Fraser says it's time for Australian independence

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I for one agree with this.

Australia should not be a part of any NWO, and we have been left out to dry by England when Japan attacked us....

I have no doubt the US would do the same .


Former Australian prime minister Malcolm Fraser has urged Australia to become independent of the world's super powers.

"I don't want to be a puppy dog to the United States as we have been over the last 10 or 15 years, just doing what America wants," Mr Fraser said.

Mr Fraser told Radio Australia's Connect Asia he doesn't want Australia to replace one dependence with another.

"That doesn't mean to say that I want an alignment with China, I don't," Mr Fraser said. Mr Fraser says Australia should look to create stronger ties with other independent countries in our region, such as Indonesia.

"Not many Australians realise that throughout all of our history we have behaved as though we were dependant on a great power," he said. "Up until the Second World War we depended on Britain," Mr Fraser said. Since then, Mr Fraser says, Australia has relied on the United States.

"But now a different world has emerged, the Cold War is over and America is a different America from the one that won the Cold War," Mr Fraser said. Mr Fraser says China has played a big part in the changing world. "China has emerged as the most significant trading partner, the major trading partner of Australia and every other country in the Western Pacific," he said. "Her markets, her finances are closely intertwined with the West," he said. "She is the largest buyer of US Treasury bonds and therefore America herself is significantly dependent on China."



www.abc.net.au...

What say you?

We dont need to hang onto skirt tails.

We dont need to fight US's wars.

Ask nicely and we will sell you our resources.... if you dont already own them.

Our government is spineless.




posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mungodave
 


I would fight side-by-side with you for your independence.



If you so asked, that is.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wonder sometimes if it will come to that Beezer.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave
I wonder sometimes if it will come to that Beezer.


I don't think that it'll come to cannons and trenches, but economic weapons and the arena of public opinion would certainly be used.

I can only offer my best wishes and support right now.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mungodave
 


I don't think England left us out to dry when Japan tried to invade, they did have their own problems around that time as I recall.

Apart from that, I do agree that we should be a republic and look into all alliances and treaties.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Our independence wouldn't do anything.

We would still have the same jack-wangs in power and they would still be sucking up to America for support.

If we want real change in this country, like most, we need to remove our current political embodiment and replace it with something new.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I agree - it is OVERDUE for Australian independence.

Independence YES!

Change our style of government (open, transparent and accountable to the people only) and get rid of every last looser we have now….. get rid of the US bases and become the country that the world respects, lead by example and right the wrongs of the past 200 years.

It is strange that this would come from Fraser – but glad he has grown a pair since being our PM.

Still funny that he lost his pants in a hotel lobby and got a picture snapped of him ‘going the grope’ on a transvestite (too drunk to notice the Adam’s apple hey Mr Fraser?) but hey, wise words do come from the most unusual people sometimes.

Mickierocksman



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Our independence wouldn't do anything.

We would still have the same jack-wangs in power and they would still be sucking up to America for support.

If we want real change in this country, like most, we need to remove our current political embodiment and replace it with something new.


As much as i have always wondered why we have not become an independent country i think this is the main problem.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
We need to be alligned with someone.
Face it, Australia would not survive all out war.
Our populations are in very small pockets.
We do not have the manpower or machinery.
We have not had to survive such difficult situations. We are really a golden goose for the taking.
I would much rather be alligned with the US and UK, atleast they share the same cultural values.
China and Asia?... ive seen what they do to my local crabbing spots.. i dont want them doing the same to my country as a whole!



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave
I for one agree with this.

Australia should not be a part of any NWO, and we have been left out to dry by England when Japan attacked us....

I have no doubt the US would do the same .


Former Australian prime minister Malcolm Fraser has urged Australia to become independent of the world's super powers.

"I don't want to be a puppy dog to the United States as we have been over the last 10 or 15 years, just doing what America wants," Mr Fraser said.

Mr Fraser told Radio Australia's Connect Asia he doesn't want Australia to replace one dependence with another.

"That doesn't mean to say that I want an alignment with China, I don't," Mr Fraser said. Mr Fraser says Australia should look to create stronger ties with other independent countries in our region, such as Indonesia.

