it's more mechanical.

We justify or reason our continued existence via different routes, but continued existence is the ultimate aim. If the life on the other side of this one was so much better then we would not be here, would we? Nope, it would be mass suicide. But we're, so why? Because deep down, admitted or not, we either think we must earn our eternal life or because we doubt it or fear death. What this amounts to is that our continued existence is sustained and not forfeited.

How many people, after understanding this, would ask why is continued existence the ultimate aim? Not many. But I can tell you why, if you listen. The reason is that evolution favors those traits in us that preserve our genetic expression. Committing suicide to enter the next life does not preserve our genetic expression; it kills it. We're here because something wants us to be. Perhaps it's mutual.

Don't be fooled. The allure of eternal life blinds many to the truth. For believers, their belief is the number one priority and continued existence is NOT; many will even say this existence is evil. But regardless what they tell you, the results don't lie: continued existence is the goal.

Life is harder without faith. Life is harder when one does not have an eternal life as reward for their good works in this world. What reward could be greater than eternal life? No money can compare. But a prerequisite of faith is the aptness to possess it. Otherwise, eternal life has no evident value. For such a person who does not possess faith, eternal life is as rewarding as a handful of mud.

The key is that MOST people have faith. This is not an accident, it's intentioned. What this tells me is that faith favors our continued existence, for whatever reason. At least, up to this point in time.
edit on 28-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

So why have morality then? Why focus on love and light if it is just the formless becoming form?

Some people say that there is no formless - that there is only form and even spirit is form - and there is no time because past, present, future and all possibilities are here NOW, we are just choosing which one to see...

Then there are some that says that there is only formless because form comes and goes so it is only an illusions...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by IAmD1

So why have morality then? Why focus on love and light if it is just the formless becoming form?

Some people say that there is no formless - that there is only form and even spirit is form - and there is no time because past, present, future and all possibilities are here NOW, we are just choosing which one to see...

Then there are some that says that there is only formless because form comes and goes so it is only an illusions...

Not sure how you are relating morality to my post but I'll relate it like this - morality could be seen as a common understanding a common language a context. As for focusing on love and light or anything else - are you asking me to tell you why you should do that? In which case you will have to answer that for yourself. If you are asking me why I would do that, then the answer is because it is what is happening

Both the above could be correct but it depends on context as I was saying.

much love and light
edit on 30/9/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Faith in an afterlife is more rationally put as a neural reaction to sugarcoat the notion of absolute death and alleviate the intense fear/hopelessness an individual experiences as he/she becomes aware of it.

Reinforce this faith you speak of with evidence and youll have a believer in me. Until then, your feel-good beliefs remain simply nice but baseless.

Not being confrontational but rational.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

The evidence is out there.
You just choose to reject it saying it is not really "evidence", so no, you aren't being "rational".

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join