It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Now Insists that Fluoride Only Lowers IQ Levels Outside the United States

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Hahaha they are really taking people for a fool. Reminds me fukushima when the jap gov said radiations are only bad to those who dont smile.. Or when france claimed that never the radiation cloud from chernobyl would cross their borders... Or..

It is really time to clear the world of the corrupted pieces of # which are legion today.

edit on 27-9-2012 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Harvard = JOKE!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The people running the country think people are stupid, why is that. I am not talking about Congress, they are doped up as well. Because people listen to rumors and eat foods that dampen their intellect. I have been studying all of this doping chemistry to try to find a treatment for my epilepsy that also allows me to think well. The people in charge or TPTB know most of us are doped up and they like it that way.

The breaking off of the United States was done because of the tax on tea, an organic compound that settles people down. When people couldn't afford to buy tea, they started to get riled up because their antidepressant had disappeared. There is no doubt in my mind that organic plant based fluorides can be antidepressants but inorganic fluorides can cause some major problem if the structure allows rapid absorption. This can suppress the liver function and screw up the kidneys. Calcium fluoride would be a better system but that even has flaws. It can suppress the peristaltic action of the intestines if used as a therapeutic medicine. The medical industry uses organic fluorides for their medicines. These calm people better but a cup of tea is better and cheaper. The compound action of adding it to water is the worst thing possible. The max being allowed of 4 ppm is causing problems also because the people who are working in the water plants don't understand that too much fluoride can be bad. I have first hand knowledge that some people working there say 4 ppm is what they use because Hydrofluoric acid in water is good for you.

Human nature and belief is involved in this whole mess and the fluoride used in water is compromising peoples immune systems which the liver is a big part of. The liver maintains the blood, dampen it's abilities and it can't build the blood properly.
edit on 27-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Fluoride or not, the people do a good enough job of doping their selves up.

Alcohol, puffages, RX, sugar, hard candy...you name it, most are on one of them at minimum.

I'm not sure that fluoride alone is the cause for the mass stupidity.

If people were concerned about their liver, they would stop drinking or taking meds like tylenol all the time.

Most people simply won't stop until there's already an issue.

THAT is human nature. To wait until the precipice of complete destruction, and choose (or not!) to risk a major change.

This time will be no different. However foolish some believe it to be, it's just how the majority are.

Fools.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

If people want to stop doping themselves up than they should stop eating goitrogens like raw broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, etc... because they can interfere with brain function if consumed too often. Propanol containing food should be eaten in moderation also. A bottle of beer at night can actually raise intellect but a piece of salami or real yogurt works just as well. Like I said, I know a lot of particulars about food and their influence in creating medicines.

And yes, people dope themselves up so they can enjoy life and be friendly. I have a problem with the type of fluoride compounds being used, not with fluoride in general. Fluoride incorporated into foods can be calming, look how cilantro makes you feel good. A person who eats a lot of cilantro and drinks fluoridated water is in jeopardy of becoming overdosed.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Who eats a lot of raw broccoli, cauliflower, or spinach these days

I chomp down on those three daily, but always cook it through before consumption.

They help deal with all the xenoestrogens which are pretty much everywhere.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno

What the researchers from Harvard actually said was that this data can't be used to extrapolate effects in the U.S. because most all water supplies are fluoridated at 0.7-1.2 ppm and this study compared 2 water supplies with fluoride levels of 0.3 ppm and 2.3 ppm (roughly) so you can't use that to determine what a level of 1.2 ppm might do. WHICH IS SCIENTIFICALLY CORRECT!

I

If fluoride has a cumulative affect on the body and cannot be eliminated from it naturally, then i would think that they could use the data to extrapolate what half as much fluoride exposure would do to Americans.

Unfortunately that isn't really the way this type of science works. You would need a study designed specifically to investigate dose-dependent response. For example, going from 0.8 to 1.2 ppm might cause a decrease of 5 IQ points, you could describe as the rate -12.5 IQ points per ppm of fluoride. From 3 ppm to 7 ppm you might see 20 IQ points lost, this would equate to -5 IQ points per ppm of fluoride. And from 0.5 to 2 ppm you might see 10 IQ points lost, equating to -6.7 IQ points per ppm of fluoride. This is an example of a non-linear dose response. Using this data you cannot, for example, accurately predict what the effect of 2 ppm vs 4 ppm might be. This is why they can't simply say "the difference between 0.8 and 2.4 is 15 IQ points (or -9.38 IQ points per ppm Fluoride), therefore the difference between 0.8 and 1.2 ppm will be 3.75 IQ points (-9.38 IQ points per ppm)."

It just doesn't work that way, which is what they were saying. They DID NOT say there was no effect, or that it didn't effect americans, which is what the inflammatory language of the thread and the natural news article used to elicit a specific response from the crowd.

It is more than obvious (as mentioned in my previous post) that there are NUMEROUS issues with ingestion of fluoride, that no one has a good handle (available to the public) of what the real effects are at the levels to which we are exposed, and that it should, without a doubt, NOT be added to public water supplies!

But stop the moronic fear-mongering (both sides) and name-calling (HYPOCRITE: see 'moronic' reference 12 words ago) and everyone will come out ahead.

It is a very effective tactic to provide your opponents with claims so far fetched and un-provable so as to make them look like they are total lunatics. Then the masses will happily follow what you, the side appearing more calm, cool and collected, have to say. Stop taking the bait.

Research the precautionary principle, and use that to calmly illustrate to those in your community why it shouldn't be in our water. If everyone who was anti-fluoride did that we would all be farther ahead.

Don't be chicken little...no one really likes it, and it is an ineffective motivating tool.
edit on 27-9-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join