It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, Now I understand it all! Why I am a "observer" and "observing" myself - there is only ME!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't be confused. You are the Me. Everyone else (and everything else) is what You observe. The Me is one. We are are ME.

Ok, go ahead, be confused. I'll try again later.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Humans are not central to the universe. Consciousness does not precede all things.
It is a formed, incidental state, arising from a certain avenue of evolutionary complexity that has so far been successful. That's all.
Just because consciousness is not the 'purpose' of life, or a pre-existant condition inherent in everything somehow, doesn't mean it's any less awe-inspiring or fantastic though. It's great. Lucky us.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by arpgme

Do you ever get lonely? Do you feel sadness?

This perspective of yourself has throughly enjoyed your thread. Just had to ask myself a couple of questions.

Of course, sometimes I do experience negative emotion, but even that is beautiful. It is a part of this human existence. The body and mind/heart is working just fine with its emotional responses. Loneliness is feeling separation - sometimes it is separation with "others" and sometimes it is a separation of self which causes this emotion, but even this idea is "separation" is just another beautiful perspective. All are connected by the formless beauty.

Remember, we (this me talking to the me that is you) can still learn to see the beauty in emotions even if they are ones we do not prefer.

reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by arpgme

Okay, what am I (you) thinking right now? And, no, I'm not thinking you're an idiot or anything like that.

What is "now"? When I seen this post or when you posted it? Both are NOW past. This form of me typing this is not concerned with guessing games.

This "me" here, prefers, to here other perspectives (of self). What perspectives lie in this beautiful world of awareness?

reply to post by delusion

Originally posted by delusion
But there is such a thing as non-existence. What doesn't exist, DOESN'T EXIST.

There is no such "thing" as no-thing. There is no such "existence" as non-existence. There is no "What" that doesn't exist. What doesn't exist can not even be imagined because if it could - it would be an imaginary existence. Even the imaginary is existence.

In actual reality - all things just flow as one. All things are really connected. But what creates this "FORM" of reality? The formless beauty which reality is a manifestation of.

reply to post by D1ss1dent

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
reply to post by arpgme

You shall help others but not please them. Keep your rainbow-poptart-cat avatar.

Yea, from this perspective I really like the rainbow-poptart-cat.

It really demonstrates my point to NewAgeMan what I'm trying to say, we are all the same formlessness of beauty but we are "that" expressing itself in individual beautiful forms.

reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by jiggerj

You are thinking about how you are going to answer your own question. Kinda fun when you play along. It's beautiful, actually.

Yes, I am beautiful. I mean You are. No, no, he is! I'm so confeeeeeewsed!

It's the belief of separation between this "you" you call self and this "you" you call "me" that causes confusion.

reply to post by Soloro

Originally posted by Soloro
Mostly true when you get to the core of things. But we don't live in the core, we live on the surface!

We are the core, and extensions of it called "form".

This form of thought can become a slippery slope though, as a person thinking like this can start becoming very possessive with mind sets like "what's mine is mine" with the consideration that what's theirs is "everything." It's the same issue that people ran into with religion:

Saying everything "belongs" to me - is belief of separation. If all is me, how can anything "belong" to me? I just am.

Nothing belongs to me - not even this shirt - it is just existing on me.

"But wait, it's ok that I hurt him! God made me do it!"

A belief of separation

"But wait, it's ok that I hurt him! I'm everyone!"

See what I mean?

So, you will cause yourself to suffer even if you didn't want to? Something seems strange with that picture.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by delusion

Originally posted by delusion
Humans are not central to the universe. Consciousness does not precede all things.
It is a formed, incidental state, arising from a certain avenue of evolutionary complexity that has so far been successful. That's all.
Just because consciousness is not the 'purpose' of life, or a pre-existant condition inherent in everything somehow, doesn't mean it's any less awe-inspiring or fantastic though. It's great. Lucky us.

There is no "center" for the formless, there has to be some type of "form" for there to be a center; nor is there a beginning or end to something that never "appears"...

It never "appears" as itself in formless, it only appears in form as energy or matter.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
In realizing that your true self is the uniified whole, you must learn to balance your individual self with your true self. Make the outside world the inside world. What you see is seen within. What you see isn't what I see, but it is what you see as you. You are the creator of your self. You make the decisions. When you go to school, knowledge is gained. You are building your self. When you see beauty, it is you who sees it. No one else sees it like you. You are creating it. It is your beauty.

Freedom is a platform for infinite creativity. The individual is the creator. The unified whole is the freedom. What do you see in the vast expanse of freedom? You see whatever you want. It's not the truth, but its your truth. Your truth is part of the truth, it's just not the whole of it. It is nevertheless important, but it is not more important than anyone else's. We can't see the whole truth. We can't see it while we live these lives. But we can create our part of it. It is important to create a personal truth that you would like to live with. Your judgements of others are judgements of yourself. When you see atrocities, it hurts you. The pain is your pain. What is seen becomes your pain. When you see beauty, it is your beauty. It is all you.

Everything that is seen by an individual is interpreted in a unique way. The uniqueness of an individual's interpretation makes that individual the owner of that interpretation. You are the owner of your reality. It is yours. You own me in a way that I do not own myself. I am different to me that I am to you. My interpretation of myself is me. My interpretation of you is me. It is the individual. When you die, you live with your interpretations of the all and experience this as your self. You will live as the all, but you will have formed your opinions about it already.

