It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Enforcement to Collect Millions of Voices With “Voice Grid Nation” Software

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Quote from this article;
theintelhub.com...

According to theSpeechPro whitepaper published in 2011, the company had a “commitment from a State Justice Agency to deploy a pilot system for the purposes of performance studies and further development of best practices for obtaining voice samples in a booking environment”.

In fact both the NSA and the FBI have expressed interest in implementing this technology so it is likely that this has been in the works with multiple agencies for a long time.

So in addition to fingerprints and mugshots they will soon be collecting voice samples.

And from this article;www.slate.com...

The technology has already been deployed across Mexico, where it is being used by law enforcement to collect, store, and search hundreds of thousands of voice-prints. Alexey Khitrov, SpeechPro’s president, told me the company is working with a number of agencies in the United States at a state and federal level.

which would allow state security agencies to very effectively monitor and identify phone calls made by targeted political dissidents (or anyone else for that matter).

Is anyone surprised by this?
One day you will be recognized if you open your mouth anywhere near a phone or microphone.

So we have fingerprinting, retina scans, DNA, facial recognition, and now voice scan, what's left?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
When the reading of "thoughts", can be recorded, watch out.

Im sure someone is working on that also.........

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

And to think the second new Batman movie actually predicted this... and also made a strong moral statement by having Morgan Freeman say "This is too much power..."

Aside from that, the admission to wanting to collect voice samples gives away the truth - the tech is already extant and in use and now the comparative data base needs to be fine tuned.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
More government paranoia because they fear their own citizens.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
When the reading of "thoughts", can be recorded, watch out.

Im sure someone is working on that also.........

Found this:

The BCOE will also work on developing and enhancing other potential new biometric technologies including footprint and hand geometry, gait recognition, etc.

at this site;www.biometriccoe.gov...
The FBI Biometric center of Excellence.
So in the future, a good disguise may include a limp, skip, or silly walk?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Seems legit.

Yeah, this is getting out of hand. What real reason, do they need ALL this surveillance for?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

With all the blood that goes through labs for testing, I imagine the government has samples of almost everybody's DNA
as well. You know, if the government were transparent and could be trusted, that would be a good thing, unfortunately, that ain't reality. Pretty soon, they will be able to plant your DNA, fingerprints at the scene of a crime you were never at in the first place along with a threatening voice sample to help tie up the lose ends.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Maybe rectal scans and identifying you by what you flush down the toilet will be next?

Welcome to 1984.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Prank phone callers around the US have all suddenly disappeared.

"Wheeeee hooooooh Wheeeeeee hooooooh.."
"Is that you again Barry. Look I've got the FBI here and they know it's you. We've got your breathing print."
"Wheeeee hooGASP*CLICK* beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep"

Wassaproblem?!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Maybe rectal scans and identifying you by what you flush down the toilet will be next?

Welcome to 1984.

1984? They did that in the movie "The Island" more or less, bung some nanospiders in your eye ball, wait for you to pee them out and tell you why you're not feeling super groovy.

Before they harvest your organs...

edit on 26-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

reply to post by tanda7

Seems legit.

Yeah, this is getting out of hand. What real reason, do they need ALL this surveillance for?

Too keep us safe from the evil terrorists of course.

/end sarcasm

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

reply to post by tanda7

Seems legit.

Too keep us safe from the evil terrorists of course.

/end sarcasm

Oh that's right, it's the terrorist's fault....

Damn them......

Now, is that from one of our own alphabet government type of terrorist group or the foreign kind?!?!

[sarcasm]

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Welcome to 1984.

I bet they contain that precious DNA, yeah, take my poo poo.
Hmm maybe thats why the alien rooting for it ?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I've heard it said that there are no private conversations anywhere. I took it as hyperbole, though fully realizing at some point in the future this would become truth, I just didn't think the future would be here so quickly. For the poster who mentioned reading people's thoughts, 1984 has the "Thought Police", which I think will be a reality. They will mold your thoughts, from birth, to their desire, and anyone who thinks differently than they are programmed to, will disappear. There is no escaping this I'm afraid, we're already too deep, with so many not even having a clue.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

1984 also had the cameras in everyone's homes so they could keep an eye on you all the time and everyone was taught to squeal on their neighbors and family.

"If you see something, say something"

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
I've heard it said that there are no private conversations anywhere. I took it as hyperbole, though fully realizing at some point in the future this would become truth, I just didn't think the future would be here so quickly. For the poster who mentioned reading people's thoughts, 1984 has the "Thought Police", which I think will be a reality. They will mold your thoughts, from birth, to their desire, and anyone who thinks differently than they are programmed to, will disappear. There is no escaping this I'm afraid, we're already too deep, with so many not even having a clue.
In the book "1984", I seem to remember it was the television that was the states spy tool. The computer screen or mobile device seems to be the new TV, and it's no secret those devices can be used for surveillance. When I first saw Bio-feedback software, the first thing that came to mind was how that sofware could be adapted to monitor thought forms, or George Orwell's "thought police".
edit on 26-9-2012 by tanda7 because: puntuation

top topics

join