It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Religion is that of Virtue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
May the peace of Christ be with all of you, and make this truth resound loudly in the stillness of your souls.

If you are religious and people know it, the most common question they ask is "how do you know that your religion is right when there are so many religions?"

I hear this question frequently and I reply that "the religion of virtue practiced heroically predisposes the soul to the true Religion and to the knowledge of God". This was said by one of Christ's first disciples and it rings true in each soul, because it is the TRUTH.

Yes even the most remote man in the forests of Africa may achieve the Kingdom of Heaven if he is a good man; if he practices virtue, and all virtue stems out of Love and Light.

"If a man craves after light and thus for a greater and greater virtue, making his soul the master of his being, the faculty of remembering increases in the soul, as if virtue made the wall interposed between soul and God thinner and thinner".

Each soul comes from God and has that remembrance of Him. To desire to be good, loving, gentle, pure, humble, prudent, and spiritual brings us closer to God. This thought is also a great meditation btw!

Peace and love of the One and Trine God to all

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Dear backcase,

Our wording might differ slightly. Love God (the sentience, all sentient things combined) with all your heart (don't worry about you more than totality) and love your neighbor (every sentient thing) more than yourself. Remember that every sentient being matters, that is the transformed heart, the heart of Jesus as he described it. We just are all different and serve different purposes. Peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've heard it said that - the height of Virtue is power, restrained.

That's why I say that the USA lost it's virtue during the Bush/Cheney years, and it's a hard thing to get back once lost..

edit on 25-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit, to retain some virtue..

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Peace to you, I see your words as a break down of something different than the topic and words of my thread, and more of a break down of what was said by Jesus in a scientific manor. These words may work for you but I am trying to help the understanding of many, as each soul wants love, not correction.

Understand the loving Spirit of the words of Christ, rather than unemotional meanings it may contain. The beauty and treasure exists within the Spirit of Faith, not in that of discrepancies. Faith compensates for all, try to look at the spirit of words instead.

Peace and understanding to you

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Peace to you, I would like to light you know that the material world is a stage which you may or may not take part in. The spiritual world is where you desire virtue, within you, and towards others. This way the world may have reputation of you, but only God's judgement of each single soul matters.

We will not be thrown in the fire with our country, but each soul shall gain what it deserves.

Peace to you

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Patience is a virtue and you’re taxing my virtue…..

My soul did not come from a ‘god’; I believe in our ancient past that aliens were ‘confused’ as gods.

Doing good things does not bring you closer to a ‘god’ it only brings us closer to advancing our species.

When we die, that is the END, no fluffy clouds, no religious nutcases patting each other on the back for choosing the ‘right god’ correctly, no ‘eternal life in blessed happiness’….. Your life just ends, it’s not that hard to understand – and there is no need to be scared of that.

It still amazes me each day that people need to cling on to some fairy-tale and live their life’s based on a bunch of words written by man two thousand years ago to control and manipulate people.

In response to your thread….. it does matter how people conduct themselves, but not because of what a ‘god says’ but because our main aim is to become a type 1 civilisation. End religion and racism and we might just get there and explore the universe like our alien ‘gods’.

True religion is that of ‘virtue’? – I say no!

Creating a better species of human animals by virtue (education & science) is the only way to advancing our species.

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Dear backcase,

But God taught truth and love, where do they separate defines us. Truth is is a number, it counts also. He said so.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Peace to you again, I believe you are a good natured person, but I am sorry to say your post makes no sense to me. There is no spirit in it. And if there was heart to this sentence then I could reply more directly.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Peace to you and I am sorry that you feel this way, but love is beautiful. There is no need to give coldness to a statement of love. I forgive you, because I know that there is God because there would be no creation without its Creator. Keep your anger towards humanity and religion if you wish, but that is not happiness, but an emptiness. God loves you just the same, and also I do, but not with such love that God gives, because God is Love, and is willing to give you true Life, but is sad and pities that you refuse it.