You want special mind powers? See the special mind powers of others. They are yours. That is the only way they will ever be born in you. You won't believe it until you see it. You create your self through observation. What have you made yourself today?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Remember, we (this me talking to the me that is you) can still learn to see the beauty in emotions even if they are ones we do not prefer.

You are on a roll.

We applaud you.

I am proud of myself, for re-training former views.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Well said.

Very well said.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

In addition to my last post:

You only create your own reality. You do not create mine. Trying to create my reality is called, "lying" or "control". Trying to be something you're not is called, "lying". All you can do to create your reality and create your self is to see it outside of you. To learn is to create the self. To see is to create the self. You cannot pull a magic trick out of thin air to create your self. Those are called, "delusions". You have to actually see it outside of yourself or it isn't true. I'm saying, you can't just believe yourself to be beautiful if you aren't seeing beauty outside of yourself. Then you're trying to invade my freedom of observation and that is a crime. Be true.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You got it!

I'm one hundred percent serious when I say this, but....

Now for the tough part...walking the walk. How do you treat yourself when you are all selves. It's time for that true sense of altruistic selfishness (oxymoron yet truth) to come out and shine. Welcome, my reflection. I am glad to see you once more.
edit on 26-9-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I think we are saying the same thing.

You say "Freedom" and "Individual expression";
I say "Beauty" and "Beautiful expression of form/individual".

And I completely agree that,
even if someone does not believe in "Freedom/Beauty of individual expression",

we can honor that, but realize that this is STILL "Freedom" because they WANT to remain in that perspective.

It is STILL beautiful because this is how they choose to express themselves.

Yes, trying to "control" others or trying to "control" reality (lying) would be contradicting this belief in "Freedom / Beauty of individual expression" however, I think the AWARENESS is the problem and not the action.

If we just tell people to "accept others" , that will just be like telling them to put on a smile even if they aren't happy.

They must work from the inside to the outside, changing the focus to be happy and then putting on the smile, controlled actions can only last but so long...

reply to post by TheOneElectric

Greetings, nice video clip. Interesting show, it also talked about philosophy.

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Now for the tough part...walking the walk. How do you treat yourself when you are all selves. It's time for that true sense of altruistic selfishness (oxymoron yet truth) to come out and shine. Welcome, my reflection. I am glad to see you once more.
edit on 26-9-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

Instead of trying to "control" action and do "this" instead of "that" -
keeping the AWARENESS that all beings and people have the essence of beauty within them - is enough - that will be enough to not LEAD to selfish unbalanced actions -

and also remembering that there is the essence of formless beauty within me - will be enough to not LEAD to altruistic self-destruction (of this physical body "here").

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If I disagree with you, does that mean you are psychotic?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well, if you believe it does - then the whole world is psychotic.

I don't believe so though, for all we know the disagreements may just be our misunderstandings from our personal perspectives OF reality.

What do I mean "our" - I mean the "ME" of this body and all others. The form from the formless.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"I am" has deep occult meaning. Research "The Industry" on youtuber. It is a 60+ part expose on satanism in the music industry. For instance, Eminem, Marylin Manson, and a whole bunch more have songs based around that key phrase, "I AM!"

There is more to this reality than just you.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SuspendedBelief

So because some Satanists may understand this knowledge, that means it isn't true? I'm sure Satanists believe in gravity as well...

I am curious as to why anyone who understands this I AM would be worshiping ANY beings... oh well...

There is no more to reality than me, since I AM reality, and I AM the formless. The formless pretends to be "others" in form - to see its own beauty from different perspectives. This body typing this message is just one form.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I agree with Many things you've said but your realization seems to be more intellectual than experiential. Am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I Am just part of the story, the observer part.... I Am observing is what divides what is so that it can be observed. I Am love the recognition of what is being observed as it is. I Am everything the miss understanding that observing is anything other than a property of be. I Am nothing in the context of all.

Much love

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You're out there. I see where you're trying to go, but no, just no. You're not the only thing out there, there are other seperate entities out there, aside from yourself. You're not the universe looking at itself, you're made from the universe, and you're observing the universe, but your consciousness is not the universes consciousness, it is yours. Yes, others do exist. Just because you leave a room doesn't mean those people who were in the room's lives end just because you're not observing them.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am, as everyone else, the absolute... I am and also i am not. I am the observer but also the lord of the field. I am my mind but also the universal mind and stand above everything perceived, unaffected. I am one and multiple. I am will and knowledge: both are the same.

edit on 27-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I once took a natural substance which made me feel at one with the world, a whole sense of oneness that we are all connected via this collective consciousness and all of our indevidual memories and experiances are being fed into the akashic records.

Anyway, "everything is going to be alright" was the message it come out with. Like "don't worry about it" kind of sentiment, like the "good" in us all will prevail. There's nothing to worry about, if there's ever a battle, we will win.

All in all, "evil" or "bad" only exists in a tiny amount but it's biggest deception is trying to convince everyone it's the dominant force but it's almost nothing in reality, its like 0.000001% of the whole.

If people were not so scared of being hurt then they wouldn't be hurting each other so much... it's all based in fear and this 0.000001% feeds on that fear.

ETA: One thing worth watching though is a TED talk by a woman who was like a doctor for the brain and she had a stroke one day and it "took down" half of one side of her brain and she had this massive feeling of oneness and stuff. Worth a look into if your looking for a scientific explanation.
edit on 27-9-2012 by docgreen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
cogito ergo sum ~ Descartes

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join