Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Someone convince me to take the GOP ticket seriously.

page: 1
2
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This thread is not about Obama, his records, where he was born, or whatever complaint you have about him. This is about the GOP and the current ticket's complete inability to make any sense. Mitt Romney already has his mile long list of being for it before he was against its. Ryan is the one that really threw me today.
I am hardly a Paul Ryan fan to begin with for so many reasons not even touching on his inability to simply tell the truth about his marathon times or body fat percentage. Such stupid things to lie about. I had at least thought he would be a little more careful about not confusing what he really thinks and what he wants you to think.
He hates collective bargaining on all levels. He feels it is a scourge on America that is leading to nothing but its downfall. Yeah, those are not in quotes so do not bother asking for the sources. If there is any doubt, proof is just a google a way and I will do upon request.

-Which is a whole other problem. Anyone that enters this thread to defend Paul Ryan and then asks me to prove to them what one of his main platforms is, you lose right away. If you support him, you must know why, and it must be based on his policies; Otherwise you are just supporting someone for no reason. Right?

Anyway. What in the hell just happened with the football game there? Paul Ryan is extremely anti collective bargaining. The referees are on strike because billionaire owners do not want to honor collective bargaining. So they have brought on non-union crappy replacements. That is the Romney Ryan way and what could be more open market free business than that???

So what does Paul Ryan say when the non union work is allowed to show how good it is.


"I got to start off on something that was really troubling that occurred last night," said the Wisconsin congressman and Republican vice-presidential nominee at the top of his town hall here. "Did you guys watch that Packer game last night? I mean, give me a break. It is time to get the real refs."
source

So this is not just flip flopping but it is almost at an IQ level that makes me wonder where his helmet is.




posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
OK here you go. This is an actual Harper's story from 1941, enjoy.

Who goes nazi?



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious
 


Their may be a "Method to their Madness".

The GOP is self destructing so fast, many may feel a need to throw them a vote, out of Pity.

The GOP is after the Pity Vote, I realize it sounds crazy, But no Party can be that inept.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by wascurious
 


Their may be a "Method to their Madness".

The GOP is self destructing so fast, many may feel a need to throw them a vote, out of Pity.

The GOP is after the Pity Vote, I realize it sounds crazy, But no Party can be that inept.


You know... it's actually gotten a lot of liberals over confident. Seriously, some of us just assume that Obama is gonna win by a big enough margin that we can just vote third-party.

I think your theory might have more plausibility to it than you meant for it too. The GOP looking so bad is making some democrats not vote for Obama. Who would have thought?



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's like making a choice between two clowns at the circus. One clown has a sad face and is generally unpleasant. The other clown has a happy face but squirts you in the eye with that plastic flower. Which clown makes you less sad, less angry?

Not really a clear answer, I know.

I'd rather not end up in a bread line wearing the same underbritches for a week, if I'm not tossed into the camp for defying a DHS order first. Who knows what's in store for us if the socialist doesn't get re-elected, though - I know I'm willing to take that risk.

Hope that helps.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I've been registered Republican since I was old enough to vote (though gradually more & more disenchanted with the party!) ... and I can't take this ticket seriously. It's like a bad joke.

Please, tell me how this is all for show to ensure Obama gets re-elected, all staged by TPTB... because honestly, that makes more sense to me than trying to believe this is the best we can come up with, as a nation. If so, we are seriously screwed.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I've been registered Republican since I was old enough to vote (though gradually more & more disenchanted with the party!) ... and I can't take this ticket seriously. It's like a bad joke.

Please, tell me how this is all for show to ensure Obama gets re-elected, all staged by TPTB... because honestly, that makes more sense to me than trying to believe this is the best we can come up with, as a nation. If so, we are seriously screwed.


I think the best this country has to offer DID step up to the plate, but the people in charge made sure that he didn't stand a chance. Yep, free country, this.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It seems that the GOP has become one big joke and 'Romney/Ryan' is the punch-line.


Comic - ...and then they said 'Romney/Ryan' !

Crowd - Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !




posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I guess it comes down to where are you at in life and where do you want to go.

If you are middle class or higher...or plan on being, then vote GOP. I'm sure plenty here will disagree, but I question if they are middle class or a small business owner.

To just by pass all the hype on both ends I haven't seen anything from the current administration for these areas. So if you are not, then you will most likely not be the big tax payer and so vote Obama, and you will benefit from his plans. If you actually plan on getting ahead in life then maybe you might not want to really think about what party will get you there.

It is about that simple.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
It seems that the GOP has become one big joke and 'Romney/Ryan' is the punch-line.


Comic - ...and then they said 'Romney/Ryan' !

Crowd - Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !


I guess you can say that....as you ignore the state we are in....

The funny part is you would most likely say how much you hate Bush, BUT Obama has taken everything he has done and amplify it by 10 times.

Would you care to debate anyone area?

Hell I'll even debate Obamacare where 90% of America doesn't need it and 65% are totally against it as it was forces through congress where NO ONE actually read it... lol

Economy and foreign policy are easy kills for me, so let's talk the constitution or his transparency of government that he also promise.

As I said before, I care little for I will do well under either, but will you?



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
It's like making a choice between two clowns at the circus. One clown has a sad face and is generally unpleasant. The other clown has a happy face but squirts you in the eye with that plastic flower. Which clown makes you less sad, less angry?

Not really a clear answer, I know.



Do you want the clown that is first term or the one totally unrestraint in the second term?

I guess if a person cannot figure that out we deserve Obama for a second term. I kind of hope he wins... I think America needs to get totally screwed to get better.



posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero
 


I know too many people with advanced degrees who worked hard who either make nothing or don't have a job to think that "getting ahead in life" works that way.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
It's like making a choice between two clowns at the circus. One clown has a sad face and is generally unpleasant. The other clown has a happy face but squirts you in the eye with that plastic flower. Which clown makes you less sad, less angry?