"Not many Australians realise that throughout all of our history we have behaved as though we were dependant on a great power," he said. "Up until the Second World War we depended on Britain," Mr Fraser said. Since then, Mr Fraser says, Australia has relied on the United States.

"But now a different world has emerged, the Cold War is over and America is a different America from the one that won the Cold War," Mr Fraser said. Mr Fraser says China has played a big part in the changing world. "China has emerged as the most significant trading partner, the major trading partner of Australia and every other country in the Western Pacific," he said. "Her markets, her finances are closely intertwined with the West," he said. "She is the largest buyer of US Treasury bonds and therefore America herself is significantly dependent on China."



www.abc.net.au...

What say you?

We dont need to hang onto skirt tails.

We dont need to fight US's wars.

Ask nicely and we will sell you our resources.... if you dont already own them.

Our government is spineless.


I think all of the british colonies should become independent of britain and the queenies influence right e'fin now! If we are going to call Australia, Canada, New Zealand and other places countries, then let's have some bloody autonomy, sovereignty and independence, that a colony just doesn't have.

Cheers - Dave



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

I agree - it is OVERDUE for Australian independence.

Independence YES!

Change our style of government (open, transparent and accountable to the people only) and get rid of every last looser we have now….. get rid of the US bases and become the country that the world respects, lead by example and right the wrongs of the past 200 years.

It is strange that this would come from Fraser – but glad he has grown a pair since being our PM.

Still funny that he lost his pants in a hotel lobby and got a picture snapped of him ‘going the grope’ on a transvestite (too drunk to notice the Adam’s apple hey Mr Fraser?) but hey, wise words do come from the most unusual people sometimes.

Mickierocksman


Lmao, and I'll have out the glasses. Rose coloured, is it?


None of this will EVER happen. You know why? You cannot change cement after it has dried. Nothing will change the status quo, except the layers of paint applied to it to keep the dumb people certain that things are changing.

It's like looking out over a vast gloomy ocean and saying "Right, I'm going to express my desire for sunshine and rainbows!" and then shaking your fist at the water when it continues to crash waves at your feet.

The politicians are nothing more than talking heads, repeating lies and fooling the public. Real Change? It will be nothing more than more taxes, more revenue from the over stressed public roadways and smiles from the top to show how good things are.

Righting the wrongs of 200 years? I did burn a crate once, but I was drunk and it was after we'd cooked the bbq meat. I'm sorry for that. I am really really sorry for that.


edit on 26-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

I agree - it is OVERDUE for Australian independence.

Independence YES!

Change our style of government (open, transparent and accountable to the people only) and get rid of every last looser we have now….. get rid of the US bases and become the country that the world respects, lead by example and right the wrongs of the past 200 years.

It is strange that this would come from Fraser – but glad he has grown a pair since being our PM.

Still funny that he lost his pants in a hotel lobby and got a picture snapped of him ‘going the grope’ on a transvestite (too drunk to notice the Adam’s apple hey Mr Fraser?) but hey, wise words do come from the most unusual people sometimes.

Mickierocksman


Lmao, and I'll have out the glasses. Rose coloured, is it?


None of this will EVER happen. You know why? You cannot change cement after it has dried. Nothing will change the status quo, except the layers of paint applied to it to keep the dumb people certain that things are changing.

It's like looking out over a vast gloomy ocean and saying "Right, I'm going to express my desire for sunshine and rainbows!" and then shaking your fist at the water when it continues to crash waves at your feet.

The politicians are nothing more than talking heads, repeating lies and fooling the public. Real Change? It will be nothing more than more taxes, more revenue from the over stressed public roadways and smiles from the top to show how good things are.

Righting the wrongs of 200 years? I did burn a crate once, but I was drunk and it was after we'd cooked the bbq meat. I'm sorry for that. I am really really sorry for that.


edit on 26-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)


As a country with its own independence (not that it has mattered that much for the past 50+ years) the people do have a larger voice and can demand change via a new constitution.

