It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Rep. Paul Ryan For Defense Cuts Before He Was Against Them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Ben Swann sits down 1 on 1 with Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan to talk about defense cuts and whether President Obama is really trying to gut the military.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I'd commend Ryan if he held the firm position of cutting down our military, although as I understand, his position now is the opposite. Why is it that we complain about assistance programmes for Americans in need in this country, we talk about fiscal conservativism, cutting down the government, yet many here insist that we leave the $700 billion military industrial complex alone? That we continue sending billions in military aid to foreign nations? Why do we continue to do this? Even cut in half, the United States would still hold the largest military budget in the world. Why do people insist that we remain the police of the world? This has been part of the problem as to why we're in such debt today.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Another instance of flip flopping by Ryan I think Mitt's handlers choose his VP very well.He did not really answer any of Ben's questions not that I expected him to.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The military scams the public or maybe it is congress doing it. Each year the military budget increases but when they talk about not increasing it as much it is touted as a cut. It isn’t a cut all they are trying to do is slow down the growth.

I remember when I was in the military near the end of the budget year every unite would buy things they didn’t need or hold training with expensive missiles trying to burn through the budget because if they didn’t the funding the next year would be cut.

It is a broken system.

new topics

top topics

join