Not really a clear answer, I know.



Do you want the clown that is first term or the one totally unrestraint in the second term?

I guess if a person cannot figure that out we deserve Obama for a second term. I kind of hope he wins... I think America needs to get totally screwed to get better.


As much as I hate to admit it, you might be on to something. Stupid Americans aren't going to get their fat asses away from the TV until the house is burning down around them.



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Their may be a "Method to their Madness".

The GOP is self destructing so fast, many may feel a need to throw them a vote, out of Pity.

The GOP is after the Pity Vote, I realize it sounds crazy, But no Party can be that inept.


Self destructing as in what?

I find it just crazy that Obama gets a pass for every time he miscalculates or outright screws up.
Just bypassing all the economy crap he has failed to do think of one simple event...

70% of casualties in Afghanistan have happen on Obama's watch. One may ask how can this be true? The answer is he ignores everything his advisors say ( the guys is so narcissistic that he thinks he can do anyone's job better than they can, proven fact by his own words...)

How can we be winding down and he has the most casualties....

How is it that the WORLD is blowing up over America? Hell Bush started it all and didn't get 10% of that reaction...lol



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

As much as I hate to admit it, you might be on to something. Stupid Americans aren't going to get their fat asses away from the TV until the house is burning down around them.


People joke about all this or ignore it as you say, but the cost of living has basically doubled in four years, and they blame the rich for not paying more wages....but when you think about it, how many of you can live on 1/2 of what you made in 2008?

The big question is how many of you can live on one quarter of what you made in 2008...I'm GTG on that so vote Obama and enjoy.

To be honest... Obama failures have allowed me to buy my nice big house on a 2.5% 15 year fixed loan, 2 cars on 0% 60 months loans, my boat on a 4.5% 20 years loan.... I'm loving it!!!

I'm sure all the rest voting Obama are loving it too....



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero
 


Actually some of us blame it on the economic policies of Reagan, which started off great but set up the evils to follow, upon the unbelievably corrupt lobbying system in Washington, open almost all Americans living with a debt to income ration that was absolutely irresponsible - and upon the financial institutions which allowed this practice to continue through irresponsible issuance of credit and, IMO, predatory lending practices in many cases.

IE I blame misguided fiscal policy, irresponsible banking, and irresponsible consumers.

At least for a start. It's a very complex web of ideas, but the above is a reasonable simplification.


~Heff



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I know too many people with advanced degrees who worked hard who either make nothing or don't have a job to think that "getting ahead in life" works that way.


Well yes I agree, but in the end we ALL need to meet some form of quality of life. Trust me I know all about quality of life. When I was in Afghanistan and Iraq there was a hard line to what one can endure and what drops you below quality of life. These were very simple things, but in the end BIG things.

If your advance degree friend was making 100k in 2008 they are basically making 60k now and could be making 30k in effective spending potential by 2016.... I hope they don't mind a second job at 7/11 to make ends meet.



edit on 26-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by DENBY
It seems that the GOP has become one big joke and 'Romney/Ryan' is the punch-line.


Comic - ...and then they said 'Romney/Ryan' !

Crowd - Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !


I guess you can say that....as you ignore the state we are in....

The funny part is you would most likely say how much you hate Bush, BUT Obama has taken everything he has done and amplify it by 10 times.

Would you care to debate anyone area?

Hell I'll even debate Obamacare where 90% of America doesn't need it and 65% are totally against it as it was forces through congress where NO ONE actually read it... lol

Economy and foreign policy are easy kills for me, so let's talk the constitution or his transparency of government that he also promise.

As I said before, I care little for I will do well under either, but will you?


Your right never really thought of it but your right.Obama has taken every Bush policy from healthcare economic and school program and made it bigger.The only area i see some disagreement in foreign policy and its only a minor difference.Obama wants other people to dictate his actions while bush wasnt scared to go it alone.However in the end both started new wars just Obama tries to keep his out the media or maybe they just choose not to report it not sure which???



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Xtrozero
 


Actually some of us blame it on the economic policies of Reagan, which started off great but set up the evils to follow, upon the unbelievably corrupt lobbying system in Washington, open almost all Americans living with a debt to income ration that was absolutely irresponsible - and upon the financial institutions which allowed this practice to continue through irresponsible issuance of credit and, IMO, predatory lending practices in many cases.

IE I blame misguided fiscal policy, irresponsible banking, and irresponsible consumers.

At least for a start. It's a very complex web of ideas, but the above is a reasonable simplification.



I agree with you 100%... the simple answer here is the Government is way too big, and Obama thinks more taxes will fix it. To be honest I wish Romney would take on the Government like one of his Bain companies. Walk in to a truly failing company and fix it, a big part of that fix is downsizing all that is totally wasteful to the American people...we can start with the department of education...and the IRS..

That might be wishful thinking for Romney to do that, but come on Obama reducing anything....lol

edit on 26-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
Your right never really thought of it but your right.Obama has taken every Bush policy from healthcare economic and school program and made it bigger.The only area i see some disagreement in foreign policy and its only a minor difference.Obama wants other people to dictate his actions while bush wasnt scared to go it alone.However in the end both started new wars just Obama tries to keep his out the media or maybe they just choose not to report it not sure which???


Hell the Demos want to keep "BUSH" tax cuts...lol not like they can create their own...
The difference is the world was scared of Bush, and they laugh at Obama with the cost in American lives....

So two simple questions...

If Obama is President what are the odds that Iran attacks Israel?

If Romney is President what are the odds that Iran attacks Israel?

You all know the answer no matter what side you are on.....




edit on 26-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)






top topics



 
2
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join