But you are right, we speak of change and want our wants - but they won’t allow us diddlysquat in the end.

I live in hope, but don’t take my eye off the real world for a moment.

Unless something massive happens and change can be forced by the people, but like most people - they really don't know what is going on and would rather watch trash TV and remain stupid forever.

Peace

Mickierocksman



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Independence (at least at this point in time) would achieve nothing. Besides, we're already independent. All 'official' independence would do is remove another 'check and balance' in our political system and fortunately the majority of our populace is well aware of what I mean by that.
edit on 26-9-2012 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
As a country with its own independence (not that it has mattered that much for the past 50+ years) the people do have a larger voice and can demand change via a new constitution.

But you are right, we speak of change and want our wants - but they won’t allow us diddlysquat in the end.

I live in hope, but don’t take my eye off the real world for a moment.

Unless something massive happens and change can be forced by the people, but like most people - they really don't know what is going on and would rather watch trash TV and remain stupid forever.

Peace

Mickierocksman


You've just described the exact reason why the entire world is heading into an abyss. Morally and socially. People are blase. We're no longer clans/tribes willing to look after each other. We've been told that to have such ties is ethnocentric and xenophobic. Cannot have that! Pride in your own country, pride? What sort of shenanigans is that - obviously a way to retain racist tendencies... or so we're constantly told.

Yet when society falls apart at the very fibre, we're told it is progress. Mans relationship wtih his fellow man has become one of distrust and discerning interest. I don't trust you because you are what you are, they will say.. when what they are, is in fact the same as they themselves.

No, we cannot have any pride in our neighbours... It will be seen as to exclude people from other neighbourhoods. Nor can I love my way of life, for it proves I am stifled and reluctant to embrace pure chaos.

Chaos... it is how the universe works.... People think that because we can think about and ponder events yet to occur, that we are somehow impressive beings. We're bubbles on the glass of effervescent life, as it ferments aloft the curtains of reality, on this planet we call home.

And as soon as we stop bubbling... something else will come along, and wipe away all traces of our mess.

I often wonder if we were ever meant to have a valid status on this planet, or if we're the blight that changes nature to favour less than humanly life.

I'm in my house damn it, I demand life respect me!!!

Not so... life says "you're nothing, I'll wash you away. go, fester imagination only.." and she will do it.

Independence.. haha.. righting wrongs... dude.. thinking about how rain falls, well you will never make it fall into a bowl of hot chicken noodle soup, may as well realise that as long as it rains, you might just drown.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Just to add to my post above, think of quantum theory. It's pure random. A state of potential. But in the largess of reality, it evens itself out to be reality.

Yet if you think about it, chaos reigns.

We can become independent.. what will it change? you'll still go buy tip top bread, nes cafe instant, hi-lo milk and boil your water from that same tap that you used under this current lot.

nothing will change. And the world will still fall apart as soon as the cohesion we call the fabric of existence right now, disintegrates. It will. We're stretching reality to it's limits with atrocity alone... never mind science.

Snap crackle and pop. From the deepest darkest regions of the universe.. to your cereal bowl.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
We need to be alligned with someone.
Face it, Australia would not survive all out war.
Our populations are in very small pockets.
We do not have the manpower or machinery.
We have not had to survive such difficult situations. We are really a golden goose for the taking.
I would much rather be alligned with the US and UK, atleast they share the same cultural values.
China and Asia?... ive seen what they do to my local crabbing spots.. i dont want them doing the same to my country as a whole!



Yeah we should align ourselves I use to think.

Keep the Monarchy !! If it aint broke dont fix it, I used to think.

But they are aligned with the NWO I now know.


I want no part.


The Dept of Primary Industries has sharpened the axe, and our farmers will go begging, whilst we pour
money we dont have into a war that does not concern us. ( and it can be argued that the money spent on
redecorating military offices in Australia, is money that our soldiers, who scrounge to Armour their vehicles, could be better spent).

Aussies, as a whole , just dont get it.

Makes me sick to my stomach.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
we should get rid of state govt altogether and set up shop more like switzerland. as for monarchy, what a joke lol





new topics




 
4

log in

join