Peace, love, and light to you

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

i love your opening page ,except for one small problem all religions are as false as the crap that they preach .take into consideration that they have all lied to you all for centuries.all of the holy texts are false doctrine that men have written and changed for centuries all in controlling the mindlessness of the masses who are gullible enough to BELIEVE as they say.

Christians book is so full of it that you must all be brain dead .considering that it was copied from the Sumerian texts out of ancient IRAN and all the names were changed to protect the HERETICS.then they added the history of the jews in which was watered down to protect them from their own lies ,take king David the most blood thirsty king of them all he made Hitler look like a saint . he invaded and slaughtered every man woman and child in every city in a nation when he invaded .and this is history.
yet any and all faiths or religions claim to their people that theirs is THE ONLY TRUE SYSTEM OF BELIEFS.
the pope said it best if you are christians and not of his faith then you are of an unclean faith. talk about brainwashing the masses .
WAKE UP AND EMPTY THOSE DAMM CHURCHES WORLD WIDE.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I was totally with ya until the Triune part...

A star for you... but no flag!

edit on 25-9-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I am a little curious, and I'm just trying to understand, not argue with you.

When we die, that is the END
What happens when heat death turns everything in the universe to mind-numbingly cold dust particles? The last life-form will have died long before that. Humanity and everything else will be gone. Why bother to advance to whatever level of civilization? The physical world, for all practical purposes, will no longer exist. In that setting, why does anything really matter?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Peace to you, the Trinity is the completion of the All, the Trinity is where people stray from God, as they do not understand it. It takes a lot of faith, but the Spirit is Love, and I am sorry that you do not want it.

Peace again to you

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

the trinity is a compilation of the ideas of men... started some 300 years after the fact...

But if you choose to believe in it... feel free

Individual beliefs matter little...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Essence of Virtue... I remember the name because I've used it!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by Akragon

Peace to you, the Trinity is the completion of the All, the Trinity is where people stray from God, as they do not understand it. It takes a lot of faith, but the Spirit is Love, and I am sorry that you do not want it.

Peace again to you

To go a step further... Its design:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Peace to you and I am sorry that you feel this way, but love is beautiful. There is no need to give coldness to a statement of love. I forgive you, because I know that there is God because there would be no creation without its Creator. Keep your anger towards humanity and religion if you wish, but that is not happiness, but an emptiness. God loves you just the same, and also I do, but not with such love that God gives, because God is Love, and is willing to give you true Life, but is sad and pities that you refuse it.

Love does not come from a ‘god’, it is a chemical reaction based on a thought process.

I live a fuller happier life with more love than any that involves a make-believe ‘god’.

I think it is you that needs to stop living in a fairy-tale land; you will be a lot happier if you embrace the real world especially when your ‘god’ is proven to be false.

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I am a little curious, and I'm just trying to understand, not argue with you.

When we die, that is the END
What happens when heat death turns everything in the universe to mind-numbingly cold dust particles? The last life-form will have died long before that. Humanity and everything else will be gone. Why bother to advance to whatever level of civilization? The physical world, for all practical purposes, will no longer exist. In that setting, why does anything really matter?

When our universe dies (and it will) perhaps by then we will be able to create universes or move in dimension’s. If we can’t, at least we did the best we could and developed higher levels of consciousness and learnt that learning, science and love is more important than killing each other.

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

Love does not come from a ‘god’, it is a chemical reaction based on a thought process.

I live a fuller happier life with more love than any that involves a make-believe ‘god’.

I think it is you that needs to stop living in a fairy-tale land; you will be a lot happier if you embrace the real world especially when your ‘god’ is proven to be false.

Mickierocksman

Chemical reactions guided by signal. if you haven't traced the source, you're far from making valid points here.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

Mickierocksman

Chemical reactions guided by signal. if you haven't traced the source, you're far from making valid points here.

The ‘signal or source’ (if you want to call it that) is certainly not a ‘god’ or any derivative of one that some try to make a connection to….. But it could be described as a root foundation.

A question for you: What makes a 5 year old ‘love’ a new friend? (and believe me they do 'love')

Your answer should not involve any one of the thousands of created ‘gods’ on this earth, past, present or future.

Mickierocksman